Jump to content

Recommended Posts

The team I'd go for would be:

 

Woods (if fit)

 

Mills

Egert

Wheater

Iacovitti

 

Morais

Missilou

Sylla

Smith

 

Vera (hear me out!)

Wilson

 

Hopefully Woods is back fit, with Zeus away on international duty and Zabret looking pretty unconvincing.  I feel for Hamer a bit, but I think there are currently better options at right back and centre back.  If Egert is struggling then I'd play Hamer and centre back.  Iacovitti is the best of a bad bunch at left back.

 

Speaking of which, I'd say Azankpo has been the best striker at the club this season (which is the equivalent of being the tallest mountain in the Netherlands) so he'll be a loss, but I think it could give us an opportunity to play to Vera and Wilson's (relative) strengths by giving them a partner to play off.

 

In midfield I think Maouche or Fage could fit into a 4-4-2 alongside either Missilou or Sylla, but I'd trust the two I picked for an away game like this.  I don't think we could afford for Maouche to go missing in a game like this.

 

Mansfield were my favourites to win the league this season and their front two should be scoring a lot of goals, but they weren't that special when I saw them at Exeter earlier in the season and a lot of their players seemed to be bickering with each other during the match.  Add to that a red card for an elbow off the ball and their league position, I have doubts about their discipline as a team.  If we get an early goal I could see us frustrating them.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

an opportunity to play to Vera and Wilson's (relative) strengths by giving them a partner to play off.

 

 

We just have to do this until January in my eyes unless we can get a free agent in who isn't a midget and can hold it up, link play a bit....

 

Even if we sign Billy Clarke... 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

 

Mansfield were my favourites to win the league this season and their front two should be scoring a lot of goals, but they weren't that special when I saw them at Exeter earlier in the season and a lot of their players seemed to be bickering with each other during the match.  Add to that a red card for an elbow off the ball and their league position, I have doubts about their discipline as a team.  If we get an early goal I could see us frustrating them.

 

I saw that and just looked at their fixtures they have had 5 red cards already this season that seems ridiculously high considering its early October.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The team I'd go for would be:

 

Woods (if fit)

 

Mills

Egert

Wheater

Iacovitti

 

Morais

Missilou

Sylla

Smith

 

Vera (hear me out!)

Wilson

 

Hopefully Woods is back fit, with Zeus away on international duty and Zabret looking pretty unconvincing.  I feel for Hamer a bit, but I think there are currently better options at right back and centre back.  If Egert is struggling then I'd play Hamer and centre back.  Iacovitti is the best of a bad bunch at left back.

 

Speaking of which, I'd say Azankpo has been the best striker at the club this season (which is the equivalent of being the tallest mountain in the Netherlands) so he'll be a loss, but I think it could give us an opportunity to play to Vera and Wilson's (relative) strengths by giving them a partner to play off.

 

In midfield I think Maouche or Fage could fit into a 4-4-2 alongside either Missilou or Sylla, but I'd trust the two I picked for an away game like this.  I don't think we could afford for Maouche to go missing in a game like this.

 

Mansfield were my favourites to win the league this season and their front two should be scoring a lot of goals, but they weren't that special when I saw them at Exeter earlier in the season and a lot of their players seemed to be bickering with each other during the match.  Add to that a red card for an elbow off the ball and their league position, I have doubts about their discipline as a team.  If we get an early goal I could see us frustrating them.

 

Have you forgotten about Eagles? Not seen it anywhere he's injured.

Edited by BP1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The team I'd go for would be:

 

Woods (if fit)

 

Mills

Egert

Wheater

Iacovitti

 

Morais

Missilou

Sylla

Smith

 

Vera (hear me out!)

Wilson

 

If we take Dino’s post match comments on Tuesday - specifically:

 

“Hopefully I'll get David Wheater, Mohamed Maouche and some of those players back and we'll be ready for Mansfield which is going to be a tough game."

 

I think that our much maligned (by some but not by me) Number 10 will start. I don’t see Smith or Vera starting the game either. I would expect Hamer to play - is he our only ever present player this season? Also, don’t forget Branger and Eagles. 

 

Expect us to win this one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

 

If we take Dino’s post match comments on Tuesday - specifically:

 

“Hopefully I'll get David Wheater, Mohamed Maouche and some of those players back and we'll be ready for Mansfield which is going to be a tough game."

 

I think that our much maligned (by some but not by me) Number 10 will start. I don’t see Smith or Vera starting the game either. I would expect Hamer to play - is he our only ever present player this season? Also, don’t forget Branger and Eagles. 

 

Expect us to win this one.

 

 

Branger is out for a few weeks. Mills and woods touch and go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chris15Arm said:

Branger is out for a few weeks. Mills and woods touch and go

Wheater could be doubtful as well. Just something I picked up from Dino's interview.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vera will be about as match fit as Vera Duckworth.. and she passed away years ago! 

With Dinos comments on lack of fitness of fringe players I'd be gobsmacked if he is anywhere near the team on Sat. 

