Maamria Appointed

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Think he said 4-4-2 with Moauche in a more advanced striking role.

"I made a couple of changes, I brought in a defender and I switched a little bit to a back four and went 4-4-2 today which is a change of shape, but I thought that as a back four they looked better playing from the back."

From the OS

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, oafcmetty said:

"I made a couple of changes, I brought in a defender and I switched a little bit to a back four and went 4-4-2 today which is a change of shape, but I thought that as a back four they looked better playing from the back."

From the OS

Probs meant he changed a little to the back four. 

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Probs meant he changed a little to the back four. 

The change was Hamer at centre back, which worked well.

He brought Mills into play on many occasions, not the same effect on the left side though.

39 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He had a big influence, did you see him talking to individual players and instructing the team to push up higher?

Banide had an effect on improving the close passing game, but not a lot else IMO.

Minimal influence. U can’t have that much of an influence after one session. If all we were short of was a few shouts from the touch line we weren’t far off were we. Let’s not forget this league is absolute toss yet dino’s team were bottom of it. U have to be really really bad to be in that position. I just feel people should be a bit cautious before giving him praise. He’s done nothing yet and will have a very tough job because AL will def interfere. Let’s see what performances are like in a month

3 hours ago, Careca9 said:

Minimal influence. U can’t have that much of an influence after one session. If all we were short of was a few shouts from the touch line we weren’t far off were we. Let’s not forget this league is absolute toss yet dino’s team were bottom of it. U have to be really really bad to be in that position. I just feel people should be a bit cautious before giving him praise. He’s done nothing yet and will have a very tough job because AL will def interfere. Let’s see what performances are like in a month

I thought the game was almost a carbon copy but for 2 big moments...1) last week we had a golden chance for a 3rd but missed it, this week we scored it and 2) the keeper didn’t have a howler at 2-1 

Banide brought Smith on last week like Dino did this week. Wasn’t that we sat back vs Grimsby but just some lost their  legs. It’s fine lines...Desire bags the 3rd vs Grimsby we win. Thankfully Smith did this week. 

It was on in the background but I'm pretty sure I heard him say there won't be any interference from above (I assume he must have been asked a question on it by the reporter)

Edit- the interview I half saw was on Granada reports, done on the training ground

Fair play to him, comes across really well, 1 or 2 clichés thrown in for good measure. I would think he is one of those managers that would irritate the opposition and their supporters. If the Chuckle brothers can leave him alone to do his job he may well bring some fans back. Good luck Dino. 

29 minutes ago, Gaz_Oafc said:

It was on in the background but I'm pretty sure I heard him say there won't be any interference from above (I assume he must have been asked a question on it by the reporter)

Edit- the interview I half saw was on Granada reports, done on the training ground

He didn’t say that really.  He said that he has never been anywhere that there hasn’t been some form of ‘interference’.    It seems to be the mantra in all his pressers today.  Same on Radio Manc. 

Fair play to Roy for his years of service to the club and we need to keep people like that around the club but we also need to move on from him fronting those press conferences...I like the tradition and family feel but we need to go to a new level of credibility. I’d have the new female MD up there showing us to be a more forward thinking club. 

Not sure who Roy was texting for a few mins at the start of the interview ha ha! 

His record this season and the fact that Stevenage fans weren't too unhappy to see the back of him didn't exactly fill me with confidence. Also, still think Banide was harshly treated by our apparently despot owner (unless he couldn't wait to get a plane away). 

That said, I like him. He talks a good game and seems as though, if nothing else, he's got a plan. Too early to make any predictions etc but he comes across as someone who could be good for the club.

1 hour ago, super_blue said:

Fair play to Roy for his years of service to the club and we need to keep people like that around the club but we also need to move on from him fronting those press conferences...I like the tradition and family feel but we need to go to a new level of credibility. I’d have the new female MD up there showing us to be a more forward thinking club. 

Not sure who Roy was texting for a few mins at the start of the interview ha ha! 

Why do we need to move on?

57 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Why do we need to move on?

Because it’s not and never has been his strength? Not saying move him out of the club just move him on from what he isn’t Good at. 

Need to be more professional as a club in my opinion and people that are in front of cameras need to show that. It helps build a strong brand which in turn gives the club a better image, better commercial partnerships and so on. 

I think we could be onto something with Dino. 

1. He’s obviously a very strong, charismatic manager. I think the players will enjoy playing for him.

2. I think of all the managers we’ve had, he’ll get the best out of AL. 

3. He mentions the fans a lot. An we’re suckers for a lot of flattery. 😁

Archived