Cheltenham (H)⚽️

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

On Saturday in the 1st half (Apparently I don't watch the games so I'm probably making this up according to some) Sylla made a good run forward onto the edge of the opposition box if he had the vision and awareness he would have noticed Smith to his right hand side and a simple slide rule pass would have put him clean through. Unfortunately like Fane he doesn't quite have that vision or composure to play that final ball. If he can find that he will be a bloody good player.

He won’t have that ability, going back to the Plymouth game the amount of times he had the ball on the edge of the box and looked like he had seen a ghost and lost the ball was crazy. Put your bloody foot through It. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He won’t have that ability, going back to the Plymouth game the amount of times he had the ball on the edge of the box and looked like he had seen a ghost and lost the ball was crazy. Put your bloody foot through It. 

Unfortunately he's not alone with this failure. People are too ready to pass the ball rather than have a dig. You only have to watch any game to see the ball deflected in or go through the goalie's legs from a relatively poor shot

We don't seem able to try the basics of getting your knee over the ball and hitting and hoping ( e.g. Iacovitti late on Saturday ballooning it over the bar ).

God only knows I wasn't even a good amateur but no one stopped me shooting when I had ( or even when I hadn't ! ) the chance.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

On Saturday in the 1st half (Apparently I don't watch the games so I'm probably making this up according to some)

Nah..you’re  okay with this one as it’s only the second half of the game you didn’t watch on Saturday 😀

1 hour ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Unfortunately he's not alone with this failure. People are too ready to pass the ball rather than have a dig. You only have to watch any game to see the ball deflected in or go through the goalie's legs from a relatively poor shot

We don't seem able to try the basics of getting your knee over the ball and hitting and hoping ( e.g. Iacovitti late on Saturday ballooning it over the bar ).

God only knows I wasn't even a good amateur but no one stopped me shooting when I had ( or even when I hadn't ! ) the chance.

How often do we see Premiership players shooting, when there appears to be no way through, but they score. Many times it goes between defenders legs. Whether that is what they are trying to do, and get the timing spot on I don't know.

9 minutes ago, al_bro said:

How often do we see Premiership players shooting, when there appears to be no way through, but they score. Many times it goes between defenders legs. Whether that is what they are trying to do, and get the timing spot on I don't know.

Said it before, make half a yard and hit it ( "guduns" can pick their spot - most can't ) it's 50% instinct.

5 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Said it before, make half a yard and hit it ( "guduns" can pick their spot - most can't ) it's 50% instinct.

The Accrington number 7 did just that tonight, beautifully taken goal.

Archived