Fans Forum announced 10 Oct 2019

8 hours ago, singe said:

The flaw in your argument is that it is Mo bringing the players in Dino and others have clearly said Al is the one bringing players in. "it's my club, I can do what I like often said" The fact he is being protected is not allowing a clear picture of his involvement. 

Adam spoke well because the others were so bad they made him look good. But you have to examine the content of what he said. He said he'd not heard of the Lancaster Club until 2 days ago. He said that an item missing off the Land Registry was a reason the whole OEC is being investigated. A lot if distraction. More questions are needed and it may come to pass, but the grounds for this "investigation look semantic rather than cast iron 

He also said he has done a lot of takeovers. And that these things were "hidden" We know 6 months of Due Diligence took place but that it was very poor Due Diligence. 

He said he did the Due Diligence. 

Bullshit baffles brains. 

Of course AL has got a say on players- a massive one. I got the impression Him Barry and Mo all make ‘recommendations’ to the manager. Maybe some are pushed On him, we’ll never truly know. The model can work,  but you live and die by the quality of the player. If they had signed two gems and sold them on, no one would have an issue. But we haven’t. So it’s rightly being questioned. Most clubs have a transfer committee now,  gone are the days of a manager alone signing 10 players. 

I disagree Adam was the only good speaker. The accountant was very credible, as was the guy to AL’s right. Dino is a great communicator. AL might not be always articulate well, but he’s in a second language and you certainly get enough from him to understand his point. That leaves Barry and Mo who agreed are just a joke. 

Your asking for a level of transparency from Adam that no fan is entitled to. He is allowed to protect the clubs interests and his employers, he doesn’t have to give the fans every morsel. How can be accused of poor due diligence if Corney hid things off the books? Is he supposed to guess? I found him articulate informative and as balanced as he could be. He even said it may come to the point where the landlord asks the club to ‘forget things in the past’ to get a deal done for the SLA on north stand. Something he was willing to consider, but only until he was satisfied he wasn’t the shafting the club further by agreeing to do that. Totally fair enough. The accountant’s report on the FLG was very informative, they have changed several points on the agreement not just ‘we want 4% more’ . The board on the whole did a good job of putting a few myths to bed last night. At the very least it was start. It’s imperative they keep doing this, and it might get a few fans back. 

As I said earlier though, AL can have it running like a dream begind the scenes, but if he keeps buying shit players, no one will care. 

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I disagree Adam was the only good speaker. The accountant was very credible

Apart from saying that he disagreed with the OEC SLAs as 'he ate there once and it wasn't that good' (could have been when the club were arranging their own food for their box though, he didn't mention that).

52 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ok, watched it. 

Barry is a liability, get rid.  Damaged goods.  It doesn’t matter if he’s done bad things or not. Trust is gone and that’s not good for the club. 

I’m content with AL and his motivations and intentions toward the business aspects of the club.  The lawyer and accountant seem more than decent and I doubt they are part of some weird conspiracy.   I might be wrong, but I’n inclined to give them all time. 

Regarding the fans. Some level headed open minded present. But some other  absolute bell ends in that audience. Notable twitter gob-shites amongst them. Disrespectful. The lad that seemed to think it was all for his benefit and walked out in disgust 😂🤪.  Some clearly don’t know as much as they think they do and are maybe barking up the wrong tree. Again, we shall see. 

I was there and I totally agree with you. 👍

30 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Of course AL has got a say on players- a massive one. I got the impression Him Barry and Mo all make ‘recommendations’ to the manager. Maybe some are pushed On him, we’ll never truly know. The model can work,  but you live and die by the quality of the player. If they had signed two gems and sold them on, no one would have an issue. But we haven’t. So it’s rightly being questioned. Most clubs have a transfer committee now,  gone are the days of a manager alone signing 10 players. 

I disagree Adam was the only good speaker. The accountant was very credible, as was the guy to AL’s right. Dino is a great communicator. AL might not be always articulate well, but he’s in a second language and you certainly get enough from him to understand his point. That leaves Barry and Mo who agreed are just a joke. 

