Mansfield (A)

Very good question, Zeus ahead of woods all day but if we’re talking the whole league.

McCormick

z.Mills   Wheater.    M.Mills.  J.mills

Sylla (c)

Mouche.       Akpan

Law.                                        Mayor 

Pope

wellens gaffer

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Very good question, Zeus ahead of woods all day but if we’re talking the whole league.

McCormick

Sylla (c)

Mouche.       Akpan

Pope

wellens gaffer

What is this meant to be ? If it’s best players I’m the league and you have Sylla and Maouche Christ. 

46 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

What is this meant to be ? If it’s best players I’m the league and you have Sylla and Maouche Christ. 

It’s all about opinions isn’t it. I wouldn’t swap those two for anyone. Sylla is a Rolls Royce  and won’t be here much longer.

MM is a class act. Weight of pass is always bang on, takes the ball under pressure, hence the reason the team is built around him 

1 minute ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

It’s all about opinions isn’t it. I wouldn’t swap those two for anyone. Sylla is a Rolls Royce  and won’t be here much longer.

MM is a class act. Weight of pass is always bang on, takes the ball under pressure, hence the reason the team is built around him 

I wouldn't mind a pint of whatever it is your drinking. I'll grant you Sylla is strong and can motor around a bit until he forgets what he has to do with the ball. Maouche manages 2 or 3 excellent passes a game, but then goes missing and often ducks out of tackles until he mistimes one and gives a free kick away. He's the last player I'd build a team around.

7 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Ever heard of Richie Towell ? Probably the best player in the league technically, yet Maouche is ahead of him ? Don’t get me started on the Marathon runner Sylla. I assume you are a troll or live in fantasy land. 

1 minute ago, Bristolatic said:

I wouldn't mind a pint of whatever it is your drinking. I'll grant you Sylla is strong and can motor around a bit until he forgets what he has to do with the ball. Maouche manages 2 or 3 excellent passes a game, but then goes missing and often ducks out of tackles until he mistimes one and gives a free kick away. He's the last player I'd build a team around.

Fair doos. I’d class you as the typical Oldham fan. Doesn’t appreciate talent but will worship a work horse. 

Bet you wanted byrne out too and proffered McDonald to wellens?

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Ever heard of Richie Towell ? Probably the best player in the league technically, yet Maouche is ahead of him ? Don’t get me started on the Marathon runner Sylla. I assume you are a troll or live in fantasy land. 

How is it trolling? It’s my opinion. If there first names weren’t Mohammed, I think they’d get more praise. 

And no before you ask, it’s not a race debate and FYI I’m white British so no agenda.

Just now, Clubfootkilkenny said:

How is it trolling? It’s my opinion. If there first names weren’t Mohammed, I think they’d get more praise. 

And no before you ask, it’s not a race debate and FYI I’m white British so no agenda.

Christ, yep let’s all target the Mohammed’s, you have lost any credibility with that comment. I assume z.mills is our mills. So that’s 4 of our players in the best team in the league, yet we are 21st. 

2 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Yes, hence my original point about having the best squad so something must be wrong. 

We all now the team with the best players isn’t guaranteed to win the league. Especially in this scrap heap!

Sylla ? Best player come on. So so frustrating when can people so accepting these below par ‘footballers’. He runs around. 

To further my point he essentially plays the same as Fane, would you agree? Where is he playing now? He isn’t because he’s simply awful, they are the same style of player, even the technique is the same. Poor distribution and getting a shot off will never happen. 

2 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not many “wank” players get top scorer for their clubs, into double figures two years running. 

So who goes in goal in your strongest 11 in the league fantasy ? Oh and who’s striker for that matter ? 

Im falling for a parody account here aren’t I ? Got to be...

Yep.

To the tune of Monty Python's 'Spam' song...
"Troll troll troll troll...Troll troll troll troll..."

Why does OAFC attract so many?

1 hour ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

McCormick

Sylla (c)

Mouche.       Akpan

Pope

wellens gaffer

We have recently seen 2 at Cheltenham far better than we have got.

23 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

You'd be surprised.

As my old mate Brian Clough once said " Tell 'em bugger all !"

32 minutes ago, Clubfootkilkenny said:

Fair doos. I’d class you as the typical Oldham fan. Doesn’t appreciate talent but will worship a work horse. 

Bet you wanted byrne out too and proffered McDonald to wellens?

Bugger, I've bitten on a wind up. I certainly do appreciate talent, which is why I don't rate Sylla or Maouche that highly. They're average. Nothing more, nothing less.

I would have built a team around Byrne the footballer, but not around Byrne the petulant kid. I fail to grasp the significance of McDonald and Wellens.

There is no such thing as a "typical Oldham fan". We're all different, with different viewpoints, which we're allowed to express and challenge/differ from. 

I want success for my beloved home town team, the same as any other fan would, or certainly should. But, if Sylla and Maouche are the first names on the team sheet, success is a long way off.

Missilou I'll give you, but he needs to learn more about when and how to tackle and where he is on the pitch. 

If we still had Nepomuceno here on one side and Morais the other, with a decent strike force, things would be different. But we haven't, so a team of mostly average individuals picks itself, because the options aren't there.

7 minutes ago, Wardie said:

Yep.

To the tune of Monty Python's 'Spam' song...
"Troll troll troll troll...Troll troll troll troll..."

Why does OAFC attract so many?

Without checking I bet it’s the same at all clubs forums. Societal not OAFC. Seems to me there’s a whole generation that should have been fired into a rubber tip

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Isn't it Shuck? 

He'd be on here all over Vera starting today, wouldn't he? Vera starts :laught16::laught16:. Of course, you know what's going to happen now, don't you? He'll bag the winner. With Azankpo missing and Wilson unable to play up top on his own, Vera is about all we've got left. Says it all about this squad, really.

On 10/10/2019 at 12:10 PM, the_mighty_bosh said:

The team I'd go for would be:

Woods (if fit)

Mills

Egert

Wheater

Iacovitti

Morais

Missilou

Sylla

Smith

Vera (hear me out!)

Wilson

On 10/10/2019 at 1:43 PM, TheBigDog said:

If we take Dino’s post match comments on Tuesday - specifically:

“Hopefully I'll get David Wheater, Mohamed Maouche and some of those players back and we'll be ready for Mansfield which is going to be a tough game."

I think that our much maligned (by some but not by me) Number 10 will start. I don’t see Smith or Vera starting the game either. I would expect Hamer to play - is he our only ever present player this season? Also, don’t forget Branger and Eagles. 

Expect us to win this one.

So I was wrong about Smith and Vera but spot on with Maouche and Hamer. Eagles on the bench. 

Now lets see Urko get on the scoresheet 😀

Archived