Scunthorpe(A)

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ddot_m said:

All you need to do against us is be present, keep going and when our chaps start worrying about what is for tea, kick the ball vaguely towards the goal.

We should be safe then, as it's a night match they will have had their tea at the OEC before joining the team bus!:peepwall:

1 hour ago, youngen said:

Relegation 6 pointer, could make or break our seas... who am I kidding, I dont give a shit

If you really ‘don’t give a shit’ then does that mean your reaction to tonight’s score will be the same one irrespective of whether we win, draw or lose? 

Btw - the fact that you came on here to post that you ‘don’t give a shit’  sort of indicates that, at some level, you do...😎

6 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If you really ‘don’t give a shit’ then does that mean your reaction to tonight’s score will be the same one irrespective of whether we win, draw or lose? 

Btw - the fact that you came on here to post that you ‘don’t give a shit’  sort of indicates that, at some level, you do...😎

It’s just narcissism. 

5 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Of course I care about the club, but not really this team tbh. The season imo is already set up for a relegation scrap in the shittest league I have ever had the (non)pleasure to watch. I will probably watch them tonight as I have Ifollow, but you are correct that i don't really care if we win lose or draw. I have no real enthusiasm whatsoever for the team we have. It's not exciting, it's not enjoyable to watch and its feeling more and more like a chore to bother watching them. So in that respect, yeah I don't really give a shit!

This game after Saturday on the face of it looks like a team demoralised from throwing away a game that was "in the bag" playing a team who convincingly got their first win of the season. 

That said, we seem to be a lot better away and hopefully we can go there and get 3 points. Can't help but feel we need at least 4, probably 6 points over next two games for us to put a poor start of the season behind us and give us something to build on.

Team I would go tonight using a 4231 formation (I wouldn't play that given the choice)

Woods

Hamer

Wheater

Iacovitti

Fage

Sylla

Missilou

Morais

Smith

Eagles

Azankpo

Come On Latics

11 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

This game after Saturday on the face of it looks like a team demoralised from throwing away a game that was "in the bag" playing a team who convincingly got their first win of the season. 

That said, we seem to be a lot better away and hopefully we can go there and get 3 points. Can't help but feel we need at least 4, probably 6 points over next two games for us to put a poor start of the season behind us and give us something to build on.

Team I would go tonight using a 4231 formation (I wouldn't play that given the choice)

Woods

Hamer

Wheater

Iacovitti

Fage

Sylla

Missilou

Morais

Smith

Eagles

Azankpo

Come On Latics

Not sure that the Fage at left back experiment is working though. Iacovitti must be  close to being dropped for... well that I suppose is the question. Azankpo will probably get the nod over Wilson. 

If Eagles is seen as a winger and Morais too then Smith may have to be content with a place on the bench again. Good impact sub though.

27 minutes ago, youngen said:

Of course I care about the club, but not really this team tbh. The season imo is already set up for a relegation scrap in the shittest league I have ever had the (non)pleasure to watch. I will probably watch them tonight as I have Ifollow, but you are correct that i don't really care if we win lose or draw. I have no real enthusiasm whatsoever for the team we have. It's not exciting, it's not enjoyable to watch and its feeling more and more like a chore to bother watching them. So in that respect, yeah I don't really give a shit!

You are not alone. I'm at the stage now where a goal for is 'quite nice' while a goal against is a 'bit of a shame''. I'm used to bigger swings of emotion than that.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Not sure that the Fage at left back experiment is working though. Iacovitti must be  close to being dropped for... well that I suppose is the question. Azankpo will probably get the nod over Wilson. 

If Eagles is seen as a winger and Morais too then Smith may have to be content with a place on the bench again. Good impact sub though.

Funnily enough, I agree with all of that. I'd give Iacovitti another game or 2 to see if he can improve although I would not be against playing Hamer alongside Wheater, bringing Mills in at right back and shuffling Iacovitti out to left back OR moving Iacovitti out to left back and bringing Stott in alongside Wheater. 

I'd play both Eagles and Morais wide as their deliveries into the box adds a bit of quality. Just a shame that 95% of the time nobody is there to attack it! I'd play Azankpo over Wilson but I would play Smith in behind in the "Maouche" role. Sylla and Missilou are competent enough so I would want Smith right behind the striker and sometimes beyond. Looked quick, skillful and hungry on Saturday.

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

You are not alone. I'm at the stage now where a goal for is 'quite nice' while a goal against is a 'bit of a shame''. I'm used to bigger swings of emotion than that.

This is exactly where I'm at now too.  Unbelievable really, as I've been away from the area for a long time but have always had massive result-based Saturday evening mood swings, but that's been slowly ebbing away under the new regime.

My overriding feeling now is one of just hoping that we can maintain our league status until this all blows over and we have an owner (current or new) who runs the club right.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Here’s hoping that we have a ‘quite nice’ evening over in North Lincolnshire 😉

3 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

On Saturday i saw their equaliser come through and basically just shrugged my shoulders. In previous times I would have at least kicked the cat.

i think we are likely to be better away playing with a bit of pace on the break as it suits the players we have. will come down to how we defend, fancy us to grab one and we prob need to make sure that at least gets us a point. although we are at a low ebb im actually looking forward to the game as the mess is above the team, i think they will give their all to try and get us up the league so hopefully they will continue to improve and put in a solid display

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

5 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

Funnily enough, I agree with all of that. I'd give Iacovitti another game or 2 to see if he can improve although I would not be against playing Hamer alongside Wheater, bringing Mills in at right back and shuffling Iacovitti out to left back OR moving Iacovitti out to left back and bringing Stott in alongside Wheater. 

I'd play both Eagles and Morais wide as their deliveries into the box adds a bit of quality. Just a shame that 95% of the time nobody is there to attack it! I'd play Azankpo over Wilson but I would play Smith in behind in the "Maouche" role. Sylla and Missilou are competent enough so I would want Smith right behind the striker and sometimes beyond. Looked quick, skillful and hungry on Saturday.

Laurent Banide on our flying winger:

‘Jonny (Smith) played well, he's an interesting player and we need to see him maybe to start or maybe after, but step-by-step he must continue because he has good quality and he is young.’

🤔

Archived