Cheltenham (H)⚽️

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

We won 1 in 9 with him did you see the Exeter home game? it was a carbon copy of today hanging on desperately at home to Exeter and Cheltenham.

I can't believe anyone can honestly blame the manager in the current circumstances.

Not blaming Dino for today, simply saying what I saw towards the end of Banides spell was good possession based football. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why Maouche didn't launch it, shit crossing angle but that said, it should have been put in by someone

Maouche should have been subbed on the hour latest though

We don't get enough players forward quick enough. We have a lot of pace and aren't using it effectively, apart from the goal 

I'm not for hoof ball, there were a few nice passing moves but you can be direct without hoofing it. 2 or 3 passes can get a winger down the line to put a cross in but you need men bursting into the box

Another thing that puzzled me more than Mouche's free kick,

When we got a free kick near their box or a corner we sent most of our players into the goal area and they left that small 5ft speedy lad at the half way line.

We left a 6ft 4" defender back to mark him , why didn't we leave someone like Missilou to mark him & send Egert up ???

17 minutes ago, losesome said:

Another thing that puzzled me more than Mouche's free kick,

When we got a free kick near their box or a corner we sent most of our players into the goal area and they left that small 5ft speedy lad at the half way line.

We left a 6ft 4" defender back to mark him , why didn't we leave someone like Missilou to mark him & send Egert up ???

Think that was done to save Egert's legs. He clearly wasn't fully match fit, so eliminating some running for him by not sending him up for corners seemed to be the logic. 

Dino was very vocal in getting Missilou to act as last man with Egert in front of their player about halfway through the 2nd half. 

I felt that Cheltenham were a comfortably better side than us for most of the game and there were significant spells in each half where they dominated possession though arguably didn’t really create much. That said we had enough chances to win, the Hamer headed opportunity from the free kick looked unmissable.

No particular complaints with the defence, Egert looked good enough to me, though I think we desperately need more pace in the full back positions for both attack and defensive responsibilities. Sylla and the often impressive Missilou were solid enough but we seem quite light overall in midfield with Maouche, Morais and Smith all needing to get more involved. Up front Azankpo will rarely succeed without support and I doubt will make it despite his obvious enthusiasm, too lightweight. I’d like to see Dino fit both Eagles and Fage into the team soon, not sure how, that’s Dino’s job. Look to be a mid table team to me as I do see Dino getting more out of them as the season progresses.

10 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

I felt that Cheltenham were a comfortably better side than us for most of the game and there were significant spells in each half where they dominated possession though arguably didn’t really create much. That said we had enough chances to win, the Hamer headed opportunity from the free kick looked unmissable.

No particular complaints with the defence, Egert looked good enough to me, though I think we desperately need more pace in the full back positions for both attack and defensive responsibilities. Sylla and the often impressive Missilou were solid enough but we seem quite light overall in midfield with Maouche, Morais and Smith all needing to get more involved. Up front Azankpo will rarely succeed without support and I doubt will make it despite his obvious enthusiasm, too lightweight. I’d like to see Dino fit both Eagles and Fage into the team soon, not sure how, that’s Dino’s job. Look to be a mid table team to me as I do see Dino getting more out of them as the season progresses.

In his after match interview Dino did say he was aware of players running out of steam in the last half hour and would  look to address this.

The  most vital common denominator to me is Maouche and Missilou, who often disappear from the game at about the same time. Unfortunately 3 others also fade and its they who are hauled off instead.  With this team 5 subs wouldn't be enough.

When1-0 is never enough.

Second half did they up their game or did we crumble?

I said leading up to the dredded 70th minute that these buggers would score about then....and they did.

We were lucky in the end to get a point..phew!.

We must have more score draws then any bugger else in this league

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Oh and another thing Maouche is fucking shit.

I counted 3 times he gave the ball away in the first 2 minutes was a total passenger for most of the second half and as for passing it sideways to missilou in the last minute of injury time when both centre backs had gone into the box deary me

You say that Maouche was a total passenger for most of the second half... so. I thought I’d help you out  a bit here  @GlossopLatic with what actually happened - text below is from the official text updates on the match - ‘total passenger’ huh?  Total bollox I would say:

46' Attempt saved. Desire Segbe Azankpo (Oldham Athletic) right footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the bottom left corner. Assisted by Mohammed Maouche.
51' Attempt missed. Christopher Missilou (Oldham Athletic) left footed shot from outside the box misses to the left. Assisted by Mohammed Maouche with a headed pass.
53' Attempt saved. Desire Segbe Azankpo (Oldham Athletic) right footed shot from the right side of the box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Mohammed Maouche.
54' Attempt saved. Mohammed Maouche (Oldham Athletic) left footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.
79' Attempt missed. Thomas Hamer (Oldham Athletic) header from very close range is close, but misses to the left. Assisted by Mohammed Maouche with a cross following a set piece situation.
90' Attempt blocked. Mohammed Maouche (Oldham Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.

😉

First half played ok, second half what a bunch of tired wasters, the forward line is a fooking laughable pisstake,thanks to our laughable owner,the season is gone already, so we can all be chuffed with a bottom half finish👍👍

Both sides squandered big chances. 

