Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

1 hour ago, UsedtobeWozzer said:

Well it’s more recruitment than tactics. Tactics is deploying the personnel at his disposal. 

Meh - point stands that it's probably not Wilson's fault that he's not been playing his best.

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is he A,

‘just saying it as it is’ - after 4 games. . 

or B

Getting the excuses in early. 

I never trust managers who complain about the squad. He knew we had no strikers- surely he did- didn’t he? He knew we had a team with 6 decent ish players. So why after 4 games- state the obvious. Doesn’t look good for him. 

Next. 😩

2 hours ago, latics22 said:

I dont think him pointing out the blatantly obvious makes him the next pep. Hes  simply deflecting (rightly) the blame from his door. Whilst taking no responsibility for tactics or results. He may pknow hes about to get the boot, I'm not sure it's the defining point in Al's reign that people are hoping for.

Yep.

And publicly slating players he'll need to use between now and at least January is just plain stupid. FFS. 

It’s blatantly obvious to everyone including Maamria that apart from a handful of decent players this squad is nowhere near good enough to compete in the top half of what is generally a really poor division.

I applaud him for speaking his mind regarding recruitment but slagging off the players in public IMO is certainly not going to help the cause.

Criticism of individuals should be confined to the changing room and training ground. We will have to get to January at least with the vast majority of this squad of players and I don’t see the point of stating the glaringly obvious in the media. If he was looking for a positive reaction I think he’s probably shot himself in the foot.

I expect another manager to be gone very soon!!!

************ABDALLAH OUT************

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Yep.

And publicly slating players he'll need to use between now and at least January is just plain stupid. FFS. 

He told it as it is, half of them aren't good enough to be at a FL club as we all know except one person.

3 hours ago, JoeP said:

Falls into "tactics", no?

If we don't have the personnel to accommodate him, it's our fault he's not scoring goals here, not his..

He's playing at this level for a reason but so are the defenders he comes up against - is it too much to ask that he might adapt a bit & still score the odd goal even when not playing in his ideal system? 

17 hours ago, Frankies6 said:

I reckon Dino will be here for the lenght of his contract.. I love his ballsy approach , seems to know how to deal with Al and Mo, and maybe Dino is the guy to come in and say it as it is.. Maybe we have a coach in place with some backbone ...Al was tracking Dino whilst he was manager at Stevange.. Lets see what happens but i can sense a roller coaster of a ride ... bring it on.. 

not a chance, i like how vocal is he is on the state of the team, and he should be, but that wont save him. that will be like AL admitting his signings are the reason they are where they are. no way will that happen. if you read banide's comments close to the end he started to mention the need for points. they are clearly set a target to be up there. if he doesnt get us up the table or has a similar win ratio to banide he'll be gone in same amount of time. just because he goes public over the squad i cant see them saying we'll give him more time. i genuinely think AL and Mo think we should be higher and if we arent the coach will be for the chop. no assistant or backroom team and prob signed to be released for nothing inside a time period so cost of moving him out will be nothing. 

I thought the Kokos substitution was a turning point for Dino.  He gives another one of our many wide players a chance to show him what he can do.  The answer with the failed attempt to run onto a forward pass and then backing out of the tackle said it all and so did Dino who put his head in his hands and turned to the bench.

I'm sure he will continue to try but I would not be surprised if he walks.

24 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Vera's proven at a much, much higher level..... 

Granted he's got a decent scoring ratio.  His problem seems to be he only plays about 9 games a season.  For whatever reason that is.

1 minute ago, JohnnyPimp said:

Don’t worry, Tom Hanks will make friends with him soon.

With your user name I was surprised you didn’t question BP’s spelling of oars.

little known fact ....the ball used on Tuesday is Wilson’s cousin 

😂

4 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

One season in La Liga 2 in 2014/15 appears to be that only season. Is he the Spanish Michael Ricketts?

He bagged 17 in 38 in that year that's was his most prolific season ever he hasn't managed over 5 goals in any season since he won't get 5 this season either. The spanish second division is nowhere near as strong as the championship.

He played for Athletic Bilbao and scored 1 goal in 5 games in La Liga that certainly doesn't count as proven.

23 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

No he isn't, he's never stayed anywhere long enough to prove anything. Are you sure you're not Shuck? 

He proved quite a bit in his time in La Liga and La Segunda despite moving around a bit....

2011 Athletic Bilbao 5 (1)
2011–2012 Hércules 31 (11)
2012–2013 Ponferradina 14 (2)
2013 Alcorcón 7 (1)
2013–2014 Eibar 31 (5)
2014–2015 Mirandés 38

(17)

17 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

One season in La Liga 2 in 2014/15 appears to be that only season. Is he the Spanish Michael Ricketts?

Or 2011/12.

Or 2013/14 where, despite only getting 5 goals, he must have been doing  something right to play 31 times in Eibar's first ever promotion to the top flight....

4 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Or 2011/12.

Or 2013/14 where, despite only getting 5 goals, he must have been doing  something right to play 31 times in Eibar's first ever promotion to the top flight....

and something spectacularly wrong since

Archived