Wheater

Iacovitti

Morais

Missilou

Sylla

Smith

Vera (hear me out!)

Wilson

Hopefully Woods is back fit, with Zeus away on international duty and Zabret looking pretty unconvincing.  I feel for Hamer a bit, but I think there are currently better options at right back and centre back.  If Egert is struggling then I'd play Hamer and centre back.  Iacovitti is the best of a bad bunch at left back.

Speaking of which, I'd say Azankpo has been the best striker at the club this season (which is the equivalent of being the tallest mountain in the Netherlands) so he'll be a loss, but I think it could give us an opportunity to play to Vera and Wilson's (relative) strengths by giving them a partner to play off.

In midfield I think Maouche or Fage could fit into a 4-4-2 alongside either Missilou or Sylla, but I'd trust the two I picked for an away game like this.  I don't think we could afford for Maouche to go missing in a game like this.

Mansfield were my favourites to win the league this season and their front two should be scoring a lot of goals, but they weren't that special when I saw them at Exeter earlier in the season and a lot of their players seemed to be bickering with each other during the match.  Add to that a red card for an elbow off the ball and their league position, I have doubts about their discipline as a team.  If we get an early goal I could see us frustrating them.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

an opportunity to play to Vera and Wilson's (relative) strengths by giving them a partner to play off.

We just have to do this until January in my eyes unless we can get a free agent in who isn't a midget and can hold it up, link play a bit....

Even if we sign Billy Clarke... 

56 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Mansfield were my favourites to win the league this season and their front two should be scoring a lot of goals, but they weren't that special when I saw them at Exeter earlier in the season and a lot of their players seemed to be bickering with each other during the match.  Add to that a red card for an elbow off the ball and their league position, I have doubts about their discipline as a team.  If we get an early goal I could see us frustrating them.

I saw that and just looked at their fixtures they have had 5 red cards already this season that seems ridiculously high considering its early October.  

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The team I'd go for would be:

Woods (if fit)

Mills

Egert

Wheater

Iacovitti

Morais

Missilou

Sylla

Smith

Vera (hear me out!)

Wilson

Hopefully Woods is back fit, with Zeus away on international duty and Zabret looking pretty unconvincing.  I feel for Hamer a bit, but I think there are currently better options at right back and centre back.  If Egert is struggling then I'd play Hamer and centre back.  Iacovitti is the best of a bad bunch at left back.

Speaking of which, I'd say Azankpo has been the best striker at the club this season (which is the equivalent of being the tallest mountain in the Netherlands) so he'll be a loss, but I think it could give us an opportunity to play to Vera and Wilson's (relative) strengths by giving them a partner to play off.

In midfield I think Maouche or Fage could fit into a 4-4-2 alongside either Missilou or Sylla, but I'd trust the two I picked for an away game like this.  I don't think we could afford for Maouche to go missing in a game like this.

Have you forgotten about Eagles? Not seen it anywhere he's injured.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The team I'd go for would be:

Woods (if fit)

Mills

Egert

Wheater

Iacovitti

Morais

Missilou

Sylla

Smith

Vera (hear me out!)

Wilson

If we take Dino’s post match comments on Tuesday - specifically:

“Hopefully I'll get David Wheater, Mohamed Maouche and some of those players back and we'll be ready for Mansfield which is going to be a tough game."

I think that our much maligned (by some but not by me) Number 10 will start. I don’t see Smith or Vera starting the game either. I would expect Hamer to play - is he our only ever present player this season? Also, don’t forget Branger and Eagles. 

Expect us to win this one.

27 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

“Hopefully I'll get David Wheater, Mohamed Maouche and some of those players back and we'll be ready for Mansfield which is going to be a tough game."

I think that our much maligned (by some but not by me) Number 10 will start. I don’t see Smith or Vera starting the game either. I would expect Hamer to play - is he our only ever present player this season? Also, don’t forget Branger and Eagles. 

Branger is out for a few weeks. Mills and woods touch and go

Vera will be about as match fit as Vera Duckworth.. and she passed away years ago! 

With Dinos comments on lack of fitness of fringe players I'd be gobsmacked if he is anywhere near the team on Sat. 

I'd play Morais up front and play Eagles or Branger. 

6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

While Maouche can be deeply frustrating at times, wasteful in possession, indecisive with free kicks .... but is very comfortable in possession and has a good touch. I hope he plays off the striker.

Appreciate I will be slaughtered by some for being positive.

Partner for Maouche, not sure, if Des is out I want to see more of Wilson before writing him off.

Still puzzled by the absence of Eagles, last time out he really impressed.

1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

While Maouche can be deeply frustrating at times, wasteful in possession, indecisive with free kicks .... but is very comfortable in possession and has a good touch. I hope he plays off the striker.

Appreciate I will be slaughtered by some for being positive.

Partner for Maouche, not sure, if Des is out I want to see more of Wilson before writing him off.

Still puzzled by the absence of Eagles, last time out he really impressed.

Have to agree about Eagles - has looked a class act every time I’ve seen him play. Also agree about where our number 10 will play at Mansfield. 

From the 'Chron...

In terms of absentees, Latics will be without goalkeeper Zeus de le Paz and Desire Segbe Azankpo as they are away on international duty, while injury doubts surround first choice 'keeper Gary Woods, Chis Eagles and Zak Mills.

Appears as though Eagles has an injury.

24 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not every club does. Is what it is. Does it affect anyone attending a game if a certain player is injured?

Not really but it's better than feeding conspiracy theories which tend to thrive in circumstances such as they are now

Anyway, aside from the circus there’s a game today. 

Safe journey to all those travelling. I’ve not been to field mill since Carl serrants winner in the fa cup replay many moons ago.

cant get up for this as much as normal due to  potential starts for woods and Wilson. Not even that much worse than the people they’re replacing but it’s their losing mentality. 

I’ll take a point today even though these may be in the shake up for relegation.

39 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Anyway, aside from the circus there’s a game today. 

Safe journey to all those travelling. I’ve not been to field mill since Carl serrants winner in the fa cup replay many moons ago.

cant get up for this as much as normal due to  potential starts for woods and Wilson. Not even that much worse than the people they’re replacing but it’s their losing mentality. 

I’ll take a point today even though these may be in the shake up for relegation.

Double downvote 

On 10/10/2019 at 1:43 PM, TheBigDog said:

Didn't start v Bradford away, but did come on as a sub. Same in League Cup v Blackburn.

14 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Haha what for? You not a fan of Carl serrant? It wasn’t hand ball at st james’ by the way 😉

Nah, your post was going swimmingly up until your criticism of the two W’s and then saying you’d take a draw against someone who in your view could be involved in a relegation battle. 

12 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I know. I was a bit negative but I just can’t work us out. Strongest 11 in the league but it’s not happening is it. 

Wilson is wank. 

Woods is poor too. Ironic that the weak links in the squad are mostly British.

Not many “wank” players get top scorer for their clubs, into double figures two years running. 

So who goes in goal in your strongest 11 in the league fantasy ? Oh and who’s striker for that matter ? 

Im falling for a parody account here aren’t I ? Got to be...

Archived