Your asking for a level of transparency from Adam that no fan is entitled to. He is allowed to protect the clubs interests and his employers, he doesn’t have to give the fans every morsel. How can be accused of poor due diligence if Corney hid things off the books? Is he supposed to guess? I found him articulate informative and as balanced as he could be. He even said it may come to the point where the landlord asks the club to ‘forget things in the past’ to get a deal done for the SLA on north stand. Something he was willing to consider, but only until he was satisfied he wasn’t the shafting the club further by agreeing to do that. Totally fair enough. The accountant’s report on the FLG was very informative, they have changed several points on the agreement not just ‘we want 4% more’ . The board on the whole did a good job of putting a few myths to bed last night. At the very least it was start. It’s imperative they keep doing this, and it might get a few fans back. 

As I said earlier though, AL can have it running like a dream begind the scenes, but if he keeps buying shit players, no one will care. 

No problem AL having a massive say, or bringing in in players, it's got to be the manager signing them. I agree. We know that has not happened, players signed behind the managers back. jury is out whether it still will with Dino. I hope not.

I didn't say Adam was the only good speaker, I was responding that to the assertion that Adam was in fact a good speaker. He spoke well , but the content was questionable.

I could not hear or understand the Accountant at all for any of his time. first part was my feed, second I just could not make out what was said. He listed some points.

I did not comment on that only Adam.

The level of transparency I am asking fort is not unentitled to. Many League Clubs publish to P&L, and Accrington even further. You only have to look at our Community Trust accounts to see they have contacted information wise since 2014.

Further, I referenced the "investigation", we got not facts at all on it. all I am asking is that the detail of it be laid out, it was really a series of emotional statement and then the hugely questionable fact of not knowing of the Lancaster Cub till 2 days ago, if that slips off the tongue so easily, what else.

Show me where I have asked for every morsel, you are putting words into my mouth. I have asked for details of their accusations.
Again, you detailed the Accountants words, I did not comment on those as I did not hear them, what you said is emotive, but at least he showed a bit of paper and info, since disputed though. BUT PUBLISH IT, that’s the transparency I am after. Let us make our own minds up. 

I'm struggling to see what myths they put to bed, they just went on the front foot and put peoples backs up.

9 hours ago, singe said:

Very true. The investigation is progressing very slowly, slowly. 

Yes, but Adam Moralee said, do we carry on with the investigation and possible legal action, or do a deal with the landlords for the OEC, its a fine margin. He also said they were very close to a deal (where that leaves the FLG I don't know). I don't think there was any fraud, the money Corney received for giving up the OEC was most likely spent keeping the club going, like the money he got for selling Tarkowski's sell on fee. It should however appear in the accounts, but obviously it doesn't, which is a problem. Blitz knows what went on, so has he been asked?

1 minute ago, al_bro said:

Yes, but Adam Moralee said, do we carry on with the investigation and possible legal action, or do a deal with the landlords for the OEC, its a fine margin. He also said they were very close to a deal (where that leaves the FLG I don't know). I don't think there was any fraud, the money Corney received for giving up the OEC was most likely spent keeping the club going, like the money he got for selling Tarkowski's sell on fee. It should however appear in the accounts, but obviously it doesn't, which is a problem. Blitz knows what went on, so has he been asked?

re close to a deal. Well Paul Whitehead has tweet that the club have refused to even talk to the FLG since May. so that's the second factually questionable thing he said on the night IMHO.

Agree re the accounts, which I'm sorry for repeating, greater transparent accounting would highlight. Given the importance of the Community Trust to the deal, they recieved a paltry amount according to their accountss, so maybe it did go into the general running of the club, which admittedly the Community Trust beneifts from the name so should not be a wholesale handover of the  money.

Good question re Blitz, assume he is part of the investigation. Another transparent fact, when did this investigation start? Who is doing it? Remit? The Due Dilligence, undertaken by AM seems to have been poor . I am still struggling to believe he thought he was buying the whole lot and only after found he did not. it is to incredible a tale.

What is not clear (count not hear all) is this an OAFC investigation or a Council one.

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I think as he sees more of the squad in action he's realised many of those recruited aren't and never will be good enough for the first team. Some of these can't have been seen in competitive action by previous managers, perhaps only in training - which is no way to judge a player.

My recommendation is any unfamiliar to Dino potential signings should be watched in live competitive action  before recruitment.

