Wheater - disappointing so far?

I've not been on here or Twitter since the match but glancing through I haven't seen any criticism of Wheater being done for their equaliser. 

If that had been Sefil the pissboil would've been off the scale.

He doesn't talk or organise anywhere near as much as Clarke did does he? 

Just seems to do his own thing. 

He's had a better career and is probably a better player than PC but he's nowhere near as much of a leader from what I've seen. 

Hope he picks up and has a great season but I'm disappointed so far. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He does organise. I see and hear it all the time.  Where do you sit? He’s very impressive imo. IF he made a mistake (I don’t think he did by the way)... so what?... I saw Ronaldo miss a sitter once and I certainly saw Clarke make lots of mistakes. This is lower league football. 

6 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I've not been on here or Twitter since the match but glancing through I haven't seen any criticism of Wheater being done for their equaliser. 

If that had been Sefil the pissboil would've been off the scale.

Just seems to do his own thing. 

He's had a better career and is probably a better player than PC but he's nowhere near as much of a leader from what I've seen. 

Hope he picks up and has a great season but I'm disappointed so far. 

You’ll know what disappointment is when he next gets injured...without him we are a disaster!

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Yes. And Wheater was right there as he put it away. 

Can players - especially better, more experienced players - not bail out their team mates anymore ?

Just now, HarryBosch said:

Oh god...

And he does talk. 

Again.. where do you sit? 

36 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

He does organise. 

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

And he does talk. 

Again.. where do you sit? 

40 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Have all these years of feigning cleverness with jargon & buzzspeak rendered smaller, simpler words like "as" and "much" beneath your superior intellect? 

North Stand near the Chaddy End.

9 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Have all these years of feigning cleverness with jargon & buzzspeak rendered smaller, simpler words like "as" and "much" beneath your superior intellect? 

North Stand near the Chaddy End.

Yes... he talks and directs as much.  Happy? 

Pretty ridiculous thread this.

In no way has Wheater been a disappointment. He’s exactly what we needed after they inexplicably let Clarke go.

He’s a leader, a captain, a no nonsense centre half who leads by example, plus he’s already chipped in with a couple of goals.

If he makes a couple of mistakes every now and then, so what? He’s still head and shoulders our best defender. We’d look a sorry sight if he wasn’t in the team. Like at Bradford away for example.

8 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Pretty ridiculous thread this.

In no way has Wheater been a disappointment. He’s exactly what we needed after they inexplicably let Clarke go.

He’s a leader, a captain, a no nonsense centre half who leads by example, plus he’s already chipped in with a couple of goals.

If he makes a couple of mistakes every now and then, so what? He’s still head and shoulders our best defender. We’d look a sorry sight if he wasn’t in the team. Like at Bradford away for example.

I agree with all that. I just expected him to be even better. 

Just now, lookersstandandy said:

Bet you wish you hadn’t started this now eh Dave? :lol:

Not at all. Those disagreeing me (everyone) are missing or not reading my points, purposely or otherwise. Always a good sign one is right.

Paddy and Eyresy will be along with some moral support soon anyway.... 

17 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Not at all. Those disagreeing me (everyone) are missing or not reading my points, purposely or otherwise. Always a good sign one is right.

I think that there is more to come from David but I also think that he has a strong presence at the heart of our defence. In a way he is being let down by the relative inexperience of the others in the back four. He is vocal as far as I can hear and does direct and help the others at the back, in particular Iacovitti. 

As soon as the messiah Egert  is fit and plays,  to coin a phrase, we’ll be reet...👀

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I think that there is more to come from David but I also think that he has a strong presence at the heart of our defence. In a way he is being let down by the relative inexperience of the others in the back four. He is vocal as far as I can hear and does direct and help the others at the back, in particular Iacovitti. 

As soon as the messiah Egert  is fit and plays,  to coin a phrase, we’ll be reet...👀

David will be learning from the new maldini.

He's a good player, its quite clear to see. Agree he was probably at fault for the goal Saturday, but we should not have been in that position and he was largely solid with Iacovitti. Hes also got three 21 and younger players alongside him, so its hardly surprising the defence makes mistakes. When playing 2 holding midfielders at home, we should not be relying on last ditch tackles and bailing out players from our centre backs. Clarke as a leader and player in this league is very difficult to replace, and he had a large amount of games playing alongside (and bailing out) shit players. Wheater is, hopefully, still working this out that he maybe needs to realise the players around him aren't actually much good.

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Doesn't that depend on what you were expecting of him though?

I was expecting someone who would sure us up enough to keep us up he's only one man, if he was better then someone else would have snapped him up.

Don't forget, he's one good player in a mediocre defence.

When he gets injured (unfortunately, he will) just see how bad we are then!

Sadly, Hamer, Lacovitti, Stott et al just don't seem to be up to the standard - which is a little mystifying in such a shit league.

He wasn't at fault for the equalizer someone turned their back on the Grimsby man running in.... White boots on Lacoviti?  He can't be everywhere
He does organise we have looked better at the back with him in. Is he as good at it as Clarke? Jury out. Does he have more to organise than Clarke did last season? YES

Archived