Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

The facts are not good and we we know AL doesn't tollerate managers on a bad run. 

We've got 3 points out of our last 18, havn't won in 6 games, scored 3 conceded 11, and not really looked like scoring or winning! 

Odds on he'll be gone by midweek🙄

ive heard that Dino possibly going midweek , as Al spoken to 2 managers about the role and one being Sven Goran Eriksson 🤣🤣... i ve been told the opposite, Dino not going anywhere?? 

8 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

ive heard that Dino possibly going midweek , as Al spoken to 2 managers about the role and one being Sven Goran Eriksson 🤣🤣... i ve been told the opposite, Dino not going anywhere?? 

Sven Goran Eriksson? Sven Goran Fucking Eriksson? Is this a wind up? 😂

1 hour ago, JTM said:

Sven Goran Eriksson? Sven Goran Fucking Eriksson? Is this a wind up? 😂

no.someone has mentioned that Al has been talking to Sven about taking the job at oldham..Ive told him its ludicrous as Dino isnt being sacked...crazy🤣🤣

Sacking managers every 5 minutes is a recipe for disaster.

Every manager from Dino to Pep needs a minimum of 3 transfer windows to build their team. Dino has had 1/2 of a January window.

Losing McCann has cost us these last 5 or 6 games.

14 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

N’Geussan was training with the first team squad so that Dino could take a look at him. He liked what he saw and so he was brought in until the end of the season.

Dieseruvwe scored a couple against Stevenage in the first game of the season when Dino was manager there. He has tracked him since. He was looking for a tall striker and Dieseruvwe was made available by Salford.

Dearnley was available and offered to Dino - he agreed to bring him in.

And as you rightly say, Piergianni (who also played in that first game)and Rowe are both known quantities and it definitely made sense to bring them in.

‘more lies’? I think you’re stretching it a little bit there wouldn’t you say? 

I can't see a coherent strategy again this window, just like the summer. And with Dino reportedly close to the sack, do you believe he's been given full control over recruitment during this window?  

In my opinion the club has lied in the past about who is involved in recruitment and who has final say, and I think they're still lying now about it.  So no, I don't think I'm stretching it a little bit to say that.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

I can't see a coherent strategy again this window, just like the summer. And with Dino reportedly close to the sack, do you believe he's been given full control over recruitment during this window?  

In my opinion the club has lied in the past about who is involved in recruitment and who has final say, and I think they're still lying now about it.  So no, I don't think I'm stretching it a little bit to say that.

Yep. The club were crowing that Rowe was our 5th signing of the window. Him and Piergianni look decent but N'Guessan, Mani and Dearnley just look like more examples of getting more bodies in for the sake of it. 

Why oh why don't they just employ a simpler strategy like, eg, every window improving the team with two or three permanent signings/loans to the end of the season that are better (or should be better) than what they're replacing rather than the 7 or 8 we'll end up with this month 5 or 6 of whom will be nothing but hopeful punts?

11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Yep. The club were crowing that Rowe was our 5th signing of the window. Him and Piergianni look decent but N'Guessan, Mani and Dearnley just look like more examples of getting more bodies in for the sake of it. 

Why oh why don't they just employ a simpler strategy like, eg, every window improving the team with two or three permanent signings/loans to the end of the season that are better (or should be better) than what they're replacing rather than the 7 or 8 we'll end up with this month 5 or 6 of whom will be nothing but hopeful punts?

Because that makes to much sense 

1 hour ago, hinchy said:

Every manager from Dino to Pep needs a minimum of 3 transfer windows to build their team

I really don't get this. This league is garbage on the whole, we have passable players in most positions. He's under performing significantly, even with the limitations from above. 

1 minute ago, josh_latics said:

I really don't get this. This league is garbage on the whole, we have passable players in most positions. He's under performing significantly, even with the limitations from above. 

Agreed the league is garbage. Passable players will get you mid-table that's roughly were we are at.

Realistically you aren't going to bring in more than 5 players per window (2 or 3 of which will be regular starters) on average.

A team of 18 (11+7subs) to be replaced completely will take 3 windows give or take.

