Cheltenham (H)⚽️

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/1/2019 at 4:15 PM, O.A.F.C 4life said:

Will we even score?

Why is this still the first thing some ask?

Last 5 games its been 2,2,2,3,0

We've scored the same number of goals as Colchester, Salford and Mansfield this season and more than FGR, Newport, Walsall, Macc, Morecamble, Scunthorpe and Stevenage.

Dino on this week’s  behind closed doors match:

Latics had a slight change to preparation this week as they took on a strong Burnley side in a behind closed doors friendly.

“They played a very strong side, we unfortunately lost 5-3 but the lads worked really hard and showed a lot of quality.

“The biggest positive was Tomas (Egert) played 60 minutes and he looked solid, so hopefully he'll now come back into the fold because it was his first game for a long time.

“Jonny Smith played, he looked a threat throughout, and Chris Eagles got some minutes under his belt.

“There were lads that needed the game time and they all came through it unscratched which is good news.”

Latics have no fresh injury concerns, however Gary Woods is expected to be ruled out with a groin injury he aggravated at Carlisle, Maamria confirmed.

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Dino on this week’s  behind closed doors match:

Latics had a slight change to preparation this week as they took on a strong Burnley side in a behind closed doors friendly.

“They played a very strong side, we unfortunately lost 5-3 but the lads worked really hard and showed a lot of quality.

“The biggest positive was Tomas (Egert) played 60 minutes and he looked solid, so hopefully he'll now come back into the fold because it was his first game for a long time.

“Jonny Smith played, he looked a threat throughout, and Chris Eagles got some minutes under his belt.

“There were lads that needed the game time and they all came through it unscratched which is good news.”

Latics have no fresh injury concerns, however Gary Woods is expected to be ruled out with a groin injury he aggravated at Carlisle, Maamria confirmed.

He also says we have 27 in the squad which is difficult to manage in training.

As far as I recall we have 2 or 3 out on loan, so where have the others gone?

their squad looks half decent. luke varney up front and scoring, ruben ried in the squad and rohan ince (last time i saw him play at BP for bury he ran the show). nothing special but obv in good form. Our home form needs to imporve or we will be dragged into the mire right at the bottom, and although we are a mess behind the scenes is it bad to say we should be expecting at least a point from Sat.

29 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

their squad looks half decent. luke varney up front and scoring, ruben ried in the squad and rohan ince (last time i saw him play at BP for bury he ran the show). nothing special but obv in good form. Our home form needs to imporve or we will be dragged into the mire right at the bottom, and although we are a mess behind the scenes is it bad to say we should be expecting at least a point from Sat.

Highest scoring team in League 2, top of the last six form table, in third place... so an easy win methinks 😉

54 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Highest scoring team in League 2, top of the last six form table, in third place... so an easy win methinks 😉

But but but but it's Cheltenham. They're a non league club so we're entitled to beat them. 

Well it's not going to rain and it's not going to freeze and Oh Dino has had two weeks to sort out his 27 players.  What is more he has seen the real first team at Carlisle so I have high hopes as Zeus has a record of started 1 won 1 - he is a 100%.

8 hours ago, League one forever said:

Remember the halcyon days of a match thread having more than 13/14 posts? 

I don’t blame anyone’s apathy. But it’s the saddest part of it all IMO. Hardly anyone can be even be arsed commenting anymore. 

Prior to this post, I have already posted twice in this thread...😃 

I’m travelling up for this one. It doesn’t matter to me that the opposition is Cheltenham, I’m up for my team. 

You blues!

Can’t remember the last match l attended.

Didn’t attend a single match under Banide (and feel bad about it).

Unreal amount of personal upheaval atm so going to get onit today and go Latics. I’ll try to objectively report back my opinion but it will quite possibly be overly positive bullshit. Sorry.

Also apologies in advance for any and everything l do wrong today..

🍪🍕🍺🍺🥃🥃🥂🥂🔑🔑🔑🥃🥃😬😬🔑🔑🥃🥃🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🎭🎭🎭🎭

26 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Can’t remember the last match l attended.

Didn’t attend a single match under Banide (and feel bad about it).

Unreal amount of personal upheaval atm so going to get onit today and go Latics. I’ll try to objectively report back my opinion but it will quite possibly be overly positive bullshit. Sorry.

Also apologies in advance for any and everything l do wrong today..

🍪🍕🍺🍺🥃🥃🥂🥂🔑🔑🔑🥃🥃😬😬🔑🔑🥃🥃🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🔑🎭🎭🎭🎭

Don't know you and don't expect you to go into detail on here if you don't want to, but hope everything is ok.

I find going to Latics no matter how shit the team is is often an escapism from other stuff going on in life.

Archived