Fans Bar

1 hour ago, OAFCBilly said:

This is the thing though, the 100 Club Season Tickets that were sold at the start of last season, we weren't even covering our costs with the prices set. Everything else comes after but from what I've been taught in Business it's that you should at the very least cover your costs.

As a Business we can't charge cheaper prices for 100 Club Season Tickets at the start of the season and then bank on a successful season/100 Club members spending more on advertising/sponsorship. If we are successful that spend will come anyway as they will want the exposure for their own business. If we are unsuccessful then we've definitely made a loss. 

Empty spots are sold on an individual basis and again if we're successful in the league/cup, that spend will come anyway.

It's very risky charging cheaper prices than your cost value for 100 Club membership, anticipating a loss overall but saying "If we have a decent cup/league run these businesses will spend more..." as we can't control if they definitely will even if we do well and we can't control what happens on the pitch either. So instead as a Business you have to manage the things you can control and that's covering your costs and charging a price that does this (which wasn't the case last year)

Also quite a lot of 100 club members were just there for the hospitality treatment and didn't own businesses.

I've ran this all by Pat, he's happy for you to call him if you want, I'll message you his number :) 

You should have been taught about loss leaders in business. 

But it’s not actually losing money is it? The season ticket doesn’t ‘cost’ £270, the parking space doesn’t ‘cost’ £100 and the programmes don’t ‘cost’ 23 x whatever they retail at these days. The club would still be making money and it shows how short sighted the club is commercially. 

If Pat is fine with divulging the prices, what were you charged for the food and what did you get for it (1/2 courses)?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

But it’s not actually losing money is it? The season ticket doesn’t ‘cost’ £270, the parking space doesn’t ‘cost’ £100 and the programmes don’t ‘cost’ 23 x whatever they retail at these days. The club would still be making money and it shows how short sighted the club is commercially. 

I was.

If you want clarity on it all, contact Pat. He's more than forthcoming to these kind of enquiries and is better at explaining it than I am.

23 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

If Pat is fine with divulging the prices, what were you charged for the food and what did you get for it (1/2 courses)?

Why don’t you get off his back and leave him alone.   Ffs.  This place... 

17 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Why don’t you get off his back and leave him alone.   Ffs.  This place... 

How about you fuck off? 

He’s saying it’s losing money, I’m pointing out it’s not. Not having a go at him because I know it’s not his decision. 

10 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

How about you fuck off? 

He’s saying it’s losing money, I’m pointing out it’s not. Not having a go at him because I know it’s not his decision. 

Your patronising tone stinks, as usual.  He leaving... he doesn’t care what you think any more.  

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Your patronising tone stinks, as usual.  He leaving... he doesn’t care what you think any more.  

I do care what he thinks, even if I am leaving

It's very easy for things to get lost in translation over the internet. Also, everyone's entitled to an opinion and I don't mind responding to arguments/rebuttals/opinions etc as long as it remains civil

7 minutes ago, OAFCBilly said:

I do care what he thinks, even if I am leaving

It's very easy for things to get lost in translation over the internet. Also, everyone's entitled to an opinion and I don't mind responding to arguments/rebuttals/opinions etc as long as it remains civil

Good luck with that, mate. 

You can think of loss leaders like buying Pogba for £100m on £300k a week even though he doesn't bring that much in additional ticket and shirt sales because you make it back from extra revenue when you win the League and the Champions Lea....

Actually scrap that

28 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Jesus. Nice psychological projection there. 

Stop being outraged on people’s behalf when there’s nothing to be outraged about. 

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

Jesus. Nice psychological projection there. 

Stop being outraged on people’s behalf when there’s nothing to be outraged about. 

You've a cheek Jorvik, imagine asking a club employee a question, also Billy is bang out of order answering the question. 

This place. 

Archived