Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Not the right environment to be playing such a young goalkeeper IMO. There might be no other option though.

Nowt to loose I think he’s only 18/19 could be a gem in the making. The current keeper shouldn’t grace that pitch again absolutely brutal. 

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, welshgaz said:

This has been a theme all season. Wheater should be the first in there as captain. He isn't a leader at all.

Smith is the only exception, I’d say. Our Player of the Season (if we’re having one this year...) by some distance, who seems to have the right attitude and the right energy - obviously character traits he’s picked up at a much more professionally run club than ours.

Hope he learns from his time here, then goes and has a brilliant career elsewhere, because we’re not currently in a position as a club to nurture his talent.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I would take 5 more years of the Lemsagam regime if it meant we sacked this guy today...

35 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I'd take the opposite.

I would go with Lee sinnott on this one. Dino could have the best team in the league, but with his tactics, and with his spudidness if that's a word, he would still fail

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I would take 5 more years of the Lemsagam regime if it meant we sacked this guy today...

Pointless. They’d just bring in another puppet.

I don’t hold Dino in particularly high regard, but it’s the Lemsagams that are the problem, not the manager...

12 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd rather it was just the Lemsagams.

It is, really.

Get half-decent owners and they’ll get rid of the manager if he’s genuinely shite and appoint someone decent.

At the moment, it’s s irrelevant who the manager is because of the owners - we could appoint a good manager now, but he would still be probably be rubbish because of the extra, mostly unnecessary, obstacles these owners have created..

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Only if they continue to be as bad as the current one...

True but the trigger gets pulled too quickly. We seem to be in a routine of giving any manager only a short amount of time and when they hit a bad run they’re gone. 

2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

True but the trigger gets pulled too quickly. We seem to be in a routine of giving any manager only a short amount of time and when they hit a bad run they’re gone. 

True Gary, but the point is that this manager is the wrong one to stick with and give time.  He is one of the worst coaches for a while. And he has no clue about man management. His tactical knowledge and decision making is also lacking as plenty of others on here have written about.

5 hours ago, JoeP said:

It is, really.

Get half-decent owners and they’ll get rid of the manager if he’s genuinely shite and appoint someone decent.

At the moment, it’s s irrelevant who the manager is because of the owners - we could appoint a good manager now, but he would still be probably be rubbish because of the extra, mostly unnecessary, obstacles these owners have created..

It is sadly now people are deluding themselves that things such as sacking the manager or leaving 2 up at corners will solve all the problems.

We now have a situation where people are clamouring for a young goalkeeper who hasn't made a first team appearance and who most haven't seen play is now the new Gordon Bsnks on the back of the current goalkeeper being not very good.

The cliches are almost hilarious. 

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It is sadly now people are deluding themselves that things such as sacking the manager or leaving 2 up at corners will solve all the problems.

We now have a situation where people are clamouring for a young goalkeeper who hasn't made a first team appearance and who most haven't seen play is now the new Gordon Bsnks on the back of the current goalkeeper being not very good.

What the hell is going on??? 😞

If it were a dog they'd...............hang on ☹️

7 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Don't think anyone has actually said that. People have said it's worth chucking him in because he can't do any worse than Zeus has this week (or at home to Salford, or away at Cheltenham, or at home to Scunthorpe), and it's hard to argue...

3 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Don't think anyone has actually said that. People have said it's worth chucking him in because he can't do any worse than Zeus has this week (or at home to Salford, or away at Cheltenham, or at home to Scunthorpe), and it's hard to argue...

It's good to have you back Lee.

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

The young keeper has to start somewhere and we have bugger all to lose the way things are. Zeus is feckin shit as they come needs dropped ASAP. The constant mistakes he makes you wouldn’t see in the    junior leagues. And don’t get me started on his time wasting and faking injuries. 

16 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Ofcourse they didn't literally but Ive heard that kind of thing said before

"he can't be any worse than...

"if you're good enough you're old enough"

Completely. meaningless rubbish. Ike the people who were saying after the home win against Morecambe were telling us how "Dino won't take any messing'

Im looking forward to the next manager getting appointed and how he will "come across well in his first interview"

Maybe I've been reading this board for too long. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

The thought of going into summer with the man that built the current Stevenage team is scary. 

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

What about the one who built the team that finished 10th just a few short months previously?

59 goals for, top scorer got 11 - can't fucking wait.....

Archived