#ReclaimTheFaith

I must admit, I don;t really go for the footy anymore

I go to see the people I sit with to catch up....you get to know those around you. Its just nice to see that they are all alive and kicking really as there are a couple of old dearies (that's me by the way), you just want to see that they are okay...frozen, but ok

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I strongly disagree with the above in bold.

There's a minority, for whatever reason, that are.  And that includes that group of fucking tubes - Party, Halliwell & Chuckle.

But I think the rest just cannot bring themselves to stop supporