Accrington Stanley - EFL Trophy

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

the manager watched the game with hardly a mumour during the 2nd half.

Here it is again. A few games in and he's not waved his arms enough in the tin pot trophy! 

On another note, Dino has absolutely hammered the fringe players post match. Praised the likes of Missilou and Sylla, couple others but basically called Wilson a try hard and said few others showed him what they had and it wasn't much. 

He's either in charge of signing players in January or he walks I'd say after watching that. If he makes it that far

29 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Here it is again. A few games in and he's not waved his arms enough in the tin pot trophy! 

On another note, Dino has absolutely hammered the fringe players post match. Praised the likes of Missilou and Sylla, couple others but basically called Wilson a try hard and said few others showed him what they had and it wasn't much. 

He's either in charge of signing players in January or he walks I'd say after watching that. If he makes it that far

It was an interesting interview.  With the size of the squad that we've got, for him to say on multiple occasions that the depth isn't there speaks volumes.

I feel a little for Wilson.  He certainly hasn't done well so far but after seeing what he could do last season I think he's a victim of our recruitment "strategy".  He clearly worked well alongside a big man like at Macc last season and Macc fans say that's the only way he works well, so we bring him in to play in a system where he's up front on his own or on the wing.  It's a waste of everyone's time.

29 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

It was an interesting interview.  With the size of the squad that we've got, for him to say on multiple occasions that the depth isn't there speaks volumes.

I feel a little for Wilson.  He certainly hasn't done well so far but after seeing what he could do last season I think he's a victim of our recruitment "strategy".  He clearly worked well alongside a big man like at Macc last season and Macc fans say that's the only way he works well, so we bring him in to play in a system where he's up front on his own or on the wing.  It's a waste of everyone's time.

The comment from Dino about Wilson’s ability as ‘he tries’ says everything you need to know about his chances coming up! 

Highlights

Clear foul on Missilou for the first. Very dodgy penalty, but camera angle makes it difficult to judge. 

I think it's a red card, again the camera angle makes it difficult to judge, Toner's 4th in 4 games at BP (3 for Oldham, 1 for Cheltenham)*. Once that happened the game was done; given it was 2-0.

We've got a big squad, clearly lacking in quality in key areas. But the man in charge of recruitment is the owner's brother and so is always going to win any issue with the manager. Fortunately only one side is going down this season and I think Macclesfield will end up with a points deduction before the season finishes. 

*He also sent off Connor Brown at Bradford a couple of seasons ago. 

7 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I wouldn't pin many hopes on January, it's hard to imagine there's a pot of cash waiting to be spent. 

What a bag of shite that was.  We simply don't have a first eleven and the so called fringe players are useless.

Wilson played off a big lump.  The only big lump we have is Dino.  You can't blame either Dino or the players.  Marco and Mo are to blame for assembling such a lack lustre squad which would struggle in non league.

Confidence has gone and things can only get worse.  Kokos running (?) after a pass and pulling out of a tackle from 10 yards away summed it up - Dino put his head in his hands and turned his back on the player.

11 hours ago, Flemboy said:

Fast losing  faith after over 50  years  support home and away.

Cant relate to all these different players at all and may be due  to  slight memory loss but there is no connection to most players anymore or managers  unlike my years supporting under Frizzell and  Royle..

Only been away to Carlisle  but seen most home games but nothing to get enthusiastic about anymore..

Unless things start picking up and soon then I may give up my going to matches sad to say.

This was me a few weeks ago, Flemboy. I haven't been since the friendlies and the first couple of league games - and I`m sad about it. Decades of suuport and now no longer going.

However, for me, it's the right thing to boycott because this regime is toxic for the club in my opinion and will only result in us dropping out of the professional ranks if it continues. There are, of course, those fans who still think all is okay. Just read some of the bullshit on here. People still analysing the squad and asking who is "good enough" etc. amongst the fringe players. Suggest they open their eyes and see that this is an appalling squad that's going in one direction. Still, they consider themselves "proper fans" of course. 

5 minutes ago, wiseowl said:

This was me a few weeks ago, Flemboy. I haven't been since the friendlies and the first couple of league games - and I`m sad about it. Decades of suuport and now no longer going.

However, for me, it's the right thing to boycott because this regime is toxic for the club in my opinion and will only result in us dropping out of the professional ranks if it continues. There are, of course, those fans who still think all is okay. Just read some of the bullshit on here. People still analysing the squad and asking who is "good enough" etc. amongst the fringe players. Suggest they open their eyes and see that this is an appalling squad that's going in one direction. Still, they consider themselves "proper fans" of course. 

If it’s right for you to boycott then I respect your right to do so. So why the patronising and condescending tone directed towards others who don’t share your opinion? The picture is not simply as black and white as you attempt to paint it.

It’s not just about those who boycott the games and those who go and support the team. There are many shades of grey. What about those, many of whom post on this forum, who continue to attend matches but are deeply concerned about the way our club is being run and how far it has fallen? Do they not have the right to follow their team?

And what is wrong with analysing the squad?  You say that this is ‘an appalling squad’ - how did you come to that conclusion? See them play? Analyse their performance?

Also, I’m not sure what a ‘proper fan’ is ... are you one?

16 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

So...What do we learn about the fringe players this evening?

As if we didn’t know already, none of them made any real case for breaking into the starting eleven

The best on the pitch were once again Sylla and Missilou with Morais performing well when he came on. Another good game for Egert.

We could, and maybe should, have scored a couple in the second half when down to ten men. But the game was effectively over at half time.

On another note, I thought the referee had a very poor game.

That we’re trying to get a comb over which includes a quiff, a ducks arse and sideburns from a very long fringe.

Perm any 11 from 38 of these bum hairs and non would be suitable for a transplant to another arse last alone a head

10 hours ago, rudemedic said:

Apparently we all need to view Dino's Post Match interview in which he tears the Players apart - about time someone said something out loud that Abdallah won't want to hear - but will have to take note of.

Clear foul on Missilou for the first. Very dodgy penalty, but camera angle makes it difficult to judge. 

I think it's a red card, again the camera angle makes it difficult to judge, Toner's 4th in 4 games at BP (3 for Oldham, 1 for Cheltenham)*. Once that happened the game was done; given it was 2-0.

We've got a big squad, clearly lacking in quality in key areas. But the man in charge of recruitment is the owner's brother and so is always going to win any issue with the manager. Fortunately only one side is going down this season and I think Macclesfield will end up with a points deduction before the season finishes. 

*He also sent off Connor Brown at Bradford a couple of seasons ago. 

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

If it’s right for you to boycott then I respect your right to do so. So why the patronising and condescending tone directed towards others who don’t share your opinion? The picture is not simply as black and white as you attempt to paint it.

It’s not just about those who boycott the games and those who go and support the team. There are many shades of grey. What about those, many of whom post on this forum, who continue to attend matches but are deeply concerned about the way our club is being run and how far it has fallen? Do they not have the right to follow their team?

And what is wrong with analysing the squad?  You say that this is ‘an appalling squad’ - how did you come to that conclusion? See them play? Analyse their performance?

Also, I’m not sure what a ‘proper fan’ is ... are you one?

All he has to do is look at the league table to see how shite this lot are. 

Don't worry superstar Maouche will be back on saturday and everything will be ok.

Well it was a dire match to be honest, and the Ref certainly played his part. First Half we started very well with Smith again causing issues down the flank and unlucky on his free kick which was saved by the keeper, Sylla and Missilou played well and the mood was good until the 1st Goal which was a blatant push just prior to the shot, and after looking back at the highlights the referee has turned away just before the push and missed it but it should have been a foul. Heads went down and yet we could have levelled 10 minutes later .... Then the crap really hit the fan !! In all my years as a FA Referee  I have never seen a penalty given for a player with the ball taking a kick to launch it up the field and the attacking player wrapping himself around the kicking foot !! Absolutely bizarre .... and never a penalty in a million years .... What a bad mistake 2-0 and heads are dropping further but the spirit still there.

I have looked at the sending off on the highlights, as on the night I was too far away to see the actual incident but to me the jurys out, I dont believe for one minute it was intentional BUT his foot does go over the ball , was it dangerous play ? was it on purpose ? I dont think so, I would have given a yellow for that. Even his body language on the tackle was not excessive or with malice, which backs up my decision on that incident.