Segbe is a trier but unfortunately is just not good enough. Surridge or Lang would have buried some of his today. It's not his fault but the issue is we are just desperately lacking in any quality up top. It has been evident since the close season, it wasn't addressed and we're paying the price.

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:
You say that Maouche was a total passenger for most of the second half... so. I thought I’d help you out  a bit here  @GlossopLatic with what actually happened - text below is from the official text updates on the match - ‘total passenger’ huh?  Total bollox I would say:

46' Attempt saved. Desire Segbe Azankpo (Oldham Athletic) right footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the bottom left corner. Assisted by Mohammed Maouche.
51' Attempt missed. Christopher Missilou (Oldham Athletic) left footed shot from outside the box misses to the left. Assisted by Mohammed Maouche with a headed pass.
53' Attempt saved. Desire Segbe Azankpo (Oldham Athletic) right footed shot from the right side of the box is saved in the bottom right corner. Assisted by Mohammed Maouche.
54' Attempt saved. Mohammed Maouche (Oldham Athletic) left footed shot from the centre of the box is saved in the centre of the goal.
79' Attempt missed. Thomas Hamer (Oldham Athletic) header from very close range is close, but misses to the left. Assisted by Mohammed Maouche with a cross following a set piece situation.
90' Attempt blocked. Mohammed Maouche (Oldham Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is blocked.

😉

Where was he for the 25 minutes (more than half the 2nd half) between the 54th minute, when the score was 1-0 and the 79th minute, when it was 1-1?

Just now, rudemedic said:

Where was he for the 25 minutes (more than half the 2nd half) between the 54th minute, when the score was 1-0 and the 79th minute, when it was 1-1?

Where were the entire midfield/forwards would be a more apt question - we were under pressure for significant periods of the game - that was one.

My earlier post in response to Glossop was to illustrate that his ‘passenger for most of the second half’ comment with reference to Maouche was way off the mark.

I would suggest that Azankpo, Wilson, Morais and Smith (both of whom faded badly after a bright start), plus Hamer and Iacovitti all had far worse games today.

We all have our opinions on the game but some I find so baffling ... 👀 looking forward to Glossop’s response...

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

😉

When glossop posted that, I nearly put Big Dog incoming. . 

It didn’t take long. 😂

Maouche was central. He pushed the free kick wide and the player receiving (Segbe I think) was supposed to launch a diagonal ball in to the box (which is better than a straight ball). He didn’t, he fucked about with it and after the final whistle Missile had a right go at him gesturing to say why didn’t you cross it? In the end they had to be separated by Iacovitti as Missile looked ready to chin him. 

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

😉

Messi. No wait, MŒssi 

8 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Where were the entire midfield/forwards would be a more apt question - we were under pressure for significant periods of the game - that was one.

My earlier post in response to Glossop was to illustrate that his ‘passenger for most of the second half’ comment with reference to Maouche was way off the mark.

I would suggest that Azankpo, Wilson, Morais and Smith (both of whom faded badly after a bright start), plus Hamer and Iacovitti all had far worse games today.

We all have our opinions on the game but some I find so baffling ... 👀 looking forward to Glossop’s response...

He put that one on a plate for Hamer who should have done better.

But I stand by what I've said he was a passenger for most of the second half and overall hes fucking shit.

He's not helped by the fact that the 2 behind him can't pass a ball and while both Sylla and Missilou are good ball winners and willing runners neither are capable of keeping hold of the ball or creating anything as a result we struggle to build attacks through midfield.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

He put that one on a plate for Hamer who should have done better.

But I stand by what I've said he was a passenger for most of the second half and overall hes fucking shit.

He's not helped by the fact that the 2 behind him can't pass a ball and while both Sylla and Missilou are good ball winners and willing runners neither are capable of keeping hold of the ball or creating anything as a result we struggle to build attacks through midfield.

Maybe either Sylla or Missilou shouldn't start games in order to accommodate a more creative player, perhaps Eagles?

24 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Maybe either Sylla or Missilou shouldn't start games in order to accommodate a more creative player, perhaps Eagles?

Or maybe drop Maouche for someone whose going to perform on a regular basis rather than one game in eight.

I was disappointed with the players’ reaction after Cheltenham scored.

they all ambled back to the half way line , there was no encouragement or rousing from any of the players to galvanise them and get them fired up to fight back. 

Says a lot I think 

The manager was doing it though 

14 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Surprised Eagles didn't come on yesterday he would have given us more attacking impetus.

Had the same thought on Saturday, no criticism of Dino at all, just couldn't see why Adams was a better option than Eagles.

From 60 minutes on we were chasing the game, does appear to be a lack of fitness / certain players having to do more than their share. 

The influence of Morais is abundantly clear, shame he isnt able to sustain this for 90 minutes.

I saw positives in the performance, early days but Egert looks good, there is quality in midfield but too few options when they look up for runners in dangerous positions

3,496 was the 3rd lowest crowd in League2 yesterday, with only Colchester 3,331 and Forest Green 2,136 lower. 

A mix of fans being disillusioned with the way their club has been managed over the last decade and lack of success on the pitch is really biting now into attendance numbers.

Fingers crossed that our attendances have bottomed out and there isn’t any further reductions but its fair to say our next home games v Macclesfield, Walsall and Northampton cant be described as mouth watering. 

And we’re heading into winter . . . 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Horse shit

Archived