Fans Forum announced 10 Oct 2019

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My feeling on it having watched it is that AL genuinely believes he's making the right decisions, he also believes he's surrounded himself with people he can trust but really he doesn't need to keep reminding us that that is his prerogative. 

For me he isn't the problem it's the couple of incompetent individuals he's surrounded himself with, namely Barry and Mo, Barry adopted his usual defensive position from the start seizing the mic at every opportunity and trying to worm his way out of every scenario thrown at him by pretending he was acting dumb arse throughout the entire Three Amigo and Corney reigns, I had plenty to say at the time with regards to Corney and Owen is on record defending the bloke, Owen was around the club more than Corney himself so if he's going down the route of playing ignorant he's a very silly man but all that will be dealt with in due course. 

One point I'd like to make though is surely for the good of the club the man should step down, just listening to him in that room shows you how toxic his relationship with the fans has become, very few trust him and even less like him so how is that any good for the club going forward and how are they ever going to get fans back on board whilst the bad smell from the previous regime is still around? 

As for our esteemed sporting director he simply isn't up to it and watching him muddle his way through proceedings last night just reaffirms that, he's brought in some shit and there's no other way of dressing it up, trying to take some sort of credit for Edmondson is laughable and every one of his signings to a tee has made us a poorer team, we are a quarter of the way through the season and lie 21st in the bottom tier, without a recognised striker and a squad of 35+ players, 25 of which who'd struggle in the National League, in any other walk of life you'd be sacked because you could describe his performance so far as incompetent at best.

My main worry is their wasn't any real acknowledgement for the continuing of making mistakes, on that basis you can't really expect fans to buy in if you throw out that it's yours and you can do as you please with it, if he wants to take that approach he will suffer financially which to me is brainless.

As for the rest of the panel I found the finance director both engaging and honest, probably too honest at times but nonetheless he seemed pretty switched on and knowledgeable, an asset to the club.

Adam Moralee spoke well, to be honest any future meeting with fans would probably be more productive if he attended alone, he's an intelligent man an I think he realises there needs to be change on all sides.

The other director (to Abdallahs right) spoke well, was obviously a passionate and knowledge fan and didn't see the fans as some sort of inconvenience like Owen appears to do. 

If that was the Trust board member on the left it just looked a bit awkward but I may have read that wrong.

All in all it was a fair meeting held together reasonably well and it's a tiny step forward, fair play to the Lemsagams for having the balls to front the crowd, for me that shows the passion is still there I just feel they'd be better served being more humble and conceding they are getting a lot of things very wrong even though that's difficult to do, culturally I am sure the new manager will advise then well and in my opinion they'd do well to integrate him into the board going forward, with 20+ years of experience he's probably the sort of man who could bridge the gap between the board and fan base. 

Some points from me.

Money in doesn't mean that's where it stops. Just because AL's thrown lots of money at the club (and I believe he has) doesn't mean he can ride roughshod over the running of the club unless he's happy with the consequences of losing fans and money.

The reason for low crowds isn't because people are telling others to stay away Barry. People are making their own minds up with the way the club is run and how poor the football is.

AL seemed genuinely surprised by it all. This is what happens when you surround yourselves with sycophants (board AND fans).

No one is bigger than the club? Yes, the fans are. We're the lifeblood.

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

He disrespected the manager in front of the whole squad,  two weeks before he was sacked. He got rid in support of the manager even tho Nepo was AL fave player. Seemed fair enough to me. 

Nepo hasn't been sacked....he has been loaded out till Jan and is still our player. 

Summary of the night I think Ian Cheeseman did a great job, he was fair to both sides and asked the tough questions and gave everyone the opportunity to get there point across, if we do have another one he should get to host it again. In terms of the questions I felt the first half was mostly about the past and the attention was taken away from Abdullah and Mo and mostly aimed at Barry and the previous ownership, I did think Adam Moralee the lawyer spoke very well and I think he will be a good addition to the board he had to intervene on Barry a few times who was starting to go off on the fans. Barry was a bit embarrassing really trying to make it all about him again. 

The second half got a bit more heated and questions were aimed more at Abdullah and Mo they seemed very agitated and looked shocked at how angry some fans were. But the one thing I noticed is not one of them admitted they were in the wrong in some of their decisions, Mo got very offended when the blame turned to him on recruitment and started to get a bit shirty, he thought he is doing a good job, but then shot himself in the foot by saying most of the players we brought in were Banide signings and blamed it on him. Dino took the attention off them, I understand he’s trying to impress his new boss and I liked what he had to say talks a lot of sense and a very likeable character I like how he stood up to address the fans questions, and hopefully he does have a say on transfers in the future. Abdullah needs to stop listening to Mo and Barry they are both not good for the club, Barry should leave as I see no benefit to the club of him actually being there. I actually don’t mind Abdullah I just think he’s letting his brother and Barry have to much influence on him, If he stops listening to them I think we will be alright with Dino in charge, we all know Barry dosent care where we are in the league as long as he’s got a seat on the board he’s not bothered. It’s not going to happen this year now unless we are seriously backed in January but can’t see that, we have messed about to much in the summer. 

