Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know. Fills me with glee knowing Barry Shitpeas is at the club, slamming his pudgy fat fist on the table like he's some kind of Tesco Value Tony Soprano, demanding that the DMaarms account is taken

The moment it becomes more beneficial to replace Dino with someone better then I'd be all for it, but barring a disastrous run of form I don't see that being until the end of the season.  This squad h

This is probably the wrong thread, but it sort of follows a theme.   I've not been around for  while (Mrs B in hospital etc), but the level of panic buying has been selfish in the extreme. Y

In what way, Flem? same team, same set up just didn’t play as well as previous 2 games and we’re away against a better side. We tired and wasted time but don’t most away sides do that?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

In what way, Flem? same team, same set up just didn’t play as well as previous 2 games and we’re away against a better side. We tired and wasted time but don’t most away sides do that?

 

Tired, just had a week off.

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

In what way, Flem? same team, same set up just didn’t play as well as previous 2 games and we’re away against a better side. We tired and wasted time but don’t most away sides do that?

Wasn’t the same side though was it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

In what way, Flem? same team, same set up just didn’t play as well as previous 2 games and we’re away against a better side. We tired and wasted time but don’t most away sides do that?

No most away teams don’t get tired and waste time,

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

In what way, Flem? same team, same set up just didn’t play as well as previous 2 games and we’re away against a better side. We tired and wasted time but don’t most away sides do that?

And wasnt the same set up in the second half. 4-5-1 switching to 9-1-0

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chris15Arm said:

And wasnt the same set up in the second half. 4-5-1 switching to 9-1-0

And that's the problem. He doesn't learn. I've watched us enough this season to see that we're poor defensively, whether that's through mistakes or just a lack of quality. We very rarely keep clean sheets. First half we weren't brilliant but we had an attacking threat and kept them pretty quiet. 2nd half we got the goal and then immediately dropped back. Why? It was inevitable what was going to happen after that. You can't spend half a game sat back allowing the opposition to keep coming at you with no outlet. Yet he did nothing to change it. We used 1 sub (not counting the last 1).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Chatting to a Crewe supporter after the game he said that they are doing well because they keep on going right to the end wearing down the opposition.  You would have thought Dino would know this.  If he decided just to hold on to 1 0 why didn't he make the tactical changes needed to do so?

 

He could have taken any one of Nepo, Mouche or Missile off as they don't have the desire to track back.  You can't hold on when only eight are doing the holding.  Did he not see what was going on or is he not allowed to see how poor these three are at defending?

Edited by Hands on
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

We are not good enough to sit back and invite pressure, it really is that simple..

The sted head wont be with us next season with a bit of luck, im all for giving managers a chance but he doesnt have a clue and im sure he doesnt believe half the shit he speaks himself..

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Hands on said:

Chatting to a Crewe supporter after the game he said that they are doing well because they keep on going right to the end wearing down the opposition.  You would have thought Dino would know this.  If he decided just to hold on to 1 0 why didn't he make the tactical changes needed to do so?

 

He could have taken any one of Nepo, Mouche or Missile off as they don't have the desire to track back.  You can't hold on when only eight are doing the holding.  Did he not see what was going on or is he not allowed to see how poor these three are at defending?

The defending wasn't that bad. The problem was every ball we won was eventually hoofed away only to come back again.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The defence has improved since Borthwick and Piergianni arrived.  The problem is being savvy enough to slow play down straight after we score and maintain possession when the opposition come out fighting. To do what ever we need to do to take the sting out of things.

 

Also, if we stay busy with the ball and keep pressing, its for the opposition to worry about us, not the other way round where we are hanging on for dear life. Not a lot the opposing side can do without the ball...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, True Tic said:

The defence has improved since Borthwick and Piergianni arrived.  The problem is being savvy enough to slow play down straight after we score and maintain possession when the opposition come out fighting. To do what ever we need to do to take the sting out of things.

 

Also, if we stay busy with the ball and keep pressing, its for the opposition to worry about us, not the other way round where we are hanging on for dear life. Not a lot the opposing side can do without the ball...

Good luck holding onto the ball when your midfield consists of Maouche, Missilou and Sylla.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, deyres42 said:

Good luck holding onto the ball when your midfield consists of Maouche, Missilou and Sylla.

Yep, but its something which needs to be learned if we are to get anywhere.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, True Tic said:

Yep, but its something which needs to be learned if we are to get anywhere.

 

48 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Good luck holding onto the ball when your midfield consists of Maouche, Missilou and Sylla.

It might  be easier to get somebody who can  do it already rather  awaiting an epiphany of said skill with those 3 wise men

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Good luck holding onto the ball when your midfield consists of Maouche, Missilou and Sylla.

We shouldn't be so reliant on one player, but, reinstall Chris McCann in midfield and we are a very different outfit i.e. can keep possession and thread intelligent passes

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The issue isn't that those 3 can't keep hold of the ball. all 3 can. It's when it's hoofed past them into the air we lose it most

 

We have a winner. 

 

Mills can sometimes pick out a blue shirt, but is a bit erratic. 

 

The other three?

 

Aimless punts, particularly later in the game. They gift possession straight back to the opposition 90% of the time they get the ball. 

 

No time for the other players to move out so we end up with nine behind the ball, like yesterday. 

 

It's fine to protect a one goal lead in the last five minutes. We can't do it for forty minutes, or to chase the game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Hands on said:

He could have taken any one of Nepo, Mouche or Missile off as they don't have the desire to track back.  You can't hold on when only eight are doing the holding.  Did he not see what was going on or is he not allowed to see how poor these three are at defending?

 

Maouche was playing up front. Do you really want ten players "holding", or should Hamer and Wheater at least have one or two players to aimlessly punt the ball at?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Has he gone yet??

 

I said before the game it was a test of his tactics.  First half we matched up well to them, Second half we had no chance regardless of tactics due to the red card.

 

There will be matches where Dino should take the blame.  Tonight wasn't one though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

 

I said before the game it was a test of his tactics.  First half we matched up well to them, Second half we had no chance regardless of tactics due to the red card.

 

There will be matches where Dino should take the blame.  Tonight wasn't one though.

Ive just seen the goals and he continues to put that useless shit in the net, who is to blame for 4 of their goals...Definitely his fault..

Dino will come out and obviously say we were the better team until the sending off but you cannot condone what Zeus is doing and continue to pick him..
 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Teams often struggle against 10 men but against our lot it becomes a piece of piss!!

This team appears fucking powderpuff and clueless but whether it be application or attitude for me the buck stops firmly at Dino’s door. He must rank as one of the worst coaches we’ve ever had....Branger FFS!!!!

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

 

I said before the game it was a test of his tactics.  First half we matched up well to them, Second half we had no chance regardless of tactics due to the red card.

 

There will be matches where Dino should take the blame.  Tonight wasn't one though.

But surely we become compact when down to 10 and frustrate them? Don't capitulate! We had too many who simply downed tools last night.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

But surely we become compact when down to 10 and frustrate them? Don't capitulate! We had too many who simply downed tools last night.

 

For me it wasn't downing tools or a lack of effort from our outfield players.  We chased them down as they were moving the ball about well in the 2nd half with the extra man.  They can't be responsible for bad goalkeeping errors.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Matt changed the title to Official COVID-19 thread.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...