Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

The two are symbiotic

To an extent. 

But, plenty of clubs are hire and fire. Yet don’t struggle like we do. The squads under AL are vastly bloated with players who never play, and the ‘first 11’ is woeful. The only time it wasn’t was under wellens. Signing the likes of Doyle is a dream land now. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Have we heard of him?

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

To an extent. 

But, plenty of clubs are hire and fire. Yet don’t struggle like we do. The squads under AL are vastly bloated with players who never play, and the ‘first 11’ is woeful. The only time it wasn’t was under wellens. Signing the likes of Doyle is a dream land now. 

Shez signing ...

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

To an extent. 

Do they though? Not being funny, it’s a genuine question as I don’t pay much attention elsewhere. Just can’t imagine changing managers regularly, and therefore tactics/favoured players etc, would work that often. 

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Do they though? Not being funny, it’s a genuine question as I don’t pay much attention elsewhere. Just can’t imagine changing managers regularly, and therefore tactics/favoured players etc, would work that often. 

No. I agree. 

I’m not advocating firing managers, I’m just saying that the chronic shambles of our recruitment is a far bigger issue than being trigger happy IMO. 

Lots of managers when asked what’s the key to management will say- good players. 

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No. I agree. 

I’m not advocating firing managers, I’m just saying that the chronic shambles of our recruitment is a far bigger issue than being trigger happy IMO. 

Lots of managers when asked what’s the key to management will say- good players. 

Yep. There’s a total lack of strategy, recruitment is all over the place done by several people. We’re only heading in one direction until that changes. 

If any of you attend a home game this season, your simply adding to the problem. Grow up and find something else to do. I’m often astounded by the inability of football fans to see the wider picture, your club is dead, you will win nothing.. ever! , walk away, and your owner will be forced to sell. Or you will go bankrupt, either way you all get start again. The situation is very complex, a myriad of competing interests that in truth will never be resolved amicably. Too much pride and money involved, the vast majority of which has nothing to do with the football club, rather the value of the land it sits on. The club is dying, let it go, like an old dog, it’s had it’s day. Today’s decision should tell you all who is in charge, and it will never be the manager appointed, whether he be Paul Scholes or Darren Kelley. It matters not , walk away ... all of you. There will be a time when we meet again ( not my quote) but it isn’t now. 

50 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Former player lined up to take over I read somewhere..who knows the truth though! Madness the lot of it! 

Robbie Simpson has cut his management teeth. They've probably seen his goal at Annfield. 

Isn't our lunatic Chairman still out of the country? Is this another sacking by text message? 

What a bloody circus. Supporting Mangotsfield United is becoming quite an appealing option.

For God's sake, Abdallah, just sell the club for whatever you can get for it and piss off. And take your brother with you.

12 minutes ago, Oscar the Cat said:

If any of you attend a home game this season, your simply adding to the problem. Grow up and find something else to do. I’m often astounded by the inability of football fans to see the wider picture, your club is dead, you will win nothing.. ever! , walk away, and your owner will be forced to sell. Or you will go bankrupt, either way you all get start again. The situation is very complex, a myriad of competing interests that in truth will never be resolved amicably. Too much pride and money involved, the vast majority of which has nothing to do with the football club, rather the value of the land it sits on. The club is dying, let it go, like an old dog, it’s had it’s day. Today’s decision should tell you all who is in charge, and it will never be the manager appointed, whether he be Paul Scholes or Darren Kelley. It matters not , walk away ... all of you. There will be a time when we meet again ( not my quote) but it isn’t now. 

Your club is dead? Really? That's a bit weird. 

You're astounded? That's very arrogant. People still love our club.

Don't support them, bankrupt them. We start again, with the same old shit? 

I don't know what 'to much pride' means. How is that possible?

Too much money? Really ?

'It's had it's day.' Fuck off. You're not a fan. You're a dickhead.

Yes, the owner is always in charge. That's a very strange thing to say. Are you on drugs?

We'll meet again? Are you the ghost of Vera Lynn?

What a pile of pretentious shit. I hope you're under the age of 21.

6 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Isn't our lunatic Chairman still out of the country? Is this another sacking by text message? 

What a bloody circus. Supporting Mangotsfield United is becoming quite an appealing option.

For God's sake, Abdallah, just sell the club for whatever you can get for it and piss off. And take your brother with you.

No one can argue with common sense.

31 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Good news really. He could have been sacked about 7 times last season for absolutely dog shit performances. The timing, whilst not ideal, makes sense as the club have had him on furlough till today so haven't been paying him a penny...

Which explains why he wasn’t allowed any of ‘his’ signings. If that premise even exists anymore. 

Archived