Fans Forum announced 10 Oct 2019

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Danny is a passionate loyal fan home and away, probably should of stayed of the sauce but shit happens, at least we've still fans with fight in them.

I know. He's asked some good questions and made a big call giving up his coaching role. His passion is admirable. The walk out was silly though. Felt a bit 'look at me'. 

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

I know. He's asked some good questions and made a big call giving up his coaching role. His passion is admirable. The walk out was silly though. Felt a bit 'look at me'. 

I didn’t even notice it tbh. I was watching on my phone. It could have been one the the points I had it held to my ear. Also you say coaching role ?? Unsworthblue was a coach ? 

2 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I didn’t even notice it tbh. I was watching on my phone. It could have been one the the points I had it held to my ear. Also you say coaching role ?? Unsworthblue was a coach ? 

Danny managed the girls team (and well apparently). Gave it up due to the conflict of interests with the protests he was looking to get going (I think - only what I've seen from Facebook etc). Not sure who's Unsworth Latics and who's Blue but it was Danny 

11 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Danny managed the girls team (and well apparently). Gave it up due to the conflict of interests with the protests he was looking to get going (I think - only what I've seen from Facebook etc). Not sure who's Unsworth Latics and who's Blue but it was Danny 

I recognised it as the Twitter guy Danny too.  Didn’t know that was Unsworth, if indeed it is. 

2 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

One Unsworth is senior, the other junior. Both loyal supporters and outspoken about the regime.

Ah right. Thanks. 

Incidentally, being a loyal supporter doesn’t make them special. Everyone on here is. Being outspoken is fine, but it doesn’t mean you are right and his behaviour was poor frankly (to be polite). Just shouting the odds and walking out when you don’t like an answer is a bit childish.  

6 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ah right. Thanks. 

Incidentally, being a loyal supporter doesn’t make them special. Everyone on here is. Being outspoken is fine, but it doesn’t mean you are right and his behaviour was poor frankly (to be polite). Just shouting the odds and walking out when you don’t like an answer is a bit childish.  

You probably have a point but he's a good guy deep down as is his dad who is great company on an away day.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

You probably have a point but he's a good guy deep down as is his dad who is great company on an away day.

I’m sure. 

Someone once said that absolutely anyone (all of us) judged by their worst moments will look pretty bad. 

26 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Ah right. Thanks. 

Agreed. It was daft and there was an element of wanting to be noticed. I'm glad someone gives a fuck though.

Maybe he walked out as he was getting increasingly aggravated by the twat who is Barry Owen. Imagine admitting that Corney pulled your pants down yet you are still on the board and it’s more than likely going to happen again. Made me laugh “Barry Owen Investigation”. Fuck off Barry, clearly not fit for purpose. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Maybe he walked out as he was getting increasingly aggravated by the twat who is Barry Owen. Imagine admitting that Corney pulled your pants down yet you are still on the board and it’s more than likely going to happen again. Made me laugh “Barry Owen Investigation”. Fuck off Barry, clearly not fit for purpose. 

More reason to stay there, remain calm and dismantle him.  Owen seems massively out of his depth to me so it wouldn’t be difficult, coupled with the fact that he is not very bright, lacks any self awareness and can’t read a mood, he’s an easy target. 

First time I've seen BO speak at any length. Wow. Not surprised he gets the level of grief on here that he does.

Obviously a number of these players aren't good enough yet or up to scratch. Players like Fage though when someone was screaming who wants him, he's young. He obviously has ability. Is he ready to play week in week out? Not yet. He's 20. He's shown glimpses of what he can do but he's constantly played in different positions. Definitely not a left back though

29 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

First time I've seen BO speak at any length. Wow. Not surprised he gets the level of grief on here that he does.

Obviously a number of these players aren't good enough yet or up to scratch. Players like Fage though when someone was screaming who wants him, he's young. He obviously has ability. Is he ready to play week in week out? Not yet. He's 20. He's shown glimpses of what he can do but he's constantly played in different positions. Definitely not a left back though

Fage would be in ahead of Sylla for me. 

So BO lied (or doesn't know) about AL owning 97% of the shares. He will get a shock when the FLG appoint a new board member (that will go down well with AL). Does anyone know how the shares became split, or who owns them? The only way this could have happened as I see it is if Corney sold them, or they were kept by Blitz when he left Corney to it.

4 minutes ago, al_bro said:

So BO lied (or doesn't know) about AL owning 97% of the shares. He will get a shock when the FLG appoint a new board member (that will go down well with AL). Does anyone know how the shares became split, or who owns them? The only way this could have happened as I see it is if Corney sold them, or they were kept by Blitz when he left Corney to it.

Having shares doesn't give anyone the right to appoint a director unless there is a very specific clause in the Articles.  I'd be mighty surprised if that was the case.

5 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Apart from pissing AL off, what will owning a minority of shares do to affect the running of the club in a positive manner?

That alone... nothing. 

Can’t typically appoint a director either, despite what al_bro says. It’s just a shareholding. 

22 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

That alone... nothing. 

Can’t typically appoint a director either, despite what al_bro says. It’s just a shareholding. 

True. I was wrong there.

I don't see the point in the FLG buying for arguments sake 10%, they still have no say in what happens. Is it just being done to annoy AL, or maybe they think it puts them in the driving seat wen AL decides to sell.

Just now, al_bro said:

True. I was wrong there.

I don't see the point in the FLG buying for arguments sake 10%, they still have no say in what happens. Is it just being done to annoy AL, or maybe they think it puts them in the driving seat wen AL decides to sell.

It doesn’t put them in the driving seat at the point of a sale in any way.  It’s just to annoy him.  The shares could be worthless very soon. Hope they got them cheap. 

4 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Ah right. Thanks. 

Walk out when very annoyed at some of the responses, calm down and then go back in again doesn't the worse course of action,

But again we are deflecting from what the Board said.

Lets get back to what the Board and Barry said.

12 hours ago, latics22 said:

How did barry become trust leader? He must have been liked well thought of by the trust?

When we setup the initial board we asked for volunteers for the various positions, then formed a board off the back of this. As per usual, we didn't have too many come forward... At the time it was pretty much just me (the other founder had, errr, lost a bit of focus) and Adrian Stores - Adrian had met Barry I think.

Archived