Maamria Appointed

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/13/2019 at 5:34 PM, al_bro said:

Even if he can ship a few out, it will be very difficult getting players in. Almost al players are contracted to their clubs, so decent players will not be available. The only way we can get better players in is to find experienced loan players out of favour (risky), or pay a fee. It won't be easy.

Freudian slip? :D 

7 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I see the Reading Sporting Director is now the first team manager.

Can't happen here...can it

I did ask skybet for odds once but wouldn't quote.  Does anyone know what his football history is?  Has he ever played/coached?

10 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I see the Reading Sporting Director is now the first team manager.

Can't happen here...can it?

If you are referring to Mark Bowen it’s a totally different situation. He’s a former player who played 411 league games. He was also assistant manager at Crystal Palace, caretaker manager at QPR, and was Mark Hughes’ assistant when he was the Wales manager.

ML obviously has no such qualifications.

On 10/14/2019 at 8:02 AM, Dave_Og said:

To be fair it's only accelerated a trend that has been ongoing for quite a bit longer 

Never a recipe for success though. Continuity and stability would be much better. We seem to have 2 or 3 managers per season and virtually a completely new team every season. It’s ridiculous! 😩

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

If you are referring to Mark Bowen it’s a totally different situation. He’s a former player who played 411 league games. He was also assistant manager at Crystal Palace, caretaker manager at QPR, and was Mark Hughes’ assistant when he was the Wales manager.

ML obviously has no such qualifications.

Me, with Mark Bowen....

52BB3CFF-CA1F-428B-9225-4826DE90231D.jpeg

2 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

Me, with Mark Bowen....

52BB3CFF-CA1F-428B-9225-4826DE90231D.jpeg

Andy, what year was that?  I was mascot against Norwich in the early nineties. It was in 91/92 we drew the game 2-2. 

Sorry, that’s bollocks. I wasn’t the mascot at all. I had my picture taken with a Latics and a Norwich player near the sidelines for some charity thing my mum was involved with at the time. Funny what your memory does- still, happy days. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Andy, what year was that?  I was mascot against Norwich in the early nineties. It was in 91/92 we drew the game 2-2. 

Sorry, that’s bollocks. I wasn’t the mascot at all. I had my picture taken with a Latics and a Norwich player near the sidelines for some charity thing my mum was involved with at the time. Funny what your memory does- still, happy days. 

The game above was that very 91/92 game that ended 2-2.

6 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

The game above was that very 91/92 game that ended 2-2.

Nearly stole your thunder, with a completely made up event in my head. But your there, because it actually happened to you. 😂😂

I thought the kits looked familiar. Did Ruel Fox score? I remember thinking he had a cool name. 

45 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Nearly stole your thunder, with a completely made up event in my head. But your there, because it actually happened to you. 😂😂

I thought the kits looked familiar. Did Ruel Fox score? I remember thinking he had a cool name. 

I don't remember who scored their goals..... Marshall and Barrett for us....

Edit, found it: Look at how quickly both teams get the ball forward and use wingers..... f*ck this tippy tappy passy w@nk everyone tries to play nowadays.....

8 hours ago, lookersstandandy said:

I don't remember who scored their goals..... Marshall and Barrett for us....

Edit, found it: Look at how quickly both teams get the ball forward and use wingers..... f*ck this tippy tappy passy w@nk everyone tries to play nowadays.....

An absolute joy. Some goal from Marshy

Maamria's interview today saying he has spoken to the head referee about Saturday's ref. The head ref. said he was wrong to send off Morais and there were mistakes made by the ref. with the last 4 goals. The ref. has previous with Maarmia and if he had known he was going to ref. us sooner, he would have had him changed. He will not referee another Latics game. Maarmia says the ref. was deliberately proving a point against him.  

13 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Maamria's interview today saying he has spoken to the head referee about Saturday's ref. The head ref. said he was wrong to send off Morais and there were mistakes made by the ref. with the last 4 goals. The ref. has previous with Maarmia and if he had known he was going to ref. us sooner, he would have had him changed. He will not referee another Latics game. Maarmia says the ref. was deliberately proving a point against him.  

Paranoia to add to the conspiracy theories 

Archived