Maamria Appointed

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, al_bro said:

Are they frightened of non season ticket holders attending this, as they are only being able to buy tickets the day before the event?

Wouldn't have thought so but season tickets should get priority over specific events like they will with tickets for cup games/away games with limited supply etc....

4 hours ago, super_blue said:

Wouldn't have thought so but season tickets should get priority over specific events like they will with tickets for cup games/away games with limited supply etc....

You think the Coliseum will sell out for the latest installment of 'Meet the puppet' :laught30: I think if you want to go you'll get in it's hardly Gillingham away.

14 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

You think the Coliseum will sell out for the latest installment of 'Meet the puppet' :laught30: I think if you want to go you'll get in it's hardly Gillingham away.

I didn’t say it would sell out...have a read again! I’m just offering an answer for someone’s question. 

23 hours ago, unsworthlatic said:

It did only seem to start 80 minutes in. Substitutions such as leaving Johnny Smith on the bench who had been a real light since he has appeared in a Latics shirt was a breaking point for many. The songs started after an aimless Crossfield-ball from Iacovitti went flying into touch. The lacks of idea, the lack of attacking intent and the lack of improvement left people frustrated.

I didn’t boo them off. Shouted in true Latics style “bloody rubbish Oldham” and also joined in with the songs towards the board. Both Barry Owen and Mohammed Lemsagam were at the game and to be honest those songs are the supporters suggesting that we (on the whole) blame the owners and the boardroom as opposed to them and the manager.

It wasn’t good enough, they perhaps did deserve booing off as the performance was yet again way under par and it certainly needs to be said that supporters had spent upwards of £50 on travel and match ticket alone so have every right to complain and boo a performance that saw us record 2 shots on target, one of which came from a cushioned volley off a long Tom Hamer throw in.

The Sack the Board chants may have started at about 80 minutes but people were booing them off at half time. Same fucking weapons singing 'sideways and backwards' despite us clearly looking for a pass or looking for Morais to get down the side, or singing 'attack attack attack' when we were attacking.

The team isn't good enough but it's just unhelpful. We are where we are. Target the idiots that have got this side together rather than the side themselves.

56 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

The Sack the Board chants may have started at about 80 minutes but people were booing them off at half time. Same fucking weapons singing 'sideways and backwards' despite us clearly looking for a pass or looking for Morais to get down the side, or singing 'attack attack attack' when we were attacking.

The team isn't good enough but it's just unhelpful. We are where we are. Target the idiots that have got this side together rather than the side themselves.

I didn't hear the booing at half time, that said, I think I was under the stand prior to the whistle so I probably wouldn't have done. Poor half mind.

The sideways and backwards song was probably fairly accurate. We rarely moved the ball forward and when we did it went at a pedestrian pace which was frustrating to say the least. The lack of off the ball movement was dreadful too and that added to the static build up play really shows that the level of attacking intent is extremely low. This is frustrating to say the least. It's also extremely easy to pass the ball to the next person who is stood little more than 5 yards away. Very little in the way of creativity, even less in effective play and so so easy to defend against. 

Everybody (or most of us) sees that the recruitment is where the issue lies. The players aren't good enough but people were frustrated at playing a side who was little better (if any) than Morecambe, perhaps expecting us to kick on under Dino following his positive energy to see a team put in a performance which was dull and lacklustre

On 9/29/2019 at 8:01 PM, Wardie said:

I'm beginning to think you are some kind of Troll, amongst others.

Cheers Wardie - don't consider myself a troll but, if you do, fine - not arsed tbh.

I have a different opinion than you - sorry about that. Until some dictatorship is installed to run the country, I`ll continue to exercise my freedom of speech/expression - despite people like you trying to stifle debate.

So the cunning plan for Dino to take all the heat from the Fans Forum didn't work.

A rushed, botched attempt.

Odds on that the Fans Forum now has Dino in attendance as well. They wouldn't cancel that too. Would they.....?!

29 minutes ago, singe said:

So the cunning plan for Dino to take all the heat from the Fans Forum didn't work.

A rushed, botched attempt.

Odds on that the Fans Forum now has Dino in attendance as well. They wouldn't cancel that too. Would they.....?!

I did think that they had not given enough time between events really.

Ideally, the fans forums are not meant for meeting the coaching/playing staff. Different event, different style of questioning and environment.

Next Thursday event will be interesting. Wonder if there will be any live streaming....hmmmmm

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I did think that they had not given enough time between events really.

Ideally, the fans forums are not meant for meeting the coaching/playing staff. Different event, different style of questioning and environment.

Next Thursday event will be interesting. Wonder if there will be any live streaming....hmmmmm

Apparently it will better streamed on Facebook. 

Just clarifying a few things...

Coliseum was looked at for the board Fans Forum next week, but unfortunately wasn’t available on the date we wanted

Dino wanted to do the Q&A as he wants to meet and build a rapport with the fans. He asked for it so the club decided to do it despite it being short notice. After a quick discussion with Dino about tickets sold we decided to postpone it for now due to lack of interest, Dino understood

We’re also hoping to stream the Fans Forum on Facebook for those that aren’t there. Obviously can’t guarantee it as there may be connection issues etc but the media guys are trying - if they can’t then obviously updates will be provided

Archived