Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Do you consider him a good manager Ricky? 

Haven't got a strong opinion either way really. I do think this 'he bulit the team that took Stevenage to bottom of the league' stuff that folk love to come out with rather falls apart if you take 5 minutes to see the reasons why they might have regressed.

Up until now I think that Dino's done what he needed to do in getting us comfortably away from the relegation spot.  His record of W7 D10 L9 is below average, but as proven by the 16 point gap you need to be waaay below average in this league to be near relegation.

Now that he has a squad which I view as reasonable at this level, the rest of the season needs to be used to prove he can take us forward.  Worryingly for him, up until this point he's looked quite limited in a few areas.  We've got quite a balanced 11 games remaining, a fair crack of the whip to show that he's the above average manager we need for next season.  If he carries on as he's done so far I wouldn't shed a tear if we replaced him.

Just listened to his post match review....Two good teams out there he said... probably because this is the level he’s mainly played at!

He comes out with the same bollocks every week, he just makes it up as he’s going along.

Not a fan of him at all!!!

On 2/21/2020 at 3:59 PM, deyres42 said:

Stevenage haven't got any better since he left, might suggest he wasn't necessarily the problem...

On 2/21/2020 at 4:08 PM, deyres42 said:

Haven't got a strong opinion either way really. I do think this 'he bulit the team that took Stevenage to bottom of the league' stuff that folk love to come out with rather falls apart if you take 5 minutes to see the reasons why they might have regressed.

On 2/21/2020 at 4:26 PM, deyres42 said:

Maybe, maybe not.

Bored again Eyrsey? 😂

6 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l like Deano. I'm backing the big armed, cliche ridden fucker. Any twat that's stuck between our fans and our ownership and seems to want to be there so much deserves better respeck. Go on Deano lad get in.

I get what you are saying, but I would rather have a manager who knows how to manage rather than Henry Kissinger. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived