Dino Maamria - Departure Watch

• Replies 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, probably. 

He sides with the players -he gets sacked. 

He sides with the AL he loses the dressing room- and gets sacked. 

Ffs. I’m opening a bottle of red. 

Bit late, surely wine cut off is 1930?

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

Would anyone put it past AL/MO getting rid if Gateshead turn us over? 

Nope, the same way I wouldn't have put it past them to get rid of Frankie Bunn if we'd have been knocked out by Hampton and Richmond. 

We're getting some money from the TV for a reason though... 

• 1 month later...
28 minutes ago, fleetwood Blue said:

His time must be coming to an end, managers at Oldham do not get to see a transfer window

Just say if we lose at Cheltenham (highly likely) and then at Macclesfield (a possibility), would Dino still be our Manager for Stevenage Away?

Anything is possible with ALMO...😕

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Just say if we lose at Cheltenham (highly likely) and then at Macclesfield (a possibility), would Dino still be our Manager for Stevenage Away?

Who cares. 

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

I wouldn't be adverse to sacking him already, but he should definitely be relieved of his duties if we lose the next two. His tactics committee can sling it too...

A big part of our problem is sacking managers five minutes in to the job. All managers need at least 3 transfer windows to create their team. Had Dino been managing from the start of the season we'd be 7/8 in the league now going off form tables. We should still be hitting above that in this crap division but the guy needs time and backing. They may well look at the league now and think we are too far away from the playoffs, and should be safe from relegation given only one drops out and we have beaten most of the teams in and around us.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

😮 Just to clarify... are you saying Dave that you don’t care if Dino was to lose the next two and then to lose his job? 

Or are you saying that someone called ‘who’ cares...? 😉

It was a rhetorical question so no need for a question mark. 

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I wouldn't be adverse to sacking him already, but he should definitely be relieved of his duties if we lose the next two. His tactics committee can sling it too...

I'm surprised by this.  Who would you bring in that would do significantly better than Dino in the club's current setup?

He's no messiah but he's an average lower league manager who can pick up a win every 3 matches and enough draws to keep us ticking over, that'll do us for now.  If the shit is about to hit the fan off the pitch then I wouldn't want us taking yet another gamble on the pitch, which is part of the reason why we are where we are as a club.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I'm surprised by this.  Who would you bring in that would do significantly better than Dino in the club's current setup?

He's no messiah but he's an average lower league manager who can pick up a win every 3 matches and enough draws to keep us ticking over, that'll do us for now.  If the shit is about to hit the fan off the pitch then I wouldn't want us taking yet another gamble on the pitch, which is part of the reason why we are where we are as a club.

Give it to Mo, then he can front up and be accountable for the absolute dross he's brought in.

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

It was a rhetorical question so no need for a question mark. 

But without the intonation you get with the spoken words, it needed either an exclamation mark or a question mark. Without either the statement lost some of the force of the rhetoric wouldn’t you say?

or am I overthinking this one...? 🤔

Archived