Wheater - disappointing so far?

On 10/5/2019 at 8:14 AM, TheBigDog said:

Properly used, theses stats can make a huge difference.

I went to watch Brentford versus Bristol City on Wednesday. Prior to the game I attended a presentation on the new stadium and it included a slide or two on the owner Matthew Benham and his company Smart Odds. The club uses the data gathered by the business to inform player recruitment and succession planning. Properly used, it can make a huge difference.

Also, I notice that we have a guy called Dylan Mistry on the staff who has the title ‘Analyst’, 🤔

Oh no, you jinxed him. Gone.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

Him and Des out for tonight and Satruday at Mansfield due to international duties. Better hope Woods is fit again.

If Nepo was still here we could have asked for one or both of them to be postponed?

If we can’t trust Zabret to have a run-out tonight, he may as well pack his bags.

2 hours ago, singe said:

Oh no, you jinxed him. Gone.

I think I'll stand by my earlier stated view that the usefulness of these individually nonsensical stats is somewhat limited at our level. Or possibly just specifically at our club. 

On 10/12/2019 at 4:20 PM, HarryBosch said:

I don’t like fact this thread can be upped most weeks but, sadly, it can. 

What the fuck was he doing for Mansfield’s fourth? 9 men or not 

Like most of us I was overjoyed when he signed but now I think he’s no better than some of our previous CB’s and presently he’s not even fit to lace Clarke’s boots.

On 10/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, Kusunga_Is_God said:

Like most of us I was overjoyed when he signed but now I think he’s no better than some of our previous CB’s and presently he’s not even fit to lace Clarke’s boots.

He was trying to do a lot of organising yesterday, but perhaps he is just sick of playing with such a bunch of useless team mates and has given up himself. Clarke never let that happen, and if he were still here I think things may be slightly better. 

On 10/19/2019 at 1:16 PM, Kusunga_Is_God said:

It is disappointing that he doesn't really seem to be dragging the rest of the lads up to a better level.  It's a little harsh to expect so much from one player but to be honest that is the reason he was brought in.

The two ways that I'll defend him are that I have no doubt that things would be significantly worse without him (hard to imagine I know but I can't see any other partnership that we could have being anywhere near competent).  Also Clarke had a much better group of players to work with last season (although by no means great) and probably still had a better group when Robinson was in charge.  This squad as a whole is a basket case, even without the mess off the pitch.

34 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It is disappointing that he doesn't really seem to be dragging the rest of the lads up to a better level.  It's a little harsh to expect so much from one player but to be honest that is the reason he was brought in.

The two ways that I'll defend him are that I have no doubt that things would be significantly worse without him (hard to imagine I know but I can't see any other partnership that we could have being anywhere near competent).  Also Clarke had a much better group of players to work with last season (although by no means great) and probably still had a better group when Robinson was in charge.  This squad as a whole is a basket case, even without the mess off the pitch.

I am not saying he is poor. If we hadn't signed him we would be bottom, with a large deficit in goal difference. 

Archived