Couple of areas that weren’t covered that I would like to have known for example, where has the Edmunson money gone ? Has it been invested back into the club or are they holding onto it ?

Is the sporting director allowed to enter the dressing room on match days and does he have input on matches  

Whatalternatives ways of income are the club looking at if the deal with the OEC cannot be done.

They did promise more forums in the future and hopefully they stick to their word personally I can’t see it, too much heckling going on and a few remarks were made at board members, if they do another it will probaly be in a venue we’re they don’t serve beer as a few got a bit loud after a few pints. 

22 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Nepo hasn't been sacked....he has been loaded out till Jan and is still our player. 

I think super_blue is referring to Banide being sacked two weeks later after the decision was made for nepo to be loaned out, rather than nepo being sacked as that is what they said last night. 

The major issue last night was the complete unwillingness from the board to accept any responsibility for the club’s current situation. I accept they took over a car crash but they’ve had nearly two years at the helm now and we’re going backwards each day. 

Sympathy would be the wrong word, but I do feel a little for Abdallah as from what I can gather, he’s pumped in a load of money and asked Mo and Baz to effectively run the ship. Both of them were comical at times last night.

Barry really does just need to go. Forget the impending investigation, he’s not just distrusted but plainly disliked by the vast majority of the fan base and does absolutely nothing for fan-club relations.

Mo’s admission that he feels he’s done a good job regarding player recruitment was all you need to hear from him. 

I’m not buying into all the soundbites Dino is coming out with however he is in an impossible position so will cut him some slack.

As other posters have said, until Mo and Baz go, I can’t see there being any improvement. Abdallah looked genuinely shocked at times last night as to the level of anger in the room - hopefully it will serve as some kind of wake up call that we can’t carry on as we are but I highly doubt it. 

13 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

A lot of talk of AL getting rid of Mo. 

I’ve always had the impression they essentially own us together, a family business kind of thing. but with Abdallahs name above the door. 

I imagine their other concerns are the same. 

I can understand AL wanting to bring in people he knows and trusts and even Barry for his past experience.

I think once he feels settled and off the field events are sorted he might change things around in the boardroom and refine the recruitment policy. 

10 hours ago, Worcester Owl said:

An utterly delusional comment.

Just my opinion but I’m willing to give him more time. We really don’t have an alternative just now and I think AL will have learned a thing or two from last night.

He will realise he’s made some monumental cock ups along the way but in his defence it does appear he’s been royally shafted by Corney & Co.

There is a definite problem with his lack of English and cultural differences but Dino and Morallee have both alluded to his passion for this club.

Lets see what happens now, keeping a head coach for a good length of time would be a start, I would also suggest sacking Barry Owen would undoubtedly get a few more fans onside.

What a horribly smug man he appears to be!!!

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

My feeling on it having watched it is that AL genuinely believes he's making the right decisions, he also believes he's surrounded himself with people he can trust but really he doesn't need to keep reminding us that that is his prerogative. 

For me he isn't the problem it's the couple of incompetent individuals he's surrounded himself with, namely Barry and Mo, Barry adopted his usual defensive position from the start seizing the mic at every opportunity and trying to worm his way out of every scenario thrown at him by pretending he was acting dumb arse throughout the entire Three Amigo and Corney reigns, I had plenty to say at the time with regards to Corney and Owen is on record defending the bloke, Owen was around the club more than Corney himself so if he's going down the route of playing ignorant he's a very silly man but all that will be dealt with in due course. 

One point I'd like to make though is surely for the good of the club the man should step down, just listening to him in that room shows you how toxic his relationship with the fans has become, very few trust him and even less like him so how is that any good for the club going forward and how are they ever going to get fans back on board whilst the bad smell from the previous regime is still around? 

As for our esteemed sporting director he simply isn't up to it and watching him muddle his way through proceedings last night just reaffirms that, he's brought in some shit and there's no other way of dressing it up, trying to take some sort of credit for Edmondson is laughable and every one of his signings to a tee has made us a poorer team, we are a quarter of the way through the season and lie 21st in the bottom tier, without a recognised striker and a squad of 35+ players, 25 of which who'd struggle in the National League, in any other walk of life you'd be sacked because you could describe his performance so far as incompetent at best.

