Cheltenham (H)⚽️

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Costly missed header .Cheltenham  wingers were dangerous.Again we need a striker.Several missed chances.Didnt get why in the last seconds we passed it sideways when a pop at goal would have been  my choice

The little winger who caused so many problems had been playing low level non league for 5 years before joining Cheltenham.

5 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Three posts in the hour following the final whistle. Everything that needs saying has already been said....fans are rightly losing faith and who can blame them😒

For the Sporting director not to bring in a centre forward before the transfer window closed while signing  players who will never make the grade is beyond belief.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Why do so many of our players run out of steam after an hour?

Because we spend so much time chasing without the ball, then when we do win it back our back 4 just lump it up to nobody and the chasing starts again. 

Totally unimpressed with Dinos tactics and playing like this at home will soon see crowds below 3000.

1 minute ago, losesome said:

Because we spend so much time chasing without the ball, then when we do win it back our back 4 just lump it up to nobody and the chasing starts again. 

Totally unimpressed with Dinos tactics and playing like this at home will soon see crowds below 3000.

I agree wholeheartedly with your first sentence. However we cant blame the manager for the players not being good enough. 

Its not Tactics its personnel and aslong as that moron that masquerades as sporting director is signing these crap players these problems will continue.

44 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

For the Sporting director not to bring in a centre forward before the transfer window closed while signing  players who will never make the grade is beyond belief.

Then shipping out our best winger 

57 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The little winger who caused so many problems had been playing low level non league for 5 years before joining Cheltenham.

Great point, BP. Players who could improve us are out there. Whether the Chuckle Brothers and Red Fleece ever do anything about it is another question.

Oh and another thing Maouche is fucking shit.

I counted 3 times he gave the ball away in the first 2 minutes was a total passenger for most of the second half and as for passing it sideways to missilou in the last minute of injury time when both centre backs had gone into the box deary me!

29 minutes ago, losesome said:

Yet Cheltenham did a lot of running, especially the blonde lad and little winger who didn't tire.

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I counted 3 times he gave the ball away in the first 2 minutes was a total passenger for most of the second half and as for passing it sideways to missilou in the last minute of injury time when both centre backs had gone into the box deary me!

Yep

27 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Only another 7 games to go and then he wins mom. 

We need to learn how to make proper subs. Last few home games have been the same, 60-70 mins on the clock and missiliou, Morais and maouche all shattered coz they run flat out. Which helps the team and have given very good performances. But u have then got to take them off to give us fresh legs in the middle! Goals we conceded r from midfield runners with our midfield lagging behind. It's not rocket science. Managers are scared to take off their best players but they're not the best if they can't run

52 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I agree wholeheartedly with your first sentence. However we cant blame the manager for the players not being good enough. 

Its not Tactics its personnel and aslong as that moron that masquerades as sporting director is signing these crap players these problems will continue.

Whilst the players are not the best there is far too much negativity on the pitch in the last 2 matches.

Never more illustrated than the free kick at the death. 

Mouche especially,  must know its virtually the last kick  , everybody up in their box and he plays it short  !!!!!

I don't think even under previous negative managers we would have done that so has this manager put that negativity there!!!!!

33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yet Cheltenham did a lot of running, especially the blonde lad and little winger who didn't tire.

There's a huge difference in running about when you have the ball and chasing after it when you don't. 

12 minutes ago, losesome said:

Whilst the players are not the best there is far too much negativity on the pitch in the last 2 matches.

Never more illustrated than the free kick at the death. 

Mouche especially,  must know its virtually the last kick  , everybody up in their box and he plays it short  !!!!!

I don't think even under previous negative managers we would have done that so has this manager put that negativity there!!!!!

No he hasn't

What do you think his half time team talk was "lads go out there and spend the next 45 minutes giving the ball away so you are chasing the game leading to you being completely burnt out on 70 minutes" 

We had the same problems under Banide the players simply can't keep possession for long periods as a result we spent most of the time chasing the ball and we rarely build any pressure on the opposition. Azankpo has a good attitude and is a willing runner but he isn't good enough and can't hold the ball up. Sylla and Missilou while being good ball winners neither can pass a ball so we can't build through midfield with them. I've covered the problems with Maouche above.

The positives Egert looked a competent centre back (yeah I know) Morais took his goal well, Smith has potential, we have 2 competent goalkeepers.

31 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

No he hasn't

What do you think his half time team talk was "lads go out there and spend the next 45 minutes giving the ball away so you are chasing the game leading to you being completely burnt out on 70 minutes" 

We had the same problems under Banide the players simply can't keep possession for long periods as a result we spent most of the time chasing the ball and we rarely build any pressure on the opposition. Azankpo has a good attitude and is a willing runner but he isn't good enough and can't hold the ball up. Sylla and Missilou while being good ball winners neither can pass a ball so we can't build through midfield with them. I've covered the problems with Maouche above.

The positives Egert looked a competent centre back (yeah I know) Morais took his goal well, Smith has potential, we have 2 competent goalkeepers.

Sorry but we played good football under Banide in the end. A lot better than today. 

We seem to be blaming a general lack of fitness. It’s only just October and IMO we should be running around like Gazelles. Seriously....If we’re not a fully match fit team at this stage of a season then we really are in trouble. 

When we get the heavy pitches around January/February time I dread to think what state we’ll be in!!!

28 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Sorry but we played good football under Banide in the end. A lot better than today. 

:dedhrse:

We won 1 in 9 with him did you see the Exeter home game? it was a carbon copy of today hanging on desperately at home to Exeter and Cheltenham.

I can't believe anyone can honestly blame the manager in the current circumstances.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

In the 10 minutes before they scored he barely got within 10 yards of the ball. 

But lo and behold Morais, Smith and Egert were subbed off whereas Maouche stayed on. 

He's a passenger during periods of games. But he's a 100% certain starter when available. This can't continue for the team to be anywhere near successful. 

Fortunately he is either one yellow card away or due for a 2 match suspension for getting booked 5 times already this season. (Depends on whether his yellow card in the League cup counts amongst the total towards a suspension or not). 

Archived