That should be common sense to any manager. It always used to be the case in the old days, that scouts would be out looking for players and recommend them to the club. The manager would then go and watch the player concerned, maybe a few times before deciding whether or not to sign him. Am I correct BP, you know more than me about these things?

I watched the whole thing this morning  and I’ve got to say who let the knobs In who kept shouting Dino  every time  Dino started to speak and I’d certainly not have alcohol on sale  as towards the end it definitely deteriorated but saying all that  Barry confirmed why the fans don’t like him he constantly talks down to people 

1 hour ago, singe said:

No problem AL having a massive say, or bringing in in players, it's got to be the manager signing them. I agree. We know that has not happened, players signed behind the managers back. jury is out whether it still will with Dino. I hope not.

I didn't say Adam was the only good speaker, I was responding that to the assertion that Adam was in fact a good speaker. He spoke well , but the content was questionable.

I could not hear or understand the Accountant at all for any of his time. first part was my feed, second I just could not make out what was said. He listed some points.

I did not comment on that only Adam.

The level of transparency I am asking fort is not unentitled to. Many League Clubs publish to P&L, and Accrington even further. You only have to look at our Community Trust accounts to see they have contacted information wise since 2014.

Further, I referenced the "investigation", we got not facts at all on it. all I am asking is that the detail of it be laid out, it was really a series of emotional statement and then the hugely questionable fact of not knowing of the Lancaster Cub till 2 days ago, if that slips off the tongue so easily, what else.

Show me where I have asked for every morsel, you are putting words into my mouth. I have asked for details of their accusations.
Again, you detailed the Accountants words, I did not comment on those as I did not hear them, what you said is emotive, but at least he showed a bit of paper and info, since disputed though. BUT PUBLISH IT, that’s the transparency I am after. Let us make our own minds up. 

I'm struggling to see what myths they put to bed, they just went on the front foot and put peoples backs up.

I talked about the speakers as you said ‘Adam spoke well, because the others were so bad they made him look good’ you’ve now said you couldn’t hear the accountant. 

Where’s your due diligence? 🤔😜

2 hours ago, singe said:

Chris Stringer is typing it up.
Here is part of the relevent section

I was there last night and I asked Adam to clarify if he meant a grant after he stated  "millions" was and I asked that should be a audit trail of this surely from the council to the club. Think he said they saw evidence that afternoon of two payments.

I have tried to do some research today but the council website is as about much use a chocolate fireguard on xmas eve.

Luckily, Singe's 2011 document gave me a start (cheers)  that lead me into Capital grants under EPS-52-11 and mentioned again in the LDF published in 2012-13, then I found some online BACCS payments to the community Trust on a monthly basis around £745.00 per month and the odd boost of a couple of grand. 

I can't find any mega big payments....but my eyes started rolling around my brain. So I have stopped.

Club;s accounts submitted at the time are as clear as mud to me as I am useless at maths...but the was an increase in the creditors amount in the millions.

So more work

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Ok, watched it. 

Barry is a liability, get rid.  Damaged goods.  It doesn’t matter if he’s done bad things or not. Trust is gone and that’s not good for the club. 

I’m content with AL and his motivations and intentions toward the business aspects of the club.  The lawyer and accountant seem more than decent and I doubt they are part of some weird conspiracy.   I might be wrong, but I’n inclined to give them all time. 

Regarding the fans. Some level headed open minded present. But some other  absolute bell ends in that audience. Notable twitter gob-shites amongst them. Disrespectful. The lad that seemed to think it was all for his benefit and walked out in disgust 😂🤪.  Some clearly don’t know as much as they think they do and are maybe barking up the wrong tree. Again, we shall see. 

Odd to leave ML out of that analysis. 

26 minutes ago, Handsy said:

I watched the whole thing this morning  and I’ve got to say who let the knobs In who kept shouting Dino  every time  Dino started to speak and I’d certainly not have alcohol on sale  as towards the end it definitely deteriorated but saying all that  Barry confirmed why the fans don’t like him he constantly talks down to people 

Totally agree it was embarrassing! Towards the end you could see blood shot eyes on all the people asking questions. Should be no alcohol at the next one.

