Fans Forum announced 10 Oct 2019

2 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

When we setup the initial board we asked for volunteers for the various positions, then formed a board off the back of this. As per usual, we didn't have too many come forward... At the time it was pretty much just me (the other founder had, errr, lost a bit of focus) and Adrian Stores - Adrian had met Barry I think.

Cheers 

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/13/2019 at 10:44 PM, peanuts said:

well after watching that shit show through again its clear weve gone from being run by the three amigos to the three stooges abdalah clueless and mo .god help us 

Correct - in any good organisation you can clearly see a "true leader" - we don't have anything like what I would call a "leader" - it's utterly shambolic.

Would anyonelse like to see the end of the term "The Three Amigos" used to describe Corney Blitz and Gazal.

We were all grateful for them in 2004 but they have left an appalling legacy on the football club with the split in the ownership of assets setting the stage for the current clusterfuck that we are currently seeing.

Don't know how controversial that is....

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Would anyonelse like to see the end of the term "The Three Amigos" used to describe Corney Blitz and Gazal.

We were all grateful for them in 2004 but they have left an appalling legacy on the football club with the split in the ownership of assets setting the stage for the current clusterfuck that we are currently seeing.

The Three Chumps 

Maybe I prefer The Three Vampires. 

14 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Join the club.

Given the buyers coming out of the woodwork for Bury, I’m even less convinced they saved the club than I was previously.

27 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Intrigued by the fact that there has not been any mention/report of the evening on the official web site following the Fans Forum last week. 🤔

The only negative reports they will publish are the teams results.

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

They did. There's no question about that. 

Arguably Chris Moore saved us in 2001 I know the 2 are very different but both left us in appalling situations.

The difference is both those 2 tried to make us better before it turned to shit this guy has gone straight to making everything shitter.

Interesting revelation from Mike Keegan re Maynard on the podcast.  8 clubs were in for him in the summer, including us, and we offered the lowest.  And some of the other clubs in for him were non league.

Barry cited a few quality players we were supposedly in for along with Maynard, I think Mayor was one of them, as if somehow justifying our summer recruitment efforts.  But what is pretty clear, which is no surprise at all, is that we were offering peanuts so had no chance of getting these players in.  Just more guff and spin.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Interesting revelation from Mike Keegan re Maynard on the podcast.  8 clubs were in for him in the summer, including us, and we offered the lowest.  And some of the other clubs in for him were non league.

Barry cited a few quality players we were supposedly in for along with Maynard, I think Mayor was one of them, as if somehow justifying our summer recruitment efforts.  But what is pretty clear, which is no surprise at all, is that we were offering peanuts so had no chance of getting these players in.  Just more guff and spin.

How much are/were we paying Maouche & Vera?..... and some people don’t think there are ulterior motives?

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I've just listened to it as well. Mike Keegan had info. from someone who knows Maynard well. As well as what you say, Maynard wanted to stay local and had discussions with the club. It was quickly decided that Maynard was not the right fit for the club.

On the figures regarding the North Stand, Moralee said that the council put in millions, when us fans thought it was just the compensation from the Lancaster Club debacle. I think MK was hinting that the figures the club has, don't match up with the figures he received in the FOI. I may be wrong there because Moralee says he was told the figures by the council.

56 minutes ago, al_bro said:

I've just listened to it as well. Mike Keegan had info. from someone who knows Maynard well. As well as what you say, Maynard wanted to stay local and had discussions with the club. It was quickly decided that Maynard was not the right fit for the club.

On the figures regarding the North Stand, Moralee said that the council put in millions, when us fans thought it was just the compensation from the Lancaster Club debacle. I think MK was hinting that the figures the club has, don't match up with the figures he received in the FOI. I may be wrong there because Moralee says he was told the figures by the council.

It is odd. I can’t work it out either, but I’m taking it that he thinks the original transaction is a tad shady. 

3 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Said it at the time, although we did pay over the odds for Wheater but I think that was a signing made on the back of our shocking pre season form.

2 hours ago, al_bro said:

Moralee had had a letter leaked months ago regarding this but then was only told of these figures on the afternoon of the fans forum?

And hadn't heard about the Lancaster Club until that afternoon?

And still seemed to be unaware, or was pretending to be unaware, of the councils cock up with the planning permission/covenant thing.....? 

11 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Join the club.

Given the buyers coming out of the woodwork for Bury, I’m even less convinced they saved the club than I was previously.

how many of those buyers were only interested in Bury due to the poor likkle Bury headlines all over the media and wanting to appear the big hero who saved Bury 

44 minutes ago, peanuts said:

how many of those buyers were only interested in Bury due to the poor likkle Bury headlines all over the media and wanting to appear the big hero who saved Bury 

There was about 6 or 7 interested until they realised just how far up shit creek without a paddle they were.

I don’t think I could name one of them, so unless I’ve missed it then any attempted to get their name out there were futile at best.

13 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I listened to Mark Palios on Radio 5 tonight (podcastable I'd imagine) talking about the challenges of financing lower division football clubs.  Oh for an owner like that.

Been told by an ex-Latics "legend" that he's an "arsehole", but seems to have steadied the ship at Tranmere.

On 10/15/2019 at 6:46 PM, GlossopLatic said:

Sure it's been used ironically for about the past 10 years. If not, I've been on my own.

Archived