Maamria Appointed

On 9/26/2019 at 10:58 AM, Londonboy said:

Roy may not we as "wise" as you wiseowl!.....or as tech savy it appears 

:sign0007:

Oh trust me .... I`m not wise at all - my username was a play on Oldham's motto  (the town that is - Dare to be Wise) and its owls emblem - and I don't even possess a smartphone - deffo not tech savvy !

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/26/2019 at 11:39 AM, oafcshuck said:

DIno confident ahead of Saturday according to today's press conference.

Like the attitude. 

After the last showing there, we need to give a far better account of ourselves and we will, there for the taking if we go at em

12 hours ago, singe said:

Quickest end to a honeymoon period ever!

It amazes how little people learn oh look he comes across well in his first interview and he clearly pumps iron and we won our first game so obviously our problems are now all behind us.

1 Week later: I can't believe we lost at Carlisle.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

It amazes how little people learn oh look he comes across well in his first interview and he clearly pumps iron and we won our first game so obviously our problems are now all behind us.

1 Week later: I can't believe we lost at Carlisle.

Yep exactly my feelings too. The completely over the top positivity after one win against the mighty Morecambe was bizarre to say the least. We have the worst squad in my lifetime and we are very fortunate that there is only 1 relegation place this season, which should ensure another season for us in this pub league.

1 hour ago, wiseowl said:

Yep exactly my feelings too. The completely over the top positivity after one win against the mighty Morecambe was bizarre to say the least. We have the worst squad in my lifetime and we are very fortunate that there is only 1 relegation place this season, which should ensure another season for us in this pub league.

Reminiscent of the overwhelming positivity after your meeting with the trust followed by saying they're a bag of shite a week later

On 9/28/2019 at 7:46 PM, singe said:

Quickest end to a honeymoon period ever!

Bet you couldn't wait, Singe.

10 hours ago, wiseowl said:

I'm beginning to think you are some kind of Troll, amongst others.
All the teams in League Two are there on merit, like it or not.

23 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Bet you couldn't wait, Singe.

I'm beginning to think you are some kind of Troll, amongst others.
All the teams in League Two are there on merit, like it or not.

I'm afraid you could not be further from the truth. Anyway, it was based on what I'd seen people say/write/tweet.

Im not sure the team deserved to be booed off at half time and I am damned certain the abuse the players got for clapping the away support was not called for. It wasnt a great performance by any stretch of the imagination but clear as day we were crying out for someone to hold up play and bring the wide midfielders in with thier face to goal. The manager aknowledeges that. The subs were strange (I thought Morais and Maouche should have gone). I went fully expecting not to win but I actually think a draw would have been a fair result. It was a blatant foul on Misssalou for the goal (it was also shite defending). 

I used to love football for the atmosphere and the wit and sharpness of the humour of the fans. Chants of staying uo because of Bury and sack the board half heartedly sung towards the end and it seemed the fans put more effort in to the booing. Lord knows whats next, or who, but I had the opportunity to watch my team play and not all of my family can say that. 

36 minutes ago, andy_b_100 said:

Im not sure the team deserved to be booed off at half time and I am damned certain the abuse the players got for clapping the away support was not called for. It wasnt a great performance by any stretch of the imagination but clear as day we were crying out for someone to hold up play and bring the wide midfielders in with thier face to goal. The manager aknowledeges that. The subs were strange (I thought Morais and Maouche should have gone). I went fully expecting not to win but I actually think a draw would have been a fair result. It was a blatant foul on Misssalou for the goal (it was also shite defending). 

I used to love football for the atmosphere and the wit and sharpness of the humour of the fans. Chants of staying uo because of Bury and sack the board half heartedly sung towards the end and it seemed the fans put more effort in to the booing. Lord knows whats next, or who, but I had the opportunity to watch my team play and not all of my family can say that. 

Interesting take on a game that in effect we could have been playing until now and still not scored. If we're being entirely honest, I'm not convinced we'd have hit the target much more either. 

We are 11 games into a league season and have recorded a pitiful 10 points in what is standard wise, little better than dross. Worst part is we're 5th bottom of it.