My main worry is their wasn't any real acknowledgement for the continuing of making mistakes, on that basis you can't really expect fans to buy in if you throw out that it's yours and you can do as you please with it, if he wants to take that approach he will suffer financially which to me is brainless.

As for the rest of the panel I found the finance director both engaging and honest, probably too honest at times but nonetheless he seemed pretty switched on and knowledgeable, an asset to the club.

Adam Moralee spoke well, to be honest any future meeting with fans would probably be more productive if he attended alone, he's an intelligent man an I think he realises there needs to be change on all sides.

The other director (to Abdallahs right) spoke well, was obviously a passionate and knowledge fan and didn't see the fans as some sort of inconvenience like Owen appears to do. 

If that was the Trust board member on the left it just looked a bit awkward but I may have read that wrong.

All in all it was a fair meeting held together reasonably well and it's a tiny step forward, fair play to the Lemsagams for having the balls to front the crowd, for me that shows the passion is still there I just feel they'd be better served being more humble and conceding they are getting a lot of things very wrong even though that's difficult to do, culturally I am sure the new manager will advise then well and in my opinion they'd do well to integrate him into the board going forward, with 20+ years of experience he's probably the sort of man who could bridge the gap between the board and fan base. 

That was Richard Bowden, Fans rep.
https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/june/12062019-new-board-appointment/
The Trust Rep is Darren who was further round to the righht of Mo sort of, off the table, although he didn't speak.

1 minute ago, singe said:

That was Richard Bowden, Fans rep.
https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/june/12062019-new-board-appointment/
The Trust Rep is Darren who was further round to the righht of Mo sort of, off the table, although he didn't speak.

I warmed to this guy, genuine heartfelt approach which one or two others on the panel would do well to replicate. Must of missed his appointment but seems a healthy addition to the board.

1 hour ago, JoeP said:

I don't think his motivation is as innocent as "football fan living the dream".  I think his reason for taking us on dovetails with his previous company.  Owning a football club means his clients can be projected onto a higher stage that they never would otherwise, if he wasn't owning a club.

In could potentially be a good business plan certainly for his "old" football agency as the they have a direct route to raising the profile of their players.  It's not working for the club, though and if his plan isn't working thus far and it's costing him money?  Well tough fucking shit - if he's bought us to use it as a vehicle to peddle his average clients, then I have very little sympathy..

If he bought us to showcase his stable of talent then that doesn’t bother me.  That’s basically how clubs at our level survive anyway.  We sign, develop and sell on.

However, the calibre has been shocking.  Hit rate on good versus bad is minimal.  Last night they referenced Edmundson, Davies and possibly Holloway.  None of these three were Mo’s signings.  Recognition that Abdallah re-signed Edmundson when he was destined for a loan or even release but Edmundson’s development has more to do with Phillskirk as coach and Clarke as mentor than the Lemsagams.

If using us a stable to get richer quick via wheeling/dealing then it will be slowly, slowly because the quality is so bad and resale value is next to nothing or will take years if we’re signing very young and raw talent.

Things the investigation has uncovered.

Barry has no case to answer

Things that the investigation found out after 2 years

The Lancaster Club

Things the investigation has found out
There was an entry saying the Council had to be consulted on the sale of the OEC on the Land Registry docs and that's why AL didn't know he was not purchasing the land.

Slowly, slowly investigations Ltd are assisting.

21 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

If he bought us to showcase his stable of talent then that doesn’t bother me.  That’s basically how clubs at our level survive anyway.  We sign, develop and sell on.

However, the calibre has been shocking.  Hit rate on good versus bad is minimal.  Last night they referenced Edmundson, Davies and possibly Holloway.  None of these three were Mo’s signings.  Recognition that Abdallah re-signed Edmundson when he was destined for a loan or even release but Edmundson’s development has more to do with Phillskirk as coach and Clarke as mentor than the Lemsagams.

If using us a stable to get richer quick via wheeling/dealing then it will be slowly, slowly because the quality is so bad and resale value is next to nothing or will take years if we’re signing very young and raw talent.

Don't forget, when AL was doing his due diligence and starting to put money into the club to stabilize it, we were fairly well placed in league one.  I am sure the gamble he was playing was that bringing in his stars like Menig! the team would soon be showing their wares in the Championship.  In the Championship, everything would be great!

Unfortunately immediately things when south and we were stuck at least 2 promotions from the money of the championship.  I'm sure AL panicked, got rid of anyone, playing or admin, who cost money.  Employing inexperienced staff has resulted in the poor organisation we have all seen.  The few that have done well, have left "to further their careers" we were told last night. 

The thing the board don't get, is that for many of us this does not feel like our club anymore.  it doesn't help hearing "I bought the club and I can do what I like with it".

Archived