#ReclaimTheFaith

17 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

You're having a laugh, right? I've been a ST holder for years. Didn't renew this year. Heard anything from the club asking me why? Sending me reminders to renew? Trying to tempt me to come along to matches? Nope, fuck all. Standard. They're incompetent.

Still says "League One" in the top corner if you buy a ticket from the site. No hope.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, oafcmetty said:

You're having a laugh, right? I've been a ST holder for years. Didn't renew this year. Heard anything from the club asking me why? Sending me reminders to renew? Trying to tempt me to come along to matches? Nope, fuck all. Standard. They're incompetent.

For balance, I was talking to someone along similar lines recently with regards to people who've left/been sacked....

For years before Corney left I regularly had to ask, and then needed to chase, people at the club with regards to spending money on one thing or another. 

I attended (and gave details for) a couple of business networking things and never got a single follow up call or email. 

All of which suggests there's enormous opportunity for someone to come in on the commercial side in the future if they apply & have a bit of pride in themselves...

Surprised Alan Hardy hasn't clocked this and tried to re-secure his 1980's commission terms... :grin:

25 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

To ensure we remain transparent throughout, we have posted on our website, a letter sent to abdallah which accompanied the survey results. 

http://pushtheboundary.co.uk/survey-letter-to-abdallah-18-11-2019

That is brilliant. Well done once again with what you are doing.

My fear is that AL will choose not to respond as he will not wish to be seen admitting he is a failure. Not responding would hammer another nail into his coffin from the fans' perspective.

I hope he learns, but I'm not confident.

Keep up the good work and may many more join you.

1 hour ago, adamoafc said:

To ensure we remain transparent throughout, we have posted on our website, a letter sent to abdallah which accompanied the survey results. 

As said above, brilliant stuff. Hats off to you guys for organising this as well as everyone taking the time to fill out the survey.

I have an inkling - based on how I gauged their perception of how well they're running the club - that they'll go straight on the defensive instead of actually doing anything with the numbers (shock). Where you've raised the percentages of fans' greatest concerns, AL will just want more granular detail; he isn't going to admit defeat. His only approach so far is that he's put money into the club therefore why is he to blame. If there's no immediate answer, he'll just shrug his shoulders. Perhaps it's something to consider as a more granular survey on what exactly is bothering us will cut to the chase -- especially considering the fan forum approach became a bit hectic. If the answers are there, what else can he say?

Can't believe we're in a situation where we're having to do this...

5 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I doubt he will but he should have a lightbulb moment with this where he ponders why people are able to produce such a thing in their spare time while people who he's paying haven't thought to.... 

to much like common sence for that to happen with this shower 

3 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

For balance, I was talking to someone along similar lines recently with regards to people who've left/been sacked....

For years before Corney left I regularly had to ask, and then needed to chase, people at the club with regards to spending money on one thing or another. 

I attended (and gave details for) a couple of business networking things and never got a single follow up call or email. 

All of which suggests there's enormous opportunity for someone to come in on the commercial side in the future if they apply & have a bit of pride in themselves...

Surprised Alan Hardy hasn't clocked this and tried to re-secure his 1980's commission terms... :grin:

Ahhh. . Commercial manager at Latics. The best non job in football. 

requirements. 

1. Claim it’s an ‘exciting time for the club’ in late July. With a squad of five players, and the ‘early bird’ discount offer extended for the fourth time in as many months. 

2. Tell us how vital it is the club engages with its lifeblood- the fans. Then when one rings up to say his season ticket hasn't arrived; feign injury and get Barry to answer and say ‘what you’ve gorra understand is.’ 

3. Promise ‘a host of activities’ over the coming season with all ‘our partners.’ Two weeks later release the first networking event in the O2. 

4. Cancel the networking event in the 02, because B&Q, and  the car garage said they couldn’t make it, which only leaves mike from subway. 

5. Never answer the phone. This keeps up the charade that you’re ‘driving the club forward’ when in fact you’re sat in the car- crying. 

3 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Good stuff. Keeps the pressure on the Lemsagams in a firm but fair manner.

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Meet and Greet session?

What we thinking any thoughts here?

Commercial Team: "Abdallah, we're having a meet and greet session for the fans, are you going to come?"

AL: "Fuck that, they all shouted at me last time, I'm not doing that again. Send the groundsman for a laugh, see how the pricks enjoy that."

3 hours ago, adamoafc said:

Thank you to all involved with PTB for helping to try and get our club back.

Great work once again.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Meet and Greet session?

What we thinking any thoughts here?

My thoughts are that this has been hastily arranged on the back of receiving the letter from PTB.

Something along the lines of AL thinking, "Bollocks to going along with this. I'll shove the MD and a few others in front of a handful of fans, so I can keep out of the way. At least that means I've engaged with the fans".

Pretty sure this is an attempt to sidetrack the real issues. Perhaps the best thing is that no one turns up for it. These are not the people that are needed to be engaged with at the present time and they can't spin the crap to an empty room.

A chat with Muzza would be interesting, though.

49 minutes ago, Bristolatic said:

Pretty sure this is an attempt to sidetrack the real issues. Perhaps the best thing is that no one turns up for it. These are not the people that are needed to be engaged with at the present time and they can't spin the crap to an empty room.

Chuckle will attend. Rhys and his dad. Saucy caz. Ninda. That's probably it.

15 hours ago, singe said:

I'd imagine a few people registering their interest might not hear back...! 

Wonder if they'll live stream this event.... 

With just 50 seats available you think they should do. Won't be many left probably with those already ITK.

Archived