Mansfield (A)

Losing to Mansfield didn’t surprise me...losing by this score line didn’t surprise me...what’s surprised me is that Barry Owen hasn’t resigned or been sacked following this match.

The result, the scoreline and Maynard scoring a hat trick was inevitable and sums up the fuckwittery of this odious individual who should be nowhere near our club, let alone in the boardroom and wearing our club tie.  He’s a disgrace to our club and needs the sack immediately.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was driving back from visiting my new grandson with the GMR  commentry on in the car went one down and kind of expected it went two down and it had that inevitability to it the sendings off just made me laugh as couldnt see how this shit shoe could get any worse .the thing that made me stop and think was my missus commenting that normal would of been shouting and swearing at the radio through it all she said i had an air of resigned indiferance just an ironic smile and carry on this is what the clown and his chronys have done i no longer care my passion my love and my joy at my club has been destroyed and many many of my fellow tics feel the same way 

1 minute ago, Worcester Owl said:

I have to believe that the day will come when the pain of shelling out the £££s for no sign of progress will be too much for AL

The day of shelling out the £’s for us fans to see no progress has now become too much, i was contemplating going to Mansfield yesterday but for me and my daughter it was £59 on the train and £39 to get into the ground..put on another £30 or so for food and drink and its an expensive day, the cost would never bothered me before and supporting my team was my sole objective but now with this crap team thats been assembled that has no quality, fight or passion for the badge im thinking why should i fucking bother..

We have no connection to this club anymore, this isnt our club and our views and wishes arent listened to..This club is only going one way with these pricks incharge and by continuing to sign unwanted french 5th division players we will never get any better..

Our club is a laughing stock, managers coming and going every few weeks and the constant suffering we as fans now have to endure..At least before Bury died they all celebrated a promotion..

17 minutes ago, peanuts said:

was driving back from visiting my new grandson with the GMR  commentry on in the car went one down and kind of expected it went two down and it had that inevitability to it the sendings off just made me laugh as couldnt see how this shit shoe could get any worse .the thing that made me stop and think was my missus commenting that normal would of been shouting and swearing at the radio through it all she said i had an air of resigned indiferance just an ironic smile and carry on this is what the clown and his chronys have done i no longer care my passion my love and my joy at my club has been destroyed and many many of my fellow tics feel the same way 

Yep, we're similar. We still listen to iFollow every game but don't have the passion to get excited or angry any more.

31 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Yep, we're similar. We still listen to iFollow every game but don't have the passion to get excited or angry any more.

saddly this will be the deathnell of our club as more and more fall into the same rut of indifference  

42 minutes ago, peanuts said:

saddly this will be the deathnell of our club as more and more fall into the same rut of indifference  

Yep me too. the excitement of hearing that we have scored ( very rare these days ),  or the gut wrenching feeling of letting a goal in,  has all but gone. We now let a goal in and I just sit, and am totally unaffected.

And the gods are helping me out. I yesterday received an appointment for a hospital visit in Middlesbrough next Saturday morning, and they require me to stay for a few hours. So I wont have to jump in the car, and endure more purgatory next Saturday at BP. And to be honest, I'm not all that bothered.  After over 60 years I have never had as little enthusiasm.

2 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

The day of shelling out the £’s for us fans to see no progress has now become too much, i was contemplating going to Mansfield yesterday but for me and my daughter it was £59 on the train and £39 to get into the ground..put on another £30 or so for food and drink and its an expensive day, the cost would never bothered me before and supporting my team was my sole objective but now with this crap team thats been assembled that has no quality, fight or passion for the badge im thinking why should i fucking bother..

We have no connection to this club anymore, this isnt our club and our views and wishes arent listened to..This club is only going one way with these pricks incharge and by continuing to sign unwanted french 5th division players we will never get any better..

Our club is a laughing stock, managers coming and going every few weeks and the constant suffering we as fans now have to endure..At least before Bury died they all celebrated a promotion..

+1

There was a last minute change of plan in my house yesterday lunchtime and I found myself at a loose end and home alone. At many points over the last 25-30 years I would and have just jumped in the car or on the train and followed my team without a second thought. Yesterday was different and I started to weigh up my options and the financial implications of a seemingly pointless trip 90 minutes down the road. I quickly came to my decision and stopped at home alone and listened on Bolton FM. 
I wasn’t even arsed when the goals were flying in as I half expecting a towelling yesterday. 
I hate what has become of our club and what this cunt and his brother have done to it and the sooner they fuck off the better. Then I’ll be back and not before. 

1 hour ago, Daboke said:

The chants from Mansfield fans during the sendings off say it all.  I can’t argue with the truth. 

I slightly misread the your line about the truth and had a flash back of the movie a few good men.

