Maamria Appointed

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

Stevenage-supporting friend suggests he could be a favourite for BP1960:

Still a favourite in Stevenage. Nice guy. Good coach. Great with fans. Tactically limited. Don't expect tiki taka and wingbacks.

I believe in playing the tactics which succeed whatever division you're in. He could be well suited here. Looking forward to a  Lincoln City land of the giants team for change.

2 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Was Banide just an interim all along?

I had this feeling from the off because of the lack of fanfare when he was announced, the way he didn't even turn up for a week or two. 

You wonder if he owed the Lemmy's a favour.

On the money again Shuck.

I wonder if Mo will let him play two up top to accomodate our only match winning striker....? 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

I had this feeling from the off because of the lack of fanfare when he was announced, the way he didn't even turn up for a week or two. 

You wonder if he owed the Lemmy's a favour.

On the money again Shuck.

I wonder if Mo will let him play two up top to accomodate our only match winning striker....? 

I just find it very very strange Dino was favourite for the job in the summer, then all of a sudden when's he's sacked, we sack Banide and go straight in for him.

It's like we didn't want to pay compensation. 

Plus the fact why would we appoint a manager that's just been sacked in our own league. Something doesn't add up.

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Probably the best interview by a manager in the last couple of years.

"We won't sit on a 2-0 lead, but go for 3 or 4"

Music to my ears.

Two up front? Attacking football? Can we dare to dream? I bloody hope so, because even I'm starting to lose interest and never in my life did I think that could ever happen.

6 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Probably the best interview by a manager in the last couple of years.

"We won't sit on a 2-0 lead, but go for 3 or 4"

Music to my ears.

Indeed. 

More than that he speaks really well. A good communicator is a good communicator in any walk of life. Put it this way I don’t think the players will be left wondering what there jobs are.  Who knows how we’ll get on, but I liked what I watched there. 

** I’ll say this as well. 

On pure results. 

Wellens - deserved to go

Bunn - a bit unlucky 

Scholes - He quit

Wild - He quit.

Banny - 1 win 7. 

The only manager AL has sacked that I’ve thought was harsh was Bunn. 

Good luck Dino. 

** I still want them two fucktards gone. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Indeed. 

More than that he speaks really well. A good communicator is a good communicator in any walk of life. Put it this way I don’t think the players will be left wondering what there jobs are.  Who knows how we’ll get on, but I liked what I watched there. 

On pure results. 

Wellens - deserved to go

Bunn - a bit unlucky 

Scholes - He quit

Wild - He quit.

Banny - 1 win 7. 

Good luck Dino. 

Couldn’t disagree more.

wellens will become a good manager. Wish we kept him.

bunn, wank embarrassing...toss up between him an Penney as the worst mangers in my life time.

scholes, average but we’d be top of the league just off his loan signings.plus mayor and Baxter would be here, albeit Baxter on the bench.

wild, overrated. No lose situation.

banide, no chance but embarrassing mills with 2 minutes a week, letting Wilson/smith anywhere near a football pitch shows he’s clueless. Slowing down the tempo, tactics that give tenth rate oppenents the respect to come and play on our pitch...criminal

We are an absolute shit show of a football club at the minute. However I do actually quite like this appointment. He’s got experience of English football over a number of years, had success last season guiding Stevenage to 1 point outside the playoffs, he can embed the English and French players into the team. He seems to speak well and I like the fact he basically said in his interview that his teams either win or lose, because he won’t sit on a lead. Positive signs from him I think, all depends how much the loony lemmys let him take control I suppose.

7 hours ago, League one forever said:

Indeed. 

On pure results. 

Wellens - deserved to go

Bunn - a bit unlucky 

Scholes - He quit

Wild - He quit.

Banny - 1 win 7. 

Good luck Dino. 

When your chucking out stuff like this the problems normally stem from a common denominator, honestly if we brought in a proven lower league manager like Parkinson or Grayson they'd fail, how anyone can continue to judge any manager we've has over the past couple of years is mind boggling to me, there are bad apples at the club but unfortunately it's the interfering fuckers at the top ably assisted by the arse licking cling ons. 

Please stop making excuses (ex managers) for the way the shitshow is run.

Just watched the freeview interview with DM on t’fishul. He does come over well but time will tell. He mentions staying up until three in the morning watching our recent games. He specifically mentions the Scunthorpe game. I wonder if he will start with the same team as he really hasn’t had time to get to know the squad?

When I see him the old Dexys Midnight Runners song comes to mind: ‘Oh Dino’! 💪

Sat in the garden with my coffee in  the sunshine and there’s a sense of optimism in me. Now some might say that is because of ingrained happy clappyness but this appointment has the feeling of being the right one at this time. 

If Dino was the target in the summer then the Brothers Lemsagam presumably had checked him/talked with him and know exactly what they are getting. And surely even they recognise that there’s a limit to potential for attracting coaches and players if raging instability continues.

A strong character, an attacking philosophy, someone who is personally ambitious, from a similar cultural background but who has worked in English football.,,maybe by luck as much as anything the team (if not the club) can kick on. 

It may be the sunshine, it may be the coffee ( it is Finest Colombian) but there’s a better feeling before I set off over the M62 later. 

There are still massive issues with the club but I want the team to start climbing and this feels possible now. 

10 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Fairly sure that Maamria was assistant manager for Morais for quite a while at Stevenage. It might explain why Morais ended up at BP slightly randomly, if this really was teed up in advance.  

Morais wasn't Stevenage manager? He's only managed Crawley for a few games as caretaker

Archived