Against League 3 ownership survey

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Indeed not but League three means nothing to anyone, does it? 

True.  Probably why only 3000 people responded to their rather bland and closed questions in the same survey last year.  

2 hours ago, singe said:

I don't think the danger has disappeared.

He's got a point, though. 

I'd be happy to see a League Three. 

I think we've got enough teams in the country to make it work, and there's no reason to have a promotion bottleneck between the fourth and fifth tiers. 

I don't want to see B teams in it though. 

1 minute ago, SweeperKeeper said:

I think we've got enough teams in the country to make it work, and there's no reason to have a promotion bottleneck between the fourth and fifth tiers. 

But that's the point.
The FA lauched their Whole Game Solution with B Teams touted entering a League 3, which was the nickname name for it in the press at the time. The guy set up Against League 3 with another chap, who soon fell by the wayside, so was left to the one guy on his own. #BTeamBoycott then  was lauched by the guy on the back of the BTeams in Checkatrade as a backdoor LEague 3. He had to stop active campaigning a while ago, but B Team boycott still is succesful with more clubs having record low attendances this year. Along with managers like Pep still suggesting B Teams.

Anyone who has launched a campaign will know how difficult it is to retain interest especially when it gets political, but even more so against a billion dollar vested interests.
I really admire the guy, and to have kept it going 5 years whilst working is some achievment.

16 minutes ago, SweeperKeeper said:

With regard to your second point, just about League 3 but no B teams, there already is promoion and relegation and I cannot see a bottleneck. There is only 1 team down this year due to Bury. Which is the second point, most teams do not make a profit in League 2 and under massive financial pressure. The next round of TV money I  think will be less now Sky has been sold. that will trickle down, many teams are in a very precarious state.

As a reminder, if you make it 4 down like League 1 to 2 then we would be relegated. I don't want that risk.
It's only 3 down from Prem to Championship. Should that be more, and even more yo yo. Havce you seen the debt in the Champsionship?
Remember how close Bolton came?
There is in effect League 3 already, it's the Conference. And putting so much in financial pressure for 1 o 2 more places is not sensible.

1 hour ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Looks like you both agree.

4 hours ago, SweeperKeeper said:

Isn't that effectively the national league anyway only with 3 up and 3 down?

Done the survey quick and simple and fairly to the point only takes a few seconds.

Sums up twitter I think. The three highest respondents are pretty much the worst off club who have some sort of higher aspirations in each of their respective divisions. People who are reasonably content don't bother with this sort of thing 

Archived