New club statement

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The statement is superficially reasonable and in ordinary circumstances would be read and forgotten.  Unfortunately for whatever reason and it clearly isn't simply the lack of quality on the pitch a significant number of supporters have voted with their feet.  The spiral is now downwards.

Sadly I believe the statement is misleading, full of half truths and some libellous statements, but I don't doubt the fact that the income generating activities were hindered by the previous regime and the way in which the stadium and surrounding land has been used to generate income which has flown to America.

The way forward is simple.  Pay all the players on time (it has happened again) and challenge for promotion from this dismal league 2 or pass the club to somebody that will.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 5:11 PM, kowenicki said:

. We have signed some young players with great potential with longer contracts to enable us to hold on to them when they prove themselves. This is an investment in the future. We have also decided to reduce our reliance on loan players as they aren’t a long-term solution. Most of these players are not playing at all. they aren't youth players and we have no reserve team, how can they improve? Loans  are needed in this league to add a bit of quality which cannot be achieved within the budget otherwise. Three goal keepers are totally unnecessary at this level and a loan goal keeper should be in the team.

With better administrative structure, better infrastructure and a better, dedicated team. The staff which have been forced out or made redundant, were arguably more dedicated than the current staff. It was decided by Lemmy to clear everyone out who had anything to do with the old regime, whether they were good at their job or not.

4) Financial stability: As you are all aware, clubs below championship level operate within shoe-string budgets. When you add years of financial mismanagement, nepotism in player recruitment. Is he talking of Sheridan's son and Robinson's son here? If so they are both better than the no hopers we will never see play.  

The reduced revenue from the North Stand, reduced gates are all contributing factors, but we continue to provide financial assistance when it is needed. We must stress that the Club is in its best financial position for a number of years and in light of what has happened to certain nearby clubs, we want to assure fans that we are in no danger of a similar fate. Prove it.

5) Trust Oldham: As we have demonstrated, we have tried to forge a strong and open working relationship with Trust Oldham. We would welcome any positive development in this regard, and we have demonstrated our goodwill in appointing the Trust representative as a Director of the club and divulging commercially and personally sensitive information to him as a gesture of goodwill and transparency. Whilst we are disappointed with their statement on their review of the full accounts including personal bank statements were not given the same prominence as their statements criticising the club, we will continue to try and work positively to improve things. Why didn't Darren tell us he had seen personal bank statements, which I suppose show that he has put money into the club. Although they don't prove much.

Finally, we would like to thank the fans that have continued to support the team through this challenging period and some disappointing early results. Those fans that have decided to take a stance to oppose every decision made by the club, please reconsider and come back to supporting the club as we continue to improve on and off the field. They are panicking here knowing they have lost 25% of the clubs hard core support.

We all want to communicate with you in a more transparent way and will hold a fans forum to allow you the opportunity to tell us directly what you think in October, but a date is yet to be agreed. This will be fun, how many will be frog marched out? Who will attend from the board? 

Yours sincerely,

From the Chairman and Board of the Directors of Oldham Athletic Football Club

9 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

That was the lie that was floating round though. 

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

He implied it.  Why else mention it. 😂

It’s ok to admit you’re wrong from time to time. 

I mentioned it because Banide WAS sitting on the touch line during half-time.  There was photo evidence.

If you honestly think Banide’s in total charge of the team then you’re as even more deluded than I thought you was.

30 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

You're calling him a liar because of something somebody else said? Incredible. 

I said that was the lie yes. It was. People said he sat there for all of half time.

7 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I mentioned it because Banide WAS sitting on the touch line during half-time.  There was photo evidence.

If you honestly think Banide’s in total charge of the team then you’re as even more deluded than I thought you was.

He was but it was made out several times he spent all 15 mins there. 

Nobody said he is in total charge. What's your point?

49 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

You're calling him a liar because of something somebody else said? Incredible. 

Just like Kow calling him a liar because of what he apparently meant rather than what he actually said 😂

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

To be fair, he was injured again... but when you are carrying that much weight you will get injured.  Unprofessional. 

Not sure what his weight has to do with being one of the first to reveal what was going on.
I'd say anyone trying to dismiss him out of hand must have their own agenda.

Archived