Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Inspiral_Carpet

Maamria Appointed

Recommended Posts

On 10/2/2019 at 10:33 PM, wiseowl said:

Cheers Wardie - don't consider myself a troll but, if you do, fine - not arsed tbh.

 

I have a different opinion than you - sorry about that. Until some dictatorship is installed to run the country, I`ll continue to exercise my freedom of speech/expression - despite people like you trying to stifle debate.

 

Me, stifle debate?
I think you have it wrong...I'm just trying to stifle negative claptrap.

You're not a troll and I apologise for being a bit reactive, it's the negativity that gets me down [no pun] and any attempt at positivism seems to be berated by the "usual suspects" who do have a point in their anger at the current owner but are completely over the top when it comes to criticising other members for not totally agreeing with their point of view. It's bad enough the vitriol on Twitter, without it spreading to this once hospitable forum.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be interested in what those questioning Roy's unprofessionalism earlier in this thread make of Adam Morallee, Dino and Abdallah....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, singe said:

Be interested in what those questioning Roy's unprofessionalism earlier in this thread make of Adam Morallee, Dino and Abdallah....

 

While Barry tucks in!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dannyboy55555 said:

While Barry tucks in!

 

While Mo looks on waiting to be offered  scraps from Barry's plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

 

While Mo looks on waiting to be offered  scraps from Barry's plate.

~IIRC Barry actually offered him some, as Mo looked disgusted!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What came across to me was the boards hostility to the FLG as some sort of takeover threat rather than all concerned negotiating a good deal on the North stand for the benefit of the club.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

What came across to me was the boards hostility to the FLG as some sort of takeover threat rather than all concerned negotiating a good deal on the North stand for the benefit of the club.

Barry's rant , for the benefit of the FLG in the room I think he said, about the right to enter the OEC on safety ground was gobsmacking. Neither the time, the place, or the approach to take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, singe said:

Be interested in what those questioning Roy's unprofessionalism earlier in this thread make of Adam Morallee, Dino and Abdallah....

 

Dino to Adam “you think these biceps are vainy check out my premium Snapchat “

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Dino to Adam “you think these biceps are vainy check out my premium Snapchat “

What's premium snap chat? Asking for a friend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

I can’t help but think Dino is all talk, I like him but I hope I’m wrong. 

Feel the same, but hes dowie like. Might motivate them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Feel the same, but hes dowie like. Might motivate them 

 

He's a cert for a future job on Sky Sports Saturday alongside Jeff Stelling and co.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, singe said:

Be interested in what those questioning Roy's unprofessionalism earlier in this thread make of Adam Morallee, Dino and Abdallah....

 

Didn't Barry say turn off the camera whilst he was shovelling the pie down his neck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually felt a bit sorry for Barry Owen when all that was going on. It was clear he wasn't 'one of the lads' and the others seemed to take the piss a bit at times. He laughed at times there was nothing to laugh about at jokes he clearly wasn't part of. Seemed uncomfortable but wanted to portray otherwise. Came across as a twat when he spoke though. Used to think he got some unfair stick but his clear disdain for fans and his condescending tone is embarrassing.

Edited by longtimeblue
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

I actually felt a bit sorry for Barry Owen when all that was going on. It was clear he wasn't 'one of the lads' and the others seemed to take the piss a bit at times. He laughed at times there was nothing to laugh about at jokes he clearly wasn't part of. Seemed uncomfortable but wanted to portray otherwise. Came across as a twat when he spoke though. Used to think he got some unfair stick but his clear disdain for fans and his condescending tone is embarrassing.

Blokes a PR disaster has been from the year dot, had the displeasure of being in his company a couple of times and he's quite frankly a prick, beggars belief what he brings to the table.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

I actually felt a bit sorry for Barry Owen when all that was going on. It was clear he wasn't 'one of the lads' and the others seemed to take the piss a bit at times. He laughed at times there was nothing to laugh about at jokes he clearly wasn't part of. Seemed uncomfortable but wanted to portray otherwise. Came across as a twat when he spoke though. Used to think he got some unfair stick but his clear disdain for fans and his condescending tone is embarrassing.

 

I think the penny dropped to the board during this Forum just how divisive and destructive to the fanbase Owen is.  AL and Moralee had to stick up for the bloke at the start but as the forum wore on, Moralee was more WTF? every time Owen grabbed the mic.  Hopefully BO is dropped from the board ASAP.

 

On a wider scale, personally I’m just bored of it all now.  The past is the past.  If the club is more solvent now, secure and AL still has the cash then give Dino this January window to rebuild and see where we go.  I’m not even bothered if ML still recommends potential signings if Dino has final say.  Dino I like - yes he’s all sound bite - but he’s ambitious and driven, which is what we need.  Equally he can unite the fanbase by winning games and attending future forums.

 

What has wound me up is the FLG releasing the statement about buying shares yesterday.  When I thought we’d now get some openness following the forum, this statement is just going to divide the club further and potentially jeopardise what is imminently achievable on the pitch via Dino.  What’s their real motive here?  What they aiming to achieve by being present - but more so vocal via social media - on the board at this stage?  Granted they’re acquiring a vote on the board but why publicly rattle the sabre now?  To me it’s just a dick measuring competition now, courting the fanbase and placing the club at risk short-term.

