Fans Forum announced 10 Oct 2019

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, oafcmetty said:

Walk out of an event that's being shut down? :chubb:

Might be better if everyone turns their backs on the clown when they start bullshitting. They'd fucking hate that.

Isn't showing the soles of your feet deeply insulting in the Chairman's culture? 

Shoes and socks off. 

On 9/19/2019 at 10:30 PM, Dave_Og said:

Isn't showing the soles of your feet deeply insulting in the Chairman's culture? 

Shoes and socks off. 

I now know where I can sell my job lot of flip flips 

32 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

no chucking your shoe at them is i believe

1 minute ago, SAV said:

I now know where I can sell my job lot of flip flips 

I remember a lot of Latics fans taking a shoe off at Huddersfield away and waving them towards the home fans on the right. What was that all about? Don't remember any Arabic influence at Huddersfield at the time?

7 hours ago, leeslover said:

It's soles of the feet that are offensive, soles of the shoes works as a similar sort of thing. It's absolutely not something we should be doing, it would be on a par with throwing bananas at the owner if he was black. Play the ball.

I agree in the main..... but I’m not having that.....

8 hours ago, leeslover said:

It's soles of the feet that are offensive, soles of the shoes works as a similar sort of thing. It's absolutely not something we should be doing, it would be on a par with throwing bananas at the owner if he was black. Play the ball.

Hang on a minute, it's something that is offensive IN a particular culture, not something that's offensive TO an entire race and the vast majority of every other race. 

5 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Hang on a minute, it's something that is offensive IN a particular culture, not something that's offensive TO an entire race and the vast majority of every other race. 

It says nothing about what he's like as a football club owner and everything about offending him based on where he's from. I can't see it as any different than, "Right, Corney stole the scoreboard money. What upsets Jews?"

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

It says nothing about what he's like as a football club owner and everything about offending him based on where he's from. I can't see it as any different than, "Right, Corney stole the scoreboard money. What upsets Jews?"

Massively different, one's a personal insult and one insults an entire race based on a stereotype. It won't benefit from further debate though so I'll leave that there. 

25 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Massively different, one's a personal insult and one insults an entire race based on a stereotype. It won't benefit from further debate though so I'll leave that there. 

I do get your point but I still think it's too close to the bone. Anyhow I shall also leave it there.

There’s a simple answer to all this and we don’t have to tie ourselves in knots over potentially culturally insensitive behaviour.

”Mr Chairman, you have perhaps tried your hardest during your ownership of this club and we are told that you have spent a great deal of money to keep it going.

However, it’s clear that things have not worked out as you or we would have liked. It is therefore time for you to put the club up for sale, and revert to being a football agent. Forgive us if we don’t want any more of your players. And please take your dear brother and Owen of the Yard with you.”

Archived