L2 Carlisle United (A) 28.09.2019

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, andy_b_100 said:

I did it for £27 ..... but that was done way back at the beginning of august 

I’m going from Blackpool but meeting a mate in Preston for a pint before several more in Carlisle. He’s saved a bit by buying 2 returns (mcr-Preston & Preston carlisle) not sure about the logistics of actually having to change trains though. 

We're  going up for the weekend. Some good times there eg Chaddy falling off that bike and Chris Taylor scoring and being mobbed by our fans.

BTW just watched Rangers and what a shite pair of centre backs.Can't see it long before George gets a regular  spot

9 hours ago, Senor_Coconut said:

Used an app the other week for a train trip, think it called trainpal and it split's the tickets up, saved me £11 and i didn't  have to change  trains

Yeah I use them a bit. Very handy. Only advisory notice in terms of splitting tickets would be to get to the station well in advance as can take a while to collect all the tickets. 

The other thing to do is find out what tickets you need to split but then book separate tickets on the relevant website. That way you can book the same seat. 

Also be wary of any delays. East Coast tried to do me out of compensation for a delayed train last year by saying my destination was Peterborough. It wasn't and fortunately for me the term destination isn't defined by conditions of carriage so I could get a much more substantial refund. 

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Does anyone else think we’re about to go a run?

My reasoning- We were playing quite well under Banny, despite the results. We were and are scoring goals. We seemed a bit tighter defensively on Saturday. Which should only improve under Dino. 

Or is it just wishful thinking? 

Its the hope that kills ya!

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Or is it just wishful thinking? 

🤔

‘I'll get over you I know I will
I'll pretend my ship's not sinking
And I'll tell myself I'm over you
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking
I am the king of wishful thinking’

Sort of sums it up...

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Yeah I use them a bit. Very handy. Only advisory notice in terms of splitting tickets would be to get to the station well in advance as can take a while to collect all the tickets

The other thing to do is find out what tickets you need to split but then book separate tickets on the relevant website. That way you can book the same seat. 

Also be wary of any delays. East Coast tried to do me out of compensation for a delayed train last year by saying my destination was Peterborough. It wasn't and fortunately for me the term destination isn't defined by conditions of carriage so I could get a much more substantial refund. 

Very good advice RM. 3 of us Kent to Leeds for trip home, changing at Stevenage (long story). IIRC we had 18 tickets +some receipts! It was from the machine but took ages and we nearly missed the 1st train!

52 minutes ago, singe said:

Very good advice RM. 3 of us Kent to Leeds for trip home, changing at Stevenage (long story). IIRC we had 18 tickets +some receipts! It was from the machine but took ages and we nearly missed the 1st train!

Can’t be as bad as paying for car parking with a debit / credit card, I swear the car park operator gets a message and walks to your bank to make sure you’re good for it. 

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

🤔

‘I'll get over you I know I will
I'll pretend my ship's not sinking
And I'll tell myself I'm over you
'Cause I'm the king of wishful thinking
I am the king of wishful thinking’

Sort of sums it up...

I suppose in a way we have to Go West to get to Carlisle...

Archived