Accrington Stanley - EFL Trophy

43 minutes ago, Rick6742 said:

Anyone know if Fage was sent off or not none of the three commentators saw it? They were looking to see if he booked either player right at the end too.

For the challenge just before half time after his lousy first touch.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given our league position and form, all of the fringe players who got a run out tonight should have been busting a gut to show the manager they deserve a go in the league. 

But that was a mess. A fast start by Smith and Fage, but we have nothing up front so little was created, after that we fizzled out and we were a plodding 2nd best for the rest of the game. 

We’re in a sorry state. Almost as bad as the ref 😂

So...What do we learn about the fringe players this evening?

As if we didn’t know already, none of them made any real case for breaking into the starting eleven

The best on the pitch were once again Sylla and Missilou with Morais performing well when he came on. Another good game for Egert.

We could, and maybe should, have scored a couple in the second half when down to ten men. But the game was effectively over at half time.

On another note, I thought the referee had a very poor game.

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

So...What do we learn about the fringe players this evening?

As if we didn’t know already, none of them made any real case for breaking into the starting eleven

And if they are not good enough to break into the first team which is currently 21st in Division 4 what he hell are they doing here?

1 minute ago, nzlatic said:

Given our league position and form, all of the fringe players who got a run out tonight should have been busting a gut to show the manager they deserve a go in the league. 

But that was a mess. A fast start by Smith and Fage, but we have nothing up front so little was created, after that we fizzled out and we were a plodding 2nd best for the rest of the game. 

We’re in a sorry state. Almost as bad as the ref 😂

Losing faith already in this manager after not subbing the totally ineffective Wilson. I'm sure Hamer with his aggression and aerial ability could have done better, but no the manager watched the game with hardly a mumour during the 2nd half.

Bright spots were Egert and Stott, who didn't do much wrong.

3 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Losing faith already in this manager after not subbing the totally ineffective Wilson. I'm sure Hamer with his aggression and aerial ability could have done better, but no the manager watched the game with hardly a mumour during the 2nd half.

Bright spots were Egert and Stott, who didn't do much wrong.

I’ve got some sympathy for him as he doesn’t really have any other option. This striker situation is an utter embarrassment. 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I’ve got some sympathy for him as he doesn’t really have any other option. This striker situation is an utter embarrassment. 

It's already obvious that there are no credible free agents available so time for something radical.  Who on the staff might be worth a crack up front?  They can hardly diminish the rate of goalscoring.

Just now, Dave_Og said:

And if they are not good enough to break into the first team which is currently 21st in Division 4 what he hell are they doing here?

I asked that question after seeing some of these pre season. Not even Northern Premier league standard and never should have been signed.

What we know is we have a squad of 27, but many of them will never make the grade.

15 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

What disappointed me was his lack of encouragement 2nd half and keeping Wilson on who was frankly hopeless, even when he had a partner (of sorts) up front.

10 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's already obvious that there are no credible free agents available so time for something radical.  Who on the staff might be worth a crack up front?  They can hardly diminish the rate of goalscoring.

I've said many times Hamer could do a better job up front, aggressive good in the air and fairly quick, but managers are so blinkered they won't try anything out of the norm. 

8 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Cecelia the Laundry Lady, she'll rinse Mansfield's defence.

For me this is proving without any doubt that the Lemsagam model isn’t working.  

Between the two brothers they’re supposed to be hot shot talent spotters.  Combing the leagues that they’re experts in and the end result is this squad of 27 players.  Add to this their interference just makes matters worse.

Go back to under Corney when we didn’t have a pot to piss in, the post Moore days under Ritchie; all of that seem like the Premier League compared to what we have now.

I for one hope the rumour is true and AL has had enough and wants out.  ML and BO cannot survive on their own.  Here’s hoping Koukash is interested again or the mysterious backer for the FLG comes forward.

1 minute ago, Midsblue said:

Between the two brothers they’re supposed to be hot shot talent spotters.  Combing the leagues that they’re experts in and the end result is this squad of 27 players.  Add to this their interference just makes matters worse.

Go back to under Corney when we didn’t have a pot to piss in, the post Moore days under Ritchie; all of that seem like the Premier League compared to what we have now.

I for one hope the rumour is true and AL hasn’t had enough and wants out.  ML and BO cannot survive on their own.  Here’s hoping Khoukash is interested again or the mysterious backer for the FLG comes forward.

What rumour?

Fast losing  faith after over 50  years  support home and away.

Cant relate to all these different players at all and may be due  to  slight memory loss but there is no connection to most players anymore or managers  unlike my years supporting under Frizzell and  Royle..

Only been away to Carlisle  but seen most home games but nothing to get enthusiastic about anymore..

Unless things start picking up and soon then I may give up my going to matches sad to say.

2 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I for one hope the rumour is true and AL has had enough and wants out.  ML and BO cannot survive on their own.  Here’s hoping Koukash is interested again or the mysterious backer for the FLG comes forward.

Go on, what rumour is this?

Just now, Dave_Og said:

What rumour?

Circulating on Twatter but probably bollocks.  

I just cant see how he can continue.  He claimed to be in it long term but his investment in “his” players isn’t working and he won’t profit from any of them.  MLs interference as Sporting Director clearing is having the opposite effect.

Fans are becoming more disinterested and voting with their feet.  The soul of the club is being ripped out and apathy is ripe throughout the place and the fan base.

If AL remained a fuckwit but his players were performing then he’s proving us wrong despite our resistance.  However it’s the exact opposite and he’s killing the club much quicker 

36 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I asked that question after seeing some of these pre season. Not even Northern Premier league standard and never should have been signed.

What we know is we have a squad of 27, but many of them will never make the grade.

Who particularly BP do you think should not have been signed? 

Archived