Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

What, lose? Probably more likely than a win.

if we can get these signings over the line it would give everyone  a massive lift at the club.. but i do agree that Dino has been living on borrowed time recently 

2 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

if we can get these signings over the line it would give everyone  a massive lift at the club.. but i do agree that Dino has been living on borrowed time recently 

New signings/sacking the manager is classic papering over the cracks. Fewer and fewer get fooled every time they do it.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Full marks for originality, dear oh dear 🤢

If they are going to make yet another change then they need to go down the eager young pup route and give them the time and space to put their stamp on it.

We’re you commentating on the Stevenage match last night ? I was actually glad when it went off. 

41 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

May be bollocks but I heard a whisper that they'd sounded out Shez. I assume he told them to get fucked though!

I just can’t see Shez wanting to come back while the Lemmy’s are here. But stranger things happen... pretty much on a daily basis at Latics to be honest.

15 minutes ago, ghostofcecere said:

I just can’t see Shez wanting to come back while the Lemmy’s are here. But stranger things happen... pretty much on a daily basis at Latics to be honest.

out of work,  reputation tarnished with his recent failure at Chesterfield.. i guess he doesnt have clubs climbing over themselves for his services 

1 hour ago, Frankies6 said:

.. Dino has been living on borrowed time recently 

Yes..... let's keep blaming manager after manager for our club plummeting to ever lower depths since the new regime came in.

Relegation, dire football, terrible squad, fans deserting in droves, laughing stock generally and it's all Wellens', Bunn's, Scholes's, Banides' and now Dino's fault (Pete Wild gets a pass).

Laughable - and you know it is.

25 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Yes..... let's keep blaming manager after manager for our club plummeting to ever lower depths since the new regime came in.

Relegation, dire football, terrible squad, fans deserting in droves, laughing stock generally and it's all Wellens', Bunn's, Scholes's, Banides' and now Dino's fault (Pete Wild gets a pass).

I have  stated on more than occasion that i like Dino and i want him to succeed at the club. Absolutely he deserves a transfer window to bring in what he needs to succeed and hopefuly Al and Mo are working hard to bring in 2 good quality forwards.. He has looked under pressure recently and i  think him getting the 2 forwards (which are being spoken of by more than one source) will help breed positivity to him  and the club as a whole.. and yes lets beat Carlisle on saturday ! 

34 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

Totally agree with you, changing the manager often is not the answer. But Dino also isn’t the answer to be long term manager either. 

4 minutes ago, Frankies6 said:

I have  stated on more than occasion that i like Dino and i want him to succeed at the club. Absolutely he deserves a transfer window to bring in what he needs to succeed and hopefuly Al and Mo are working hard to bring in 2 good quality forwards.. He has looked under pressure recently and i  think him getting the 2 forwards (which are being spoken of by more than one source) will help breed positivity to him  and the club as a whole.. and yes lets beat Carlisle on saturday ! 

Carlisle have had a hard fought game against Cardiff tonight, scored 3 but let in 4

Hope we can see em off Saturday and we won't be that far off safety.

6 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

Rowe would be a terrific signing if he can reproduce his form in our division and Palmer could be the hold up player we need. Both, especially Rowe, have decent scoring records but at the rumoured costs involved would represent a massive gamble at what is the strikers graveyard.

It might finally be a real effort from AL to get our supporters onside but in reality just like close season rumours of quality players being targeted seeing is believing and then there is the FFP issue to be taken into account!!

The moment it becomes more beneficial to replace Dino with someone better then I'd be all for it, but barring a disastrous run of form I don't see that being until the end of the season.  This squad has no right to be anywhere near the playoffs and as bad as we've been this season we're 9 points clear of the relegation place, showing that you need to be terrible beyond belief to go down.

Dino's record since being here would keep us up if continued for the rest of the season, even if it's worse it'll probably be enough to keep us up.  Bringing in yet another manager/head coach is an unnecessary gamble for barely any reward.  I'm not blind, there are some worrying signs starting to show that he isn't going to be good enough to take us forward beyond this season, but we currently have time for him to prove us wrong. 

The signings we have made this window seem to be his choice yet none of them have guaranteed contracts for next season which makes absolute sense to me.  He'll have been given a fair crack of the whip by then and we'll be able to make a well-informed decision.

51 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The moment it becomes more beneficial to replace Dino with someone better then I'd be all for it, but barring a disastrous run of form I don't see that being until the end of the season.  This squad has no right to be anywhere near the playoffs and as bad as we've been this season we're 9 points clear of the relegation place, showing that you need to be terrible beyond belief to go down.

Dino's record since being here would keep us up if continued for the rest of the season, even if it's worse it'll probably be enough to keep us up.  Bringing in yet another manager/head coach is an unnecessary gamble for barely any reward.  I'm not blind, there are some worrying signs starting to show that he isn't going to be good enough to take us forward beyond this season, but we currently have time for him to prove us wrong. 

The signings we have made this window seem to be his choice yet none of them have guaranteed contracts for next season which makes absolute sense to me.  He'll have been given a fair crack of the whip by then and we'll be able to make a well-informed decision.

Well said 

Chances of a win against a team that can score goals when we can't.  That is a difficult one!

Might as well sack Dino now rather than wait if that is what they intend.

Offer Shez the right money, probably paid in advance, and he will come but without additions to the squad the struggle will go on.

Archived