 

If the intention is to force a sale of the club and own both club and stadium, stop the fucking around with social media teasers and coded messages.  The forum was an opportunity to stand up, announce yourself and force the board into meeting and addressing everything - OEC, SLA, FLG....WTF?  Between the two parties, grow the fuck up and achieve some unity.

 

All I want is for the football club to win on the pitch and get promotion in my lifetime.  Even if it’s signing Billy Clark on a short term deal to inject the possibility of a goal short-term.  Get together for the sake of the club - the club is the most important thing here - unite the fans and entice the fans back.

Edited by Midsblue
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 9:58 AM, singe said:

Be interested in what those questioning Roy's unprofessionalism earlier in this thread make of Adam Morallee, Dino and Abdallah....

 


What’s this got to do with Roy and the live press conference? Wasn’t this during the break? What are you going on about?  
 

ps. BO is a joke and a liability imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

 

I think the penny dropped to the board during this Forum just how divisive and destructive to the fanbase Owen is.  AL and Moralee had to stick up for the bloke at the start but as the forum wore on, Moralee was more WTF? every time Owen grabbed the mic.  Hopefully BO is dropped from the board ASAP.

 

On a wider scale, personally I’m just bored of it all now.  The past is the past.  If the club is more solvent now, secure and AL still has the cash then give Dino this January window to rebuild and see where we go.  I’m not even bothered if ML still recommends potential signings if Dino has final say.  Dino I like - yes he’s all sound bite - but he’s ambitious and driven, which is what we need.  Equally he can unite the fanbase by winning games and attending future forums.

 

What has wound me up is the FLG releasing the statement about buying shares yesterday.  When I thought we’d now get some openness following the forum, this statement is just going to divide the club further and potentially jeopardise what is imminently achievable on the pitch via Dino.  What’s their real motive here?  What they aiming to achieve by being present - but more so vocal via social media - on the board at this stage?  Granted they’re acquiring a vote on the board but why publicly rattle the sabre now?  To me it’s just a dick measuring competition now, courting the fanbase and placing the club at risk short-term.

 

If the intention is to force a sale of the club and own both club and stadium, stop the fucking around with social media teasers and coded messages.  The forum was an opportunity to stand up, announce yourself and force the board into meeting and addressing everything - OEC, SLA, FLG....WTF?  Between the two parties, grow the fuck up and achieve some unity.

 

All I want is for the football club to win on the pitch and get promotion in my lifetime.  Even if it’s signing Billy Clark on a short term deal to inject the possibility of a goal short-term.  Get together for the sake of the club - the club is the most important thing here - unite the fans and entice the fans back.


Wholeheartedly agree with this post. Every word of it. 👏 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Blokes a PR disaster has been from the year dot, had the displeasure of being in his company a couple of times and he's quite frankly a prick, beggars belief what he brings to the table.


His pie and peas. Surely he’d had his tea before he turned. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, kowenicki said:


Wholeheartedly agree with this post. Every word of it. 👏 

Feels like they just have intentions of causing trouble. They clearly just want AL out and working against him is just going to piss him off not make him go I’m afraid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

 

I think the penny dropped to the board during this Forum just how divisive and destructive to the fanbase Owen is.  AL and Moralee had to stick up for the bloke at the start but as the forum wore on, Moralee was more WTF? every time Owen grabbed the mic.  Hopefully BO is dropped from the board ASAP.

 

On a wider scale, personally I’m just bored of it all now.  The past is the past.  If the club is more solvent now, secure and AL still has the cash then give Dino this January window to rebuild and see where we go.  I’m not even bothered if ML still recommends potential signings if Dino has final say.  Dino I like - yes he’s all sound bite - but he’s ambitious and driven, which is what we need.  Equally he can unite the fanbase by winning games and attending future forums.

 

What has wound me up is the FLG releasing the statement about buying shares yesterday.  When I thought we’d now get some openness following the forum, this statement is just going to divide the club further and potentially jeopardise what is imminently achievable on the pitch via Dino.  What’s their real motive here?  What they aiming to achieve by being present - but more so vocal via social media - on the board at this stage?  Granted they’re acquiring a vote on the board but why publicly rattle the sabre now?  To me it’s just a dick measuring competition now, courting the fanbase and placing the club at risk short-term.

 

If the intention is to force a sale of the club and own both club and stadium, stop the fucking around with social media teasers and coded messages.  The forum was an opportunity to stand up, announce yourself and force the board into meeting and addressing everything - OEC, SLA, FLG....WTF?  Between the two parties, grow the fuck up and achieve some unity.

 

All I want is for the football club to win on the pitch and get promotion in my lifetime.  Even if it’s signing Billy Clark on a short term deal to inject the possibility of a goal short-term.  Get together for the sake of the club - the club is the most important thing here - unite the fans and entice the fans back.

Excellent post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kowenicki said:


His pie and peas. Surely he’d had his tea before he turned. 

Wonder if the peas were good or if they were...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

You know what's coming....


??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...