Maamria Appointed

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Lukers1 said:

I had a chat with Frank Bunn in Tesco this morning. He absolutely summed the club up and he and Andy Rhodes would have got us up this year. He was buzzing about Sturridge scoring on Friday and it was Andy Rhodes who got Iverson and the lad from Wigan.

He had other loan players lined up for Jan and literally begged AL to give him until January to mount a push.

I felt sorry for Frank, Oldham through and through. He admitted he made mistakes but the owners made it virtually impossible for him.

Frankie was a very good manager for us. I got called a contrarian at the time he was sacked for stating this but what has transpired since shows he did an excellent job given the circumstances. Top bloke, too.

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Frankie was a very good manager for us. I got called a contrarian at the time he was sacked for stating this but what has transpired since shows he did an excellent job given the circumstances. Top bloke, too.

What is Frankie doing now? 

34 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Most fair minded people could see Frankie was doing a half decent job whilst making the odd mistake, a succession of managers after have proved that the blame lies elsewhere. Fuck off Abdallah. 

8 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Hopefully Dino will be the one manager that gets time, he has openly said a couple of times already that there are bad players in this squad..(which blew my mind yesterday when he started Vera, is he one of the better ones)

The passion we all want from him is there but will working for the Lemmys take his drive and ambition away.

January will be the sign of how much control Dino has, there should be plenty of players getting shipped out..

Even if he can ship a few out, it will be very difficult getting players in. Almost al players are contracted to their clubs, so decent players will not be available. The only way we can get better players in is to find experienced loan players out of favour (risky), or pay a fee. It won't be easy.

3 hours ago, al_bro said:

Even if he can ship a few out, it will be very difficult getting players in. Almost al players are contracted to their clubs, so decent players will not be available. The only way we can get better players in is to find experienced loan players out of favour (risky), or pay a fee. It won't be easy.

I think that Barry unwittingly explained the situation quite well at the Forum.All the decent players he mentioned found a polite excuse not to come. None appeared to say you are a joke of a club and I have been advised not to sign. The same thing will happen in January and in the close season. 

Just now, laticsmarra said:

I think that Barry unwittingly explained the situation quite well at the Forum.All the decent players he mentioned found a polite excuse not to come. None appeared to say you are a joke of a club and I have been advised not to sign. The same thing will happen in January and in the close season. 

Just now, laticsmarra said:

Indeed.  If anyone is pinning their hopes on the January transfer window then they're dreaming.

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Dino is (if he makes it to January). 

I must say we seem to have gone backward since Dino took over..His win rate between us and stevenage is 1 in 12.. I do Dino is given time to put his own stamp on the team but this remains to be seen 

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Indeed.  If anyone is pinning their hopes on the January transfer window then they're dreaming.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Wheater gone by the end of the window. Must be wondering what the hell he’s doing knocking about the bottom of the league. 

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see Wheater gone by the end of the window. Must be wondering what the hell he’s doing knocking about the bottom of the league. 

As he joined a club that finished in the bottom half last year he can't be that surprised.

3 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

From what I have seen and particularly  yesterday Wheater is not the player we hoped he would be. The comparison with Clarke is defunct.

Archived