Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

On a more serious note and being able to relate as I lost my job at the start of Covid, I hope Dino and his family are OK and he gets back in the game as soon as he can, life is difficult for many at the moment

Clearly a decent bloke and did his best in difficult circumstances so good luck to him

Eid Mubarak Dino

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How desperate must Harry Kewell be to want this job. I mean the fella has spent his life in football circles so he must speak to people within the game about the club and with the power of the internet it can't have escaped him how hopeless the job of Head Coach at this football club is. 

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

How desperate must Harry Kewell be to want this job. I mean the fella has spent his life in football circles so he must speak to people within the game about the club and with the power of the internet it can't have escaped him how hopeless the job of Head Coach at this football club is. 

Probably just thinks I’ll put myself in the shop window. If I win a few, I can spin it and say I did well under difficult circumstances. If he’s shit, he’s not lost owt. I doubt he needs the wage we pay. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Probably just thinks I’ll put myself in the shop window. If I win a few, I can spin it and say I did well under difficult circumstances. If he’s shit, he’s not lost owt. I doubt he needs the wage we pay. 

He doesn't need the money no which makes you wonder why he doesn't think as life is far too short do something more pleasurable or productive like kicking yourself in the bollocks repeatedly or banging your head against a brick wall.

2 hours ago, underdog said:

This is terrible...if true have the club announced it?

Any rationale reasoning we can comprehend?...maybe that bothwick-johnson signing crashed and burned.

What a bloody mess

Getting rid of Popeye (credit to Singe) is hardly terrible. The continuation of halfwit Lemsagam's regime certainly is though.

2 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Getting rid of Popeye (credit to Singe) is hardly terrible. The continuation of halfwit Lemsagam's regime certainly is though.

Getting rid of him just to replace him with Kewell is terrible in my eyes.  

6 minutes ago, oafc 123 said:

Getting rid of him just to replace him with Kewell is terrible in my eyes.  

You need to look at the bigger picture.

Does anybody give a flying fuck who succeeds Maamria, as long as the Chuckle Brothers are in charge?

9 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

You need to look at the bigger picture.

Does anybody give a flying fuck who succeeds Maamria, as long as the Chuckle Brothers are in charge?

It just makes you question why bother with the upheaval and expensive of it all.

They might as well just left things as they were.

Dino looked no better or worse than a bog standard League Two manager in all honesty and a record of 8 wins, 10 draws and 10 defeats in the league backs that up.  That said, we are run by such a volatile owner that I don't think it's particularly fair to judge any manager by normal standards.

Can't really say that he came across as the most pleasant character either although his commitment to the cause couldn't be doubted, so I wish him luck in the future.

So, Harry Kewell for the next 3 months.  Whether he's good or not is kind of irrelevant at this point to be honest.  I'm just interested to see if he'll still be in charge by the time that crowds are allowed back in grounds.

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Dino looked no better or worse than a bog standard League Two manager in all honesty 

I think your bog standard League Two manager would have gone for more than a draw at Stevenage.

I haven't seen any other League Two managers going for stupid kick off routines where we concede and free kick routines that a school team would be embarrassed by. Eleven back defending a corner when we are chasing the game - what's all that about?

It might be forgiveable if the football was good, but it was turgid negative bollocks.

He's so tinpot non league it hurts.

12 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Can't wait to see Maouche regain the captains armband next season :petesake:

12 hours ago, League one forever said:

Big dog will be raising a glass this evening. 

12 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just aslong as we can beat of the competition from other clubs to keep him.

Given the state of the club, I’ve heard that MM has said that he will only re-sign if he is offered more money AND the captain’s armband... allegedly 😉

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Given the state of the club, I’ve heard that MM has said that he will only re-sign if he is offered more money AND the captain’s armband... allegedly 😉

That was last season plus a car!

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The way this has been done is a disgrace, its only a few weeks ago Dino was full of enthusiasm with players lined up. The Kewell move suggests things were going on behind the scenes.

Pretty much a repeat of what they did to Banide. They have no respect for anyone and no common decency. They should be ashamed of what they've done to our club, but they won't be because they're always right. I wish they would just sod off, we'll suffer the consequences, but come back stronger.

41 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The way this has been done is a disgrace, its only a few weeks ago Dino was full of enthusiasm with players lined up. The Kewell move suggests things were going on behind the scenes.

This decision will have been made weeks ago.

I reckon Dino has probably known about it for some time. How long was his contract? I can’t remember If it was to the end of the season with an option or not.

The timing of the announcement yesterday was almost certainly made to coincide with the completion of his furlough period.

However, Jewel, Kewell, it matters not, as his replacement will go the way of all the others and I’ll be surprised if he’s still here beyond Christmas!

Just what are these 🤡🤡 trying to achieve, it is an absolute shit show which just keeps getting worse and worse. 

40 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

43 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I don't mind the forward planning, whereby we have our next appointment lined up to step in as soon as possible.  It avoids the whole post-Johnson limbo situation whereby a season fizzles out when all might not be lost.

Could be seen as snide.  Could be seen as good-business planning (although I think we all know which of these it undoubtedly was with this lot..).

Archived