#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Just a note for the PTB lads - the facebook message appears to look like PTB has had a meeting with Abdallah Lemsagam on 11/12/2019. Please can you amend it so it reads properly so fans are not confused

Cheers lads  

Evening! 

The date is stated on every post just to make it clear when it has been posted. 

I think the statement is very clear in what the request is which is why we used this for the title but we appreciate the feedback and will bear this in mind for future posts. 

27 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

Evening! 

The date is stated on every post just to make it clear when it has been posted. 

I think the statement is very clear in what the request is which is why we used this for the title but we appreciate the feedback and will bear this in mind for future posts. 

No problem with the statement itself Adam, think the title may have been better "Request for meeting with Abdallah...…."

Someone remarked "Fake news" on a FB group - just wanted to alert you to fact that may just give fans who merely read headlines the wrong impression    

2 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

No problem with the statement itself Adam, think the title may have been better "Request for meeting with Abdallah...…."

Someone remarked "Fake news" on a FB group - just wanted to alert you to fact that may just give fans who merely read headlines the wrong impression    

If people only read the headline then it is wasted anyway! Happy to chat with whoever has the concern though. Can assure you no fake news here. 👍

Just now, adamoafc said:

If people only read the headline then it is wasted anyway! Happy to chat with whoever has the concern though. Can assure you no fake news here. 👍

i know mate, was just alerting you in case you heard from any other source that some fans were thinking fake news - not a PTB trait and in a world of false news, spoof accounts and misinformation a very good one to have 

22 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

Well written. Title confused me at first. Let's get that meeting in as soon as guys. 🙂

12 hours ago, unsworth blue said:

Just a note for the PTB lads - the facebook message appears to look like PTB has had a meeting with Abdallah Lemsagam on 11/12/2019. Please can you amend it so it reads properly so fans are not confused

Cheers lads  

It was also what I thought when I first read the title. 

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

It was also what I thought when I first read the title. 

Morning! 

We have changed the title on the website, however due to the link already being out there on Facebook and twitter we can’t change the title on the link. 

Apologies for any confusion. Hope this clears things up. 

The bloke hardly seems in a rush to get back to sort this meeting out. I imagine he’d be over in a flash if we were playing in an FA Cup replay on the telly box? 
Stalling tactics to me, I say bollocks to the meeting and let’s concentrate on getting him and his cronies out of OUR club. 

6 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

The bloke hardly seems in a rush to get back to sort this meeting out. I imagine he’d be over in a flash if we were playing in an FA Cup replay on the telly box? 
Stalling tactics to me, I say bollocks to the meeting and let’s concentrate on getting him and his cronies out of OUR club. 

I don't get what these folk hope to achieve from such meetings.

13 hours ago, deyres42 said:

I don't get what these folk hope to achieve from such meetings.

I would imagine this is a tick box exercise to show from PTB's point of view that they've given the owners a chance to have their say.  We know the answers will be largely bollocks, but it's done with then. 

That being said, if there's 2nd and 3rd meetings, I'll question why,

The Trust announce today the sending of a letter to the club because of the way the CEO/club reps have conducted themselves i.e. demanding NDAs signed, refusing to provide unabridged/uncensored accounts & Shareholder rights.

Surely the contempt shown by the club owners and board to us fans, the Trust, PTB & FLG demands serious action.  The protest prior to Leyton Orient was one thing but we need to campaign collectively to secure a 100% boycott to all future home games.  Imagine if every game had 0 attendees - press would have a field day irrespective of how current we are in the media.  Owner couldn’t ignore this and opt to stay abroad.

Time for words is over - smoke the Clown and his brother out!

35 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

The Trust announce today the sending of a letter to the club because of the way the CEO/club reps have conducted themselves i.e. demanding NDAs signed, refusing to provide unabridged/uncensored accounts & Shareholder rights.

Surely the contempt shown by the club owners and board to us fans, the Trust, PTB & FLG demands serious action.  The protest prior to Leyton Orient was one thing but we need to campaign collectively to secure a 100% boycott to all future home games.  Imagine if every game had 0 attendees - press would have a field day irrespective of how current we are in the media.  Owner couldn’t ignore this and opt to stay abroad.

Thanks Midsblue. I did not want kidnap this thread as the Trust has its own pinned area at the top of the page. So the Trust updates go in there, as is the link.

I don't post much on social media anymore as there has been a complaint lodge against me that had to be investigated. I know little ole me....Words are powerful and yes. I hold my hands up as how it could have been interpreted as well.

So, anything Trust wise, I post in the pinned thread that the mods kindly created a few seasons ago. - thanks mods

29 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

There will never be a 100% boycott. 

41 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

I still think that there is just a glimmer of hope that the owner may play ball, now PTB has galvanised our support to demonstrate our dissatisfaction at the way the club is being run. I accept that it is very unlikely but feel that, as PTB communication with the club is very much in its infancy, the club should be given at least a small window of time to respond.

I am aware that there are plans afoot for escalation (action not words) rather than all-out boycott, this has been developed after communication with other club's Fans groups who have been through what we are going through now.

Its important that the supporters of this club are not pushed into confrontation with each other at any stage but sadly I still feel that the majority of our remaining home support is still pro-Abdallah.

11 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I still think that there is just a glimmer of hope that the owner may play ball, now PTB has galvanised our support to demonstrate our dissatisfaction at the way the club is being run. I accept that it is very unlikely but feel that, as PTB communication with the club is very much in its infancy, the club should be given at least a small window of time to respond.

I am aware that there are plans afoot for escalation (action not words) rather than all-out boycott, this has been developed after communication with other club's Fans groups who have been through what we are going through now.

Its important that the supporters of this club are not pushed into confrontation with each other at any stage but sadly I still feel that the majority of our remaining home support is still pro-Abdallah.

I strongly disagree with the above in bold.

There's a minority, for whatever reason, that are.  And that includes that group of fucking tubes - Party, Halliwell & Chuckle.

But I think the rest just cannot bring themselves to stop supporting the team they've watched all their life.  People will have different reasons, but whilst I think the best course of action to prompt change is for people to stay away, I wont criticise anyone still wanting to watch their team, despite how shit they are.

Something as silly sounding as launching a load of clown noses on the pitch at the start of home games would garner attention.

15 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I still feel that the majority of our remaining home support is still pro-Abdallah.

Based on what? There are a lot of us who feel differently than when we bought our season tickets. Despite being anti Al, I'm still going to use my season ticket and support my team. If things don't change, I won't be renewing. Renewal time will be very telling. 

1 minute ago, Magic Mikey said:

Based on what? There are a lot of us who feel differently than when we bought our season tickets. Despite being anti Al, I'm still going to use my season ticket and support my team. If things don't change, I won't be renewing. Renewal time will be very telling. 

Fair point and I respect 100% if fans still wish to attend if they’ve either bought a ST or simply not interested in off-field and want to watch football, good or bad, regardless of the politics.

Renewal will be damning...just hope it’s not too late and the reduction will be blamed on relegation rather than the fuckwit at the helm 

11 minutes ago, Magic Mikey said:

I suppose I mean are either neutral or pro-AL rather than just pro-AL however I still feel these are the majority rather than those who are now firmly anti-AL.  .

I am very anti-AL but many of those who I know tend to be in the "If he leaves, who pays the wages?" camp.

I am still attending games on the back of a free season ticket* (would not have been going but for that) - I would be back to openly renewing season ticket immediately the current owners are gone 

Archived