• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know. Fills me with glee knowing Barry Shitpeas is at the club, slamming his pudgy fat fist on the table like he's some kind of Tesco Value Tony Soprano, demanding that the DMaarms account is taken

The moment it becomes more beneficial to replace Dino with someone better then I'd be all for it, but barring a disastrous run of form I don't see that being until the end of the season.  This squad h

This is probably the wrong thread, but it sort of follows a theme.   I've not been around for  while (Mrs B in hospital etc), but the level of panic buying has been selfish in the extreme. Y

2 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Former player lined up to take over I read somewhere..who knows the truth though! Madness the lot of it! 

Gerrard, Byrne or Davies?

• Like 1

Manager merry go round: not good

Maamria as manager: also not good

DM is to tactics what ML is to scouting. He's really no great loss.  

His successor is on a hiding to nothing, but I doubt we'd get anyone worse unless Darren Kelly came back.

8 minutes ago, League one forever said:

I don’t think the manager turnover is massive deal tbh. The recruitment of utter shite footballers is. 

The two are symbiotic

11 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Former player lined up to take over I read somewhere..who knows the truth though! Madness the lot of it! 

Paul Murray ? 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

The two are symbiotic

To an extent. 

But, plenty of clubs are hire and fire. Yet don’t struggle like we do. The squads under AL are vastly bloated with players who never play, and the ‘first 11’ is woeful. The only time it wasn’t was under wellens. Signing the likes of Doyle is a dream land now. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Have we heard of him?

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

To an extent. 

But, plenty of clubs are hire and fire. Yet don’t struggle like we do. The squads under AL are vastly bloated with players who never play, and the ‘first 11’ is woeful. The only time it wasn’t was under wellens. Signing the likes of Doyle is a dream land now. 

Shez signing ...

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

To an extent. 

But, plenty of clubs are hire and fire

I think we're top of that table. Hurrah. 

4 minutes ago, League one forever said:

To an extent. 

Do they though? Not being funny, it’s a genuine question as I don’t pay much attention elsewhere. Just can’t imagine changing managers regularly, and therefore tactics/favoured players etc, would work that often. 

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Have we heard of him?

I think we are about to find out what Giles Coke has been doing in his spare time for the last two years...

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Do they though? Not being funny, it’s a genuine question as I don’t pay much attention elsewhere. Just can’t imagine changing managers regularly, and therefore tactics/favoured players etc, would work that often. 

No. I agree. 

I’m not advocating firing managers, I’m just saying that the chronic shambles of our recruitment is a far bigger issue than being trigger happy IMO. 

Lots of managers when asked what’s the key to management will say- good players. 

Good news really. He could have been sacked about 7 times last season for absolutely dog shit performances. The timing, whilst not ideal, makes sense as the club have had him on furlough till today so haven't been paying him a penny...

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Just give it to Mo. Save a wage in the process. 

Would have much more respect if they just did this instead of lying to us with every manager we have...

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

No. I agree. 

I’m not advocating firing managers, I’m just saying that the chronic shambles of our recruitment is a far bigger issue than being trigger happy IMO. 

Lots of managers when asked what’s the key to management will say- good players. 

Yep. There’s a total lack of strategy, recruitment is all over the place done by several people. We’re only heading in one direction until that changes. 

If any of you attend a home game this season, your simply adding to the problem. Grow up and find something else to do. I’m often astounded by the inability of football fans to see the wider picture, your club is dead, you will win nothing.. ever! , walk away, and your owner will be forced to sell. Or you will go bankrupt, either way you all get start again. The situation is very complex, a myriad of competing interests that in truth will never be resolved amicably. Too much pride and money involved, the vast majority of which has nothing to do with the football club, rather the value of the land it sits on. The club is dying, let it go, like an old dog, it’s had it’s day. Today’s decision should tell you all who is in charge, and it will never be the manager appointed, whether he be Paul Scholes or Darren Kelley. It matters not , walk away ... all of you. There will be a time when we meet again ( not my quote) but it isn’t now. 

• Like 4
50 minutes ago, super_blue said:

Robbie Simpson has cut his management teeth. They've probably seen his goal at Annfield.