Maamria Appointed

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He started off with the match incidents; he thought Egert was possibly hard done-by. Morais should've known better than to argue with an official shortly after being booked. He was livid with the way the third goal was conceded. He was also scathing about the attitudes of some of the players, he said "...some of them play like they were playing a game in a park..." He also said that "...at the moment we are a league two club, but if things carry on the same then we won't even be a league two club..."

He singled out Tom Hamer for his performance and mentioned that he is "...Oldham through and through..." He also had a good word for the supporters who stuck with them throughout the game and even gave a standing ovation at the end. He says he can sort it out, but we are stuck with what we've got until January. It was a good interview with him, he's passionate to succeed and I believe he threw down a gauntlet to those in charge to change their ways or change the manager. I like this bloke so are those in charge going to change their failing ways and back him? (reaches for my tin helmet and digs a trench) or are they going to carry on regardless and wait for the inevitable relegation?

41 minutes ago, Damian_Thorn said:

He started off with the match incidents; he thought Egert was possibly hard done-by. Morais should've known better than to argue with an official shortly after being booked. He was livid with the way the third goal was conceded. He was also scathing about the attitudes of some of the players, he said "...some of them play like they were playing a game in a park..." He also said that "...at the moment we are a league two club, but if things carry on the same then we won't even be a league two club..."

He singled out Tom Hamer for his performance and mentioned that he is "...Oldham through and through..." He also had a good word for the supporters who stuck with them throughout the game and even gave a standing ovation at the end. He says he can sort it out, but we are stuck with what we've got until January. It was a good interview with him, he's passionate to succeed and I believe he threw down a gauntlet to those in charge to change their ways or change the manager. I like this bloke so are those in charge going to change their failing ways and back him? (reaches for my tin helmet and digs a trench) or are they going to carry on regardless and wait for the inevitable relegation?

Hes a likeable character and he speaks well and makes a lot of sense.

But talk is cheap, I personally don't think hes up to the job(no disrespect intended to him) and like his predecessors his stay here will be short lived, another heavy defeat and he will be gone.

He isn't the problem though and neither will be the next manager, or the one after that.

7 or 8 managers in, after two or so years in charge, one relegation and stuck in the basement of league 2, its not worked for the current owners, well intentioned or not, its just not worked.

I haven't a clue who could take us over but we are headed one way with this leadership.

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s all talk. I really hope I am wrong but he really is all talk I feel. 

3 hours ago, True Tic said:

Hes a likeable character and he speaks well and makes a lot of sense.

But talk is cheap, I personally don't think hes up to the job(no disrespect intended to him) and like his predecessors his stay here will be short lived, another heavy defeat and he will be gone.

He isn't the problem though and neither will be the next manager, or the one after that.

7 or 8 managers in, after two or so years in charge, one relegation and stuck in the basement of league 2, its not worked for the current owners, well intentioned or not, its just not worked.

I haven't a clue who could take us over but we are headed one way with this leadership.

Dino is not the issue folks FFS. How many times is it going to take people to realise this? 

Its not fucking rocket science as to why the club is an absolute cluster fuck. If Frankie Bunn was left alone , or even Wild, we would have made the play offs. This league is gash, seriously gash and you don’t even have to be a good footballing side to challenge. I.e Newport who were a team of thugs who made the play off final.

A consistent well drilled side flies through this league. We are anything but. We are fractured inside and out from the fan base, to the squad dynamic and the board relationship. It’s twisted and it doesn’t work. 

I don’t know where we go from here but we should be focusing on Abdallah and Mo not if Dino is using a few sound bites in his interviews. 

Hopefully Dino will be the one manager that gets time, he has openly said a couple of times already that there are bad players in this squad..(which blew my mind yesterday when he started Vera, is he one of the better ones)

The passion we all want from him is there but will working for the Lemmys take his drive and ambition away.

January will be the sign of how much control Dino has, there should be plenty of players getting shipped out..

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Where to? They have contracts and nobody's buying them

That’ll be testament to Mo’s ability as a sporting director.  If we cannot loan out or sell on then Abdallah needs to swallow for his brother’s fuck ups and fund a few new faces for Dino.

I dont think Dino is going anywhere for a while, His new Assistant manager was with him yesterday spoke with him outside the ground, he knows work needs to be done in certain areas , and they need to get better.Also he is fully away that we need a target man and in this league you need one.. Fitness is an issue also 

5 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I dont think Dino is going anywhere for a while, His new Assistant manager was with him yesterday spoke with him outside the ground, he knows work needs to be done in certain areas , and they need to get better.Also he is fully away that we need a target man and in this league you need one.. Fitness is an issue also 

He sounds like has genuine expert insight.....

34 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

Who is the assistant manager?

44 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

If he isn’t going anywhere for a while he’ll have a relegation on his cv, I’m becoming certain of that. It beggars belief that we are mid October and fitness is an issue, and his target man is the great Urko Vera. Poor Dino

56 minutes ago, True Tic said:

If he isn’t going anywhere for a while he’ll have a relegation on his cv, I’m becoming certain of that. It beggars belief that we are mid October and fitness is an issue, and his target man is the great Urko Vera. Poor Dino

Unfortunately for Dino this isnt his squad of players, He hasnt any choice but to pick 11 out of this large squad, personally i have mixed feelings over Dino, but im happy to give him benefit of the doubt until he has had a transfer window to bring his own player, if he is allowed to...

I had a chat with Frank Bunn in Tesco this morning. He absolutely summed the club up and he and Andy Rhodes would have got us up this year. He was buzzing about Sturridge scoring on Friday and it was Andy Rhodes who got Iverson and the lad from Wigan.

He had other loan players lined up for Jan and literally begged AL to give him until January to mount a push.

I felt sorry for Frank, Oldham through and through. He admitted he made mistakes but the owners made it virtually impossible for him.

Archived