Fans to be quite honest are sick of the position that the club finds itself in. Most have become apathetic but there remains some that feel angered by the situation and as such you get reactions to yet another sub-standard performance with songs such as "staying up because of Bury" and "sack the board". 

The Club's identity has gone. The Club's fan base is diminishing at an alarming rate. The performance on Saturday was not good enough. Carlisle were poor, very poor, yet our sideways and backwards possession football created very little and the attacking intent was almost non-existent. 

Fans have had enough and who can blame them? 

I'm no boo-boy but the slow-moving possession football of Maouche and over-indulgent trickery of Branger aren't needed at this level.

Fast-moving forward-looking attacking football is eminently achievable at this level by our squad and the aforementioned pair if the desire is there.

Let's frighten the opposition instead of ourselves ! 

52 minutes ago, unsworthlatic said:

Interesting take on a game that in effect we could have been playing until now and still not scored. If we're being entirely honest, I'm not convinced we'd have hit the target much more either. 

We are 11 games into a league season and have recorded a pitiful 10 points in what is standard wise, little better than dross. Worst part is we're 5th bottom of it.

Fans to be quite honest are sick of the position that the club finds itself in. Most have become apathetic but there remains some that feel angered by the situation and as such you get reactions to yet another sub-standard performance with songs such as "staying up because of Bury" and "sack the board". 

The Club's identity has gone. The Club's fan base is diminishing at an alarming rate. The performance on Saturday was not good enough. Carlisle were poor, very poor, yet our sideways and backwards possession football created very little and the attacking intent was almost non-existent. 

Fans have had enough and who can blame them? 

Whats more interesting ... is that we were in the 80th min before these songs started. I personally would love a new owner and inparticularly one that left the playing side to a manager. I understand anger and protests, but do they not need to be aired all the time.... not just when they are oissed off at the result. These songs were aimed at the players and the manager. 

I agree the performance was sub standard, I also agree that Carlisle were poor. We had as many chances as them we just didnt take them. Had the result been different say 0-0 ... would it have been the same ? probably not. 

Sack the board ... ? were the board there ? Im just saying it as it is ... I dont beleive that the olayers and manager deserved the dogs abuse at the end. 

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2019/september/28092019-dino-q-and-a/

If anyone on here is going to this please ask Dino the following question:

’Do you pick the team and the formation for every game?’

Then we can put that old chestnut to bed 😉

I highly doubt that will put it to bed what do you think his response will be?

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Only if he says "no. Mo &/or AL pick it".

Any other answer will be disbelieved by those who'll refuse to believe it. 

1 hour ago, andy_b_100 said:

Whats more interesting ... is that we were in the 80th min before these songs started. I personally would love a new owner and inparticularly one that left the playing side to a manager. I understand anger and protests, but do they not need to be aired all the time.... not just when they are oissed off at the result. These songs were aimed at the players and the manager. 

I agree the performance was sub standard, I also agree that Carlisle were poor. We had as many chances as them we just didnt take them. Had the result been different say 0-0 ... would it have been the same ? probably not. 

Sack the board ... ? were the board there ? Im just saying it as it is ... I dont beleive that the olayers and manager deserved the dogs abuse at the end. 

It did only seem to start 80 minutes in. Substitutions such as leaving Johnny Smith on the bench who had been a real light since he has appeared in a Latics shirt was a breaking point for many. The songs started after an aimless Crossfield-ball from Iacovitti went flying into touch. The lacks of idea, the lack of attacking intent and the lack of improvement left people frustrated.

I didn’t boo them off. Shouted in true Latics style “bloody rubbish Oldham” and also joined in with the songs towards the board. Both Barry Owen and Mohammed Lemsagam were at the game and to be honest those songs are the supporters suggesting that we (on the whole) blame the owners and the boardroom as opposed to them and the manager.

It wasn’t good enough, they perhaps did deserve booing off as the performance was yet again way under par and it certainly needs to be said that supporters had spent upwards of £50 on travel and match ticket alone so have every right to complain and boo a performance that saw us record 2 shots on target, one of which came from a cushioned volley off a long Tom Hamer throw in.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Are they frightened of non season ticket holders attending this, as they are only being able to buy tickets the day before the event?

Archived