L2 Carlisle United (A) 28.09.2019

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, disjointed said:

I think it would be fair to say that today's game would have been the 1st time the new managers words and tactics have been able to come into effect. Perhaps getting rid of LB wasn't such a good idea. 

i think both will have hands tied behind back but struggle to see how dino's a better coach. says all the right things and can see why people have warmed to him quicker than banide but his previous team was bottom of this league. hope not but fear its another backward step as don't think he's anywhere near as good as banide

1 minute ago, Careca9 said:

i think both will have hands tied behind back but struggle to see how dino's a better coach. says all the right things and can see why people have warmed to him quicker than banide but his previous team was bottom of this league. hope not but fear its another backward step as don't think he's anywhere near as good as banide

No manager will succeed in this division with this bunch of powder puff players, he has the chance to change that in January, we will see if he's as good as his words after that..

30 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Not sure how anyone can make any proper judgement on the manager (the current or former one)

Neither have had any time to make an impression on the club.

13 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I think it would be fair to say that today's game would have been the 1st time the new managers words and tactics have been able to come into effect. Perhaps getting rid of LB wasn't such a good idea. 

7 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

Wow 😮 that didn’t take long...

3 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

No way I am blaming the new manager, Banide had started to get the best out of a poor bunch of players, chopping and changing managers has contributed to us being where we are now. Make no bones this team are fighting to stay in this league not punching at the top. 

44 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

No not on his case at all. Just don’t read into all of his talk about getting people give their all. His teams do this and that, chairman needs managing. Don’t forget he always wins at Carlisle, big pitch and all!!! Might win some fans over but let’s see what he can do. I’m behind him as he’s the manager now but off his record I’m very wary and think it’s a backward move for us. Banide was way more experienced and have nothing to back this up with as he only won once but just feel he was actually a good coach. Anyway let’s hope he can win 2 from 3

Crap....Carlisle were there for the taking and they fluffed their chances.Ref and linesman  on another planet.Do they have eye sight tests??

Too much crab football midfield and defence getting nowhere.Strikers scared stiff of shooting at goal and passing the parcel football 

Too many poor strikers when we need quality not quantity .

About 500 went and vented their anger at the end..

What annoyed me most was the players not responding with passion and lackadaisical. 

Came away more pissed off at the racist bile being spewed by a bloke near me. He was clearly as thick as and thought that shouting "Get back to fucking Africa" at Sylla, 'all these African rag heads are shit" was worth sharing but that his 'mates', also in their 40s/50s weren't telling him to wind it in (one of them going on about them being chased by Lions back home) was also pretty dumbfounding. 

8 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

Came away more pissed off at the racist bile being spewed by a bloke near me. He was clearly as thick as and thought that shouting "Get back to fucking Africa" at Sylla, 'all these African rag heads are shit" was worth sharing but that his 'mates', also in their 40s/50s weren't telling him to wind it in (one of them going on about them being chased by Lions back home) was also pretty dumbfounding. 

Jesus Christ.  We have some moronic fans. 

27 minutes ago, Twisbrogan said:

A group of lifes winners right there.

1 hour ago, Twisbrogan said:

Yep. Some right knuckle-draggers. 

1 hour ago, Twisbrogan said:

Jesus Christ, those "fans" need to get back under the stone they crawled out from. 

They'll be the same turds who then whine that they're not playing for the shirt. Given that abuse, who'd blame them?

I am left with an overriding sense of disappointment after today’s result. I didn’t go so my reaction is based on what I gleaned having followed the game on twitter and via the BBC text reporting. Also I take into account what one or two who did go, have said to me and also the views of those on here who did attend. 

After all the bravado and positivity from the new manager,  today’s performance comes as something of a surprise and is hugely deflating. Early days but a reality check for many. What did happen with the players? We started with the same team that had played well last week against, by all accounts, an average Carlisle outfit.

Over to you Dino.

Archived