Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Dino has been shit tactically imo until the last two games and I was not happy with the negative and boring to watch football. 

Still sceptical about who really is control of the team. I mean the multiple managers we’ve had since the Lemsegams took over seem to have been “shit tactically”..

Hopefully the last two results are a sign, finally, that lessons have been learnt all over the place and our improvement continues..

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Dino has been shit tactically imo until the last two games and I was not happy with the negative and boring to watch football. 

last two games we have been a joy to watch and I am excited to watch us play, am I a sheep ? 

The change has come because the players brought in have suddenly gelled, less goals being let in and more scored,

We're in dream land 

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

last two games we have been a joy to watch and I am excited to watch us play, am I a sheep ? 

The first bit was an "agenda" and you must not deviate from it you fickle fucker.

You've been on here long enough to know that surely... 

3 hours ago, wiseowl said:

As a frustrated observer from the sidelines nowadays, I suspect the acid test is this weekend. By all accounts, the Bradford camp was a very unhappy one and it may have been a somewhat freak result because their players were "making a statement". Ridiculous, I know, but it happens. A win at Crewe would be a very good result in our current circumstances and that might be the very first genuine tiny green shoots of spring, after a proverbial long, dismal Latics' winter.

I also have to say I have a constant smirk on my face over the "instant reactionist" world we now live in. Many of those who were basically saying "big arms couldn't manage the proverbial piss up in a brewery" are now lauding him. Quite unbelievable but we live in a world where so many people seem unable to assess things and make up their own minds. They are like human sheep and simply follow anything that anyone else says almost without question.

Bradford weren't making a statement, neither were Mansfield, yes they were poor but we made them look poor by playing as we should, attacking the ball then getting it forward quickly, they had no time to get their game together because we didn't let them.

Credit where credit is due, I am very unhappy with whats been occurring on and off the pitch but the last two games we have played excellent with the right players and the right formation.  Its only two games and I'm certainly not converted to loving the manager or the owners, but for the first time in an age we seemed to have a balanced 11 who know their job and fought for the wins.  we have only been playing with the new arrivals too for a couple of weeks which has coincided with the upturn in results.

Saturday will be a test but if the same lot turn up as last week we should come away with something.

4 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Many of those who were basically saying "big arms couldn't manage the proverbial piss up in a brewery" are now lauding him. 

I'm not. 

I'd still happily get rid this afternoon. 

Mansfield didn't turn up, neither did Bradford.

The two goals Bradford gifted us were like tributes to the David Wheater of yestermonth. 

That said you can only beat what's in front of you and we did. And did well.

And we played way better and I was actually entertained for the first times in a long time. 

Whether Big Arms has fluked us into a run of form or managed us into a run of form either is fine by me.

If it's the former and his luck holds that's fine by me too.

I'm the king of getting carried away and I won't begrudge anyone else doing so even if I'm not joining in yet.   

27 minutes ago, OLDHAMADE said:

The change has come because the players brought in have suddenly gelled, less goals being let in and more scored,

We're in dream land 

It’s not purely because they’ve gelled. They are better players than we had before. The 4 players brought in in the transfer window - Rowe, Dearnley, Piergianni and Borthwick-Jackson have all improved the team, so the recruitment (whoever is in charge of it) should be applauded. Plus McCann and Smith staying till the end of the season are big pluses also.

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

It’s not purely because they’ve gelled. They are better players than we had before. The 4 players brought in in the transfer window - Rowe, Dearnley, Piergianni and Borthwick-Jackson have all improved the team, so the recruitment (whoever is in charge of it) should be applauded. Plus McCann and Smith staying till the end of the season are big pluses also.

Can't argue with any of that 👍

13 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Downvote.

I never talk about my football history, but sometimes I have to bite the bullet! U know the players I played with before injury! And still supported oldham. Injury is cruel, your aceo career as a child on the bench doesnt really count. U almost pulled me in, but ain't going to happen!!! Wrote some more but stopped!

7 hours ago, latics22 said:

I never talk about my football history, but sometimes I have to bite the bullet! U know the players I played with before injury! And still supported oldham. Injury is cruel, your aceo career as a child on the bench doesnt really count. U almost pulled me in, but ain't going to happen!!! Wrote some more but stopped!

That's my weekend ruined. 

16 hours ago, League one forever said:

Sorry if it’s been mentioned elsewhere, but the fishul says big arms met fans in the week. I missed this, did anyone go? An if so how was it? 

I went - it was him and the assistant manger. 

Everything said wasn’t on Twitter. 

Dino is very charismatic and he definitely has a presence.  Some people seemed to get taken in by this. 