You may well be right but for me judging the guy before we have seen what he can do with 'his' players is unfair

10 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

On one hand AL is trying to tell us that we have the 2nd most valuable squad in the league.  But then we have Dino trying to condition us into thinking that we have a terrible squad that isn't capable of winning a game against the top 7.  He's also said that he wants to build his promotion challenging squad for next season starting now, but brings in back up players on loan.  It's a farce.  The club is rudderless.

6 minutes ago, Clifford said:

Get Warnock back for 18 months, we would be league 1 by the end of his contract.

It's a very good shout but I don't think at his time of life, he'd cope very well with all the shenanigans of this place

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

On one hand AL is trying to tell us that we have the 2nd most valuable squad in the league.  But then we have Dino trying to condition us into thinking that we have a terrible squad that isn't capable of winning a game against the top 7.  He's also said that he wants to build his promotion challenging squad for next season starting now, but brings in back up players on loan.  It's a farce.  The club is rudderless.

Dino wants to have an excuse for himself underperforming so is telling us it’s a poor squad...It’s not a great squad we know that but its better than the last lot of performances would suggest in my opinion. He is clueless, his tactics are baffling, negative and the players don’t wanna play for him. Not sure what happens on the training pitch for him to feel he needs to shout where players should go positionally throughout a game of football! 

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

2 hours ago, super_blue said:

Dino wants to have an excuse for himself underperforming so is telling us it’s a poor squad...It’s not a great squad we know that but its better than the last lot of performances would suggest in my opinion. He is clueless, his tactics are baffling, negative and the players don’t wanna play for him. Not sure what happens on the training pitch for him to feel he needs to shout where players should go positionally throughout a game of football! 

Yep.

The keepers are OK although, if there's better available, it wouldn't do any harm to upgrade.

Hamer is OK but has gone backwards under Dino.

Could a better manager get more out of Wheater? I think so.

Stott was OK when he was in. 

Piergianni looks like he needs little managing, seems as genuine as they come and looks a solid player for this level.

Mills is ok and can cover both fullback positions but we're crying out for a proper left back. 

McCann, Jones, Missilou, Sylla, Mills again are all fine for a League Two midfield.

Morais improved us but clearly Dino couldn't manage him, probably didn't have the wit to tap into his experience either. 

Smith is better than this level.

Nepo & Branger both offer something if used well.

As did Eagles - see Morais...

Wilson has been used terribly. Nobody can say for sure but I reckon he'd be good for a solid 10 or 12 goals + over a season.

He'd certainly get more than Azankpo. 

There are several variations of an 11 there with a mix of experience & potential that a better manager could surely have had higher up the table than Big Arms has us.....

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Is there an obvious replacement out there?

I'd say there are plenty of decent replacements out there.  It would just depend if we were offering a salary, playing budget and working conditions that would be of interest to them.

12 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Yep.

The keepers are OK although, if there's better available, it wouldn't do any harm to upgrade.

Hamer is OK but has gone backwards under Dino.

Could a better manager get more out of Wheater? I think so.

Stott was OK when he was in. 

Piergianni looks like he needs little managing, seems as genuine as they come and looks a solid player for this level.

Mills is ok and can cover both fullback positions but we're crying out for a proper left back. 

McCann, Jones, Missilou, Sylla, Mills again are all fine for a League Two midfield.

Morais improved us but clearly Dino couldn't manage him, probably didn't have the wit to tap into his experience either. 

Smith is better than this level.

Nepo & Branger both offer something if used well.

As did Eagles - see Morais...

Wilson has been used terribly. Nobody can't say for sure but I reckon he'd be good for a solid 10 or 12 goals + over a season.

He'd certainly get more than Azankpo. 

There are several variations of an 11 there with a mix of experience & potential that a better manager could surely have had higher up the table than Big Arms has us.....

A really good post, I'm concerned about yet another change of manager because I don't think any manager has really had the opportunity to succeed or fail since we fell in League Two and I'm not sure any manager will succeed with our current owners in charge.  But when you break it down like that it doesn't paint Dino in a good light.

11 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Is there an obvious replacement out there?

Sheridan in even semi-normal circumstances would know what to do with us, but there's no way that he should (or will) come back with the Lemsagams in charge.

Other than that, there isn't enough joined up thinking from our owners to say that any head coach would fit into whatever the hell the club is trying to do.  It's such a poisoned chalice.

Archived