Jack Nicholson...."you can't handle the truth".

I was listening on BBC manc, wow our fans were brillant, what a response to have when you know you are going to be stuffed. Well played all of them

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

Yep, we're similar. We still listen to iFollow every game but don't have the passion to get excited or angry any more

That's about where I am and, in all my close on 70 years supporting this club from near and far away, did I ever believe I could feel like this.

Yes, I'll still listen to every game, but I can't be arsed making my annual trip to BP. As for away games, I'll do Newport and Swindon because they're close to home, but anything else will get second or third thoughts before I consider going.

Thanks Abdallah, Mo and Barry. You've successfully killed off one of my burning passions. Well done.

PS, is there the slightest chance that one of those three numbnuts will read all these posts and actually accept that they've fucked up big time?

3 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

When I make it to a Latics game one thing that really strikes me is the financial cost to those who go regularly. 

It isn’t cheap. And ultimately what makes it worth it - that connection to team and club - is fractured. 

Paying big money for a broken product - that’s simply not going to work. 

It’s as simple as that and the idiots in charge should be very worried. 

It’s easier to lose people than to bring them back. 

Afolayan interviewed after the game said at 2 nil they were coasting and would have probably scored a few more even without the sendings off!!

Before yesterday, Mansfield in their 5 previous games had managed just 4 points scoring only 3 goals!

I think it maybe a blessing that only one team is to be relegated this season but the way things are going it’s by no means certain that we won’t be that team!

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I slightly misread the your line about the truth and had a flash back of the movie a few good men.

Jack Nicholson...."you can't handle the truth".

I was listening on BBC manc, wow our fans were brillant, what a response to have when you know you are going to be stuffed. Well played all of them

Yes great atmosphere yesterday from half time onwards, few fans getting abit rowdy with one another first half.. but on the whole top away day.. The game for me went as soon as we went down to 3-1..Very little the manager can do at that point to influence the team felt for him yesterday, because it was his last game in charge for stevenage before he got fired..I do wonder how long he will keep remaining positive and upbeat if results don't change because his record so far is not very good.. And how long will it be before Al contemplates bringing a new man.. but happy to see what happens now his new Assistant is with him 

46 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Not like Hamer to be beaten 1 on 1 for the second goal... oh wait, yes it is it happens every game. 

Keep saying Hamer doesn't turn well and stop crosses coming in..has a great attitude, but why havent the coaches sorted this flaw?

4 hours ago, fleetwood Blue said:

Feel the same, struggle to care when we concede. 

22 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Keep saying Hamer doesn't turn well and stop crosses coming in..has a great attitude, but why havent the coaches sorted this flaw?

The coaches can coach all they want and highlight his flaws but if it either isn’t going in his brain or his ability is lacking they can’t do anything about that. 

2 minutes ago, super_blue said:

The coaches can coach all they want and highlight his flaws but if it either isn’t going in his brain or his ability is lacking they can’t do anything about that. 

Yes they can, he's young and can learn.

The acid test of just how many fans have given up caring, and/or coming to games, will be Saturday 21st of December against Crawley. A traditional bad day for attendances ( a few days before Christmas ), and little prospect of the opposition bringing more than a hundred fans.

This game will follow the away game at Swindon, and given that there are lots of people at that club, that will be relishing the opportunity to twist the knife in us,  which could lead to another Mansfield like battering.

If we are still stuck in the rut that we are in, and I cannot see that things will change before that game. We could be in for a lower Saturday home gate than for many years.

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

The acid test of just how many fans have given up caring, and/or coming to games, will be Saturday 21st of December against Crawley. A traditional bad day for attendances ( a few days before Christmas ), and little prospect of the opposition bringing more than a hundred fans.

This game will follow the away game at Swindon, and given that there are lots of people at that club, that will be relishing the opportunity to twist the knife in us,  which could lead to another Mansfield like battering.

If we are still stuck in the rut that we are in, and I cannot see that things will change before that game. We could be in for a lower Saturday home gate than for many years.

Donny at home in the FA Cup 12/13 was the lowest I could find since the Prem days - 2,783. Ironic given the run we went on that season.

Apart from that (and a couple of other FAC1 games) the lowest was Col U earlier this season - 3,091.

13 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Donny at home in the FA Cup 12/13 was the lowest I could find since the Prem days - 2,783. Ironic given the run we went on that season.

Apart from that (and a couple of other FAC1 games) the lowest was Col U earlier this season - 3,091.

I would have thought we are getting close to regular sub 3K crowds. As said before it's easier to lose fans than win them back. 

2 hours ago, super_blue said:

Disagree. Doesn’t matter how young or teachable someone is if they haven’t got ability it stops there and you can only go so far. 

Well if he doesn't learn it's a problem.

Archived