As with all his interviews he contradicts himself at times. He says he signs the players. But then admits he didn’t sign Rowe. 

Talked about local players, for example why does he need to get a left back from Plymouth with the costs that come with it. Well connected in non-league and will potentially look to take advantage of that with the best local players from that level. 

There were no questions off limits, although it descended into people offering opinions about certain players and the way in which we should be playing at times. 

As such, there wasn’t really anything revolutionary that came out of it or that isn’t really already known. Probably why it isn’t all over Twitter as there isn’t really much to say. 

It was good though overall and he says he wants to do more. He talked about momentum and positivity and how this is important in football. I did point out to him (as did another guy in particular) that I felt it starts on the pitch but that also everything off the pitch needs to get sorted too to move forward. All that seemed a bit over his head to be honest and I don’t think he really understands the history or issues. But then I guess should he? He’s a football manager, not a Director, so maybe expecting him to is unrealistic. 

Natalie Atkinson, Mikey, Dean Pickering and Sue Bowskill all also present, but they sat on a table and listened rather than contributed. NA did mention the fact the academy has just maintained its status. There was a suggestion it had been in a mess and that Paul Murray has had a lot of work to do to fix it. 

1 hour ago, Theoutsider said:

Dino is very charismatic and he definitely has a presence.  Some people seemed to get taken in by this. 

As with all his interviews he contradicts himself at times. He says he signs the players. But then admits he didn’t sign Rowe. 

Talked about local players, for example why does he need to get a left back from Plymouth with the costs that come with it. Well connected in non-league and will potentially look to take advantage of that with the best local players from that level. 

There were no questions off limits, although it descended into people offering opinions about certain players and the way in which we should be playing at times. 

As such, there wasn’t really anything revolutionary that came out of it or that isn’t really already known. Probably why it isn’t all over Twitter as there isn’t really much to say. 

It was good though overall and he says he wants to do more. He talked about momentum and positivity and how this is important in football. I did point out to him (as did another guy in particular) that I felt it starts on the pitch but that also everything off the pitch needs to get sorted too to move forward. All that seemed a bit over his head to be honest and I don’t think he really understands the history or issues. But then I guess should he? He’s a football manager, not a Director, so maybe expecting him to is unrealistic. 

Natalie Atkinson, Mikey, Dean Pickering and Sue Bowskill all also present, but they sat on a table and listened rather than contributed. NA did mention the fact the academy has just maintained its status. There was a suggestion it had been in a mess and that Paul Murray has had a lot of work to do to fix it. 

Thanks. Appreciate the write up. 

He does contradict himself, but then all managers do to an extent. His charm is as fickle as our results. . . Did anyone ask what he put the last two results And performances down to? Is it just better players, a change of tactics?

I can’t get my head around wether this is the side snd style Dino always wanted to mould- (it’s his first transfer window don’t forget) and he just didn’t have the players. Or

AL has said you can have these lot, but the style has got to change. 

2 hours ago, Theoutsider said:

Thanks 👍🏻.

48 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Thanks. Appreciate the write up. 

He does contradict himself, but then all managers do to an extent. His charm is as fickle as our results. . . Did anyone ask what he put the last two results And performances down to? Is it just better players, a change of tactics?

I can’t get my head around wether this is the side snd style Dino always wanted to mould- (it’s his first transfer window don’t forget) and he just didn’t have the players. Or

AL has said you can have these lot, but the style has got to change. 

The upturn in form was put down to new/better players being brought in. 

He talked about the spine of the team and fact he previously thought it was weak. 

He was asked about everyone back at corners and basically said he’s always learning and decided that was what he wanted to do. 

Never played 1 up front previously, he likes two strikers pressing from the front, but that the squad previously cried out for 4-5-1

17 minutes ago, Theoutsider said:

Never played 1 up front previously, he likes two strikers pressing from the front, but that the squad previously cried out for 4-5-1

I don't really get that.  Sylla and Missilou have always been here, so could have been played in a midfield 2.  Smith has always been here.  We've had Morais instead of Nepo, but he's a winger so is hardly a massive change.  The only difference is Rowe and Dearnley coming in really.  Wilson has done well in this league as part of a pair, but he was never given that chance in the first half of the season.  Given the results and performances were generally bad, it's strange he never gave his supposed preferred formation a try with 2 of Azankpo/Wilson/Vera/Emmerson/Maouche.

Unless he means that before Piergianni the defence was too shaky for Sylla/Missilou to play as a 2?  Doesn't quite stack up for me.  Although, obviously its a positive the change was made.

Archived