Game over from that point and second half was a waste of time, and yet again we could have scored but I dont believe the players left on the pitch wanted to believe they could score. Morais sub made a difference and he tried, but in reality the referee ruined the game and whilst the fringe players did not do a lot to impress Dino the guts had been ripped out of the match and all the fans so a bad night all in all.

Maccies on my way home was the only highlight ..... and I took the chips back as they were cold !!!

Whats concerning here as well is that 6 of the starting 11 here started at home to Cheltenham  on Saturday and a further 3 of the starting 11 Fage, Wilson and Adams came on, a lot of that team will probably start next Saturday at Mansfield too.

Its not like we have made 11 changes and played a load of 18 year kids. A team containing a good chunk of the best starting 11 has just been Whalloped at home by Accrington Stanley's reserves. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Feather said:

Well it was a dire match to be honest, and the Ref certainly played his part. First Half we started very well with Smith again causing issues down the flank and unlucky on his free kick which was saved by the keeper, Sylla and Missilou played well and the mood was good until the 1st Goal which was a blatant push just prior to the shot, and after looking back at the highlights the referee has turned away just before the push and missed it but it should have been a foul. Heads went down and yet we could have levelled 10 minutes later .... Then the crap really hit the fan !! In all my years as a FA Referee  I have never seen a penalty given for a player with the ball taking a kick to launch it up the field and the attacking player wrapping himself around the kicking foot !! Absolutely bizarre .... and never a penalty in a million years .... What a bad mistake 2-0 and heads are dropping further but the spirit still there.

I have looked at the sending off on the highlights, as on the night I was too far away to see the actual incident but to me the jurys out, I dont believe for one minute it was intentional BUT his foot does go over the ball , was it dangerous play ? was it on purpose ? I dont think so, I would have given a yellow for that. Even his body language on the tackle was not excessive or with malice, which backs up my decision on that incident.

Game over from that point and second half was a waste of time, and yet again we could have scored but I dont believe the players left on the pitch wanted to believe they could score. Morais sub made a difference and he tried, but in reality the referee ruined the game and whilst the fringe players did not do a lot to impress Dino the guts had been ripped out of the match and all the fans so a bad night all in all.

Maccies on my way home was the only highlight ..... and I took the chips back as they were cold !!!

I'm struggling to reconcile the highlighted elements of the post

2 hours ago, WLYOWD said:

That we’re trying to get a comb over which includes a quiff, a ducks arse and sideburns from a very long fringe.

Perm any 11 from 38 of these bum hairs and non would be suitable for a transplant to another arse last alone a head

Are you sat in the barbers by any chance? 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Whats concerning here as well is that 6 of the starting 11 here started at home to Cheltenham  on Saturday and a further 3 of the starting 11 Fage, Wilson and Adams came on, a lot of that team will probably start next Saturday at Mansfield too.

Its not like we have made 11 changes and played a load of 18 year kids. A team containing a good chunk of the best starting 11 has just been Whalloped at home by Accrington Stanley's reserves. 

What's even more concerning is some of the recruits couldn't even make the bench.

17 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Wheater.

The End.

Dino said he didn't want Egert playing 90 mins. but he had no choice and hinted that Wheater may ne carrying a knock.

6 hours ago, wiseowl said:

Dino agrees with yo in his post match interview.

If Dino is allowed to change the squad in January. What options are there? He says we have no forwards. The only forwards we could bring in are young, untried kids, or players not wanted by their clubs, or pay a fee. We may be extremely lucky and find a Doyle or a Surridge. The problem s deeper than just forwards though. We need a Baxter type midfield player able to put balls through for the forwards.

As for sticking Hamer up front. Why not, Ian Msrshall didn't do too bad did he!

19 minutes ago, al_bro said:

Dino said he didn't want Egert playing 90 mins. but he had no choice and hinted that Wheater may ne carrying a knock.

Dino agrees with yo in his post match interview.

If Dino is allowed to change the squad in January. What options are there? He says we have no forwards. The only forwards we could bring in are young, untried kids, or players not wanted by their clubs, or pay a fee. We may be extremely lucky and find a Doyle or a Surridge. The problem s deeper than just forwards though. We need a Baxter type midfield player able to put balls through for the forwards.

As for sticking Hamer up front. Why not, Ian Msrshall didn't do too bad did he!

I'd go even further and stick Hamer and lacoviiti up front, at least they'd cause some rampaging chaos.

Archived