I'd play Morais up front and play Eagles or Branger. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

 

If we take Dino’s post match comments on Tuesday - specifically:

 

“Hopefully I'll get David Wheater, Mohamed Maouche and some of those players back and we'll be ready for Mansfield which is going to be a tough game."

 

I think that our much maligned (by some but not by me) Number 10 will start. I don’t see Smith or Vera starting the game either. I would expect Hamer to play - is he our only ever present player this season? Also, don’t forget Branger and Eagles. 

 

Expect us to win this one.

 

 

 

While Maouche can be deeply frustrating at times, wasteful in possession, indecisive with free kicks .... but is very comfortable in possession and has a good touch. I hope he plays off the striker.

 

Appreciate I will be slaughtered by some for being positive.

 

Partner for Maouche, not sure, if Des is out I want to see more of Wilson before writing him off.

 

Still puzzled by the absence of Eagles, last time out he really impressed.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mayfield said:

 

While Maouche can be deeply frustrating at times, wasteful in possession, indecisive with free kicks .... but is very comfortable in possession and has a good touch. I hope he plays off the striker.

 

Appreciate I will be slaughtered by some for being positive.

 

Partner for Maouche, not sure, if Des is out I want to see more of Wilson before writing him off.

 

Still puzzled by the absence of Eagles, last time out he really impressed.

 

 

Have to agree about Eagles - has looked a class act every time I’ve seen him play. Also agree about where our number 10 will play at Mansfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the 'Chron...

Quote

In terms of absentees, Latics will be without goalkeeper Zeus de le Paz and Desire Segbe Azankpo as they are away on international duty, while injury doubts surround first choice 'keeper Gary Woods, Chis Eagles and Zak Mills.

Appears as though Eagles has an injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Wardie said:

From the 'Chron...

Appears as though Eagles has an injury.

 

Why doesn't the club state who's injured and what the likely time out will be?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

 

Why doesn't the club state who's injured and what the likely time out will be?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Not every club does. Is what it is. Does it affect anyone attending a game if a certain player is injured?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

Not every club does. Is what it is. Does it affect anyone attending a game if a certain player is injured?

Not really but it's better than feeding conspiracy theories which tend to thrive in circumstances such as they are now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Not really but it's better than feeding conspiracy theories which tend to thrive in circumstances such as they are now

Always be conspiracies though, especially with the current owners in charge and previous disappearing players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

 

Why doesn't the club state who's injured and what the likely time out will be?

 

 

 

 

 

 

Because it gives information to opponents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Because it gives information to opponents.

 

I dont think the opposition are bothered about any injury news from us.

Edited by BP1960

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

 

I dont think the opposition are bothered about any injury news from us.

You'd be surprised.

As my old mate Brian Clough once said " Tell 'em bugger all !"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, aside from the circus there’s a game today. 

Safe journey to all those travelling. I’ve not been to field mill since Carl serrants winner in the fa cup replay many moons ago.

cant get up for this as much as normal due to  potential starts for woods and Wilson. Not even that much worse than the people they’re replacing but it’s their losing mentality. 

I’ll take a point today even though these may be in the shake up for relegation.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Anyway, aside from the circus there’s a game today. 

Safe journey to all those travelling. I’ve not been to field mill since Carl serrants winner in the fa cup replay many moons ago.

cant get up for this as much as normal due to  potential starts for woods and Wilson. Not even that much worse than the people they’re replacing but it’s their losing mentality. 

I’ll take a point today even though these may be in the shake up for relegation.

 

Double downvote 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2019 at 1:43 PM, TheBigDog said:

 

If we take Dino’s post match comments on Tuesday - specifically:

 

“Hopefully I'll get David Wheater, Mohamed Maouche and some of those players back and we'll be ready for Mansfield which is going to be a tough game."

 

I think that our much maligned (by some but not by me) Number 10 will start. I don’t see Smith or Vera starting the game either. I would expect Hamer to play - is he our only ever present player this season? Also, don’t forget Branger and Eagles. 

 

Expect us to win this one.

 

 

Didn't start v Bradford away, but did come on as a sub. Same in League Cup v Blackburn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Double downvote 

Haha what for? You not a fan of Carl serrant? It wasn’t hand ball at st james’ by the way 😉

Edited by Clubfootkilkenny

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Haha what for? You not a fan of Carl serrant? It wasn’t hand ball at st james’ by the way 😉

Nah, your post was going swimmingly up until your criticism of the two W’s and then saying you’d take a draw against someone who in your view could be involved in a relegation battle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know. I was a bit negative but I just can’t work us out. Strongest 11 in the league but it’s not happening is it. 

Wilson is wank. 

Woods is poor too. Ironic that the weak links in the squad are mostly British.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

I know. I was a bit negative but I just can’t work us out. Strongest 11 in the league but it’s not happening is it. 

Wilson is wank. 

Woods is poor too. Ironic that the weak links in the squad are mostly British.

Not many “wank” players get top scorer for their clubs, into double figures two years running. 

So who goes in goal in your strongest 11 in the league fantasy ? Oh and who’s striker for that matter ? 

 

Im falling for a parody account here aren’t I ? Got to be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...