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

I talked about the speakers as you said ‘Adam spoke well, because the others were so bad they made him look good’ you’ve now said you couldn’t hear the accountant. 

Where’s your due diligence? 🤔😜

Ooops missed a "some" out.

Still I know that 97-0 is 97, but i also know that  97-22 is not 97.

2 hours ago, underdog said:

I was there last night and I asked Adam to clarify if he meant a grant after he stated  "millions" was and I asked that should be a audit trail of this surely from the council to the club. Think he said they saw evidence that afternoon of two payments.

I have tried to do some research today but the council website is as about much use a chocolate fireguard on xmas eve.

Luckily, Singe's 2011 document gave me a start (cheers)  that lead me into Capital grants under EPS-52-11 and mentioned again in the LDF published in 2012-13, then I found some online BACCS payments to the community Trust on a monthly basis around £745.00 per month and the odd boost of a couple of grand. 

I can't find any mega big payments....but my eyes started rolling around my brain. So I have stopped.

Club;s accounts submitted at the time are as clear as mud to me as I am useless at maths...but the was an increase in the creditors amount in the millions.

So more work

HEre are the accounts for the Community Trust. No big payments, esp 2011/ Despite huge justification for the money being attributed to the Community Trust work. Of course using the clubs name so not 100% to the Community Trust.

NB. No aspersions on the Community Trust whatsover, they area fantastic asset to the club, and probably the most positive aspect to the club.

and done noting wrong whatsoever, but they relied on normal football grants not the Council money.

Cqt4VKQt.png:small

7 minutes ago, Nohairdontcare said:

So Marco shrugs and justifies Frankie getting the axe at the sane table where he sits beside Barry who is still there. 

Jokers. 

Marco said he was in negotiations with Scholes for 6 months*. Scholes was appointed on 11/2/19, so 6 months earlier was 11/8/18. I didn't think we were that bad at Forest Green... 

*I'm willing to give Marco a bit of slack and when he said 6 months he actually meant 6 weeks. 

30 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Marco said he was in negotiations with Scholes for 6 months*. Scholes was appointed on 11/2/19, so 6 months earlier was 11/8/18. I didn't think we were that bad at Forest Green... 

*I'm willing to give Marco a bit of slack and when he said 6 months he actually meant 6 weeks. 

I took this to mean when Shez was sacked. Although he wasn’t owner of the club then (but was assisting Corney in paying to get the likes of Doyle etc in) it was widely suggested AL liked Scholes but Wellens started well and the rest was history. 

Good to see a few of the antagonists on here adjusting some of their views after the forum last night. Applying some missing context and constraints I’ve aired in past months. I think all will agree that Barry is a cancer (as Corney was) and Mo is fairly incompetent. I’ve defended AL (to a point) but I’ve little time for Mo. He clearly is a problem and one that won’t be going away. I don’t accept he picks the team tho...suggests maybe, picks it tho? Nah. Like Dino says, it isn’t uncommon in football for owners etc to make those suggestions.

Hopefully Dino will be the positive we need to the negative of Mo. The club is a complex mess and it stems from pre-AL. Was always going to take years to resolve. They’ve also made mistakes and culturally misunderstood aplenty. We have a fairly new board now that’s not been assembled for long. As bad as it got last night, it may have needed that. I’d like to think AL and Adam went away thinking “we do need to approach some things differently” starting with Barry. Here’s hoping.

14 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Odd to leave ML out of that analysis. 

Was only talking about the business side in my post really.  You could have commented on what I did say, rather than what I didn’t. 

Anyhow, ML struggles with English and is difficult to judge to be honest. Dino says he likes him... but then he would wouldn't he, for now. 

17 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Ok, watched it. 

That walk out was clearly premeditated and was a bit daft. Think that's Unsworth Blue from here? He's raised some good points to be fair, just didn't need to make it as much about him as it came across.

3 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

That walk out was clearly premeditated and was a bit daft. Think that's Unsworth Blue from here? He's raised some good points to be fair, just didn't need to make it as much about him as it came across.

Ah, say no more.  

9 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Danny is a passionate loyal fan home and away, probably should of stayed of the sauce but shit happens, at least we've still fans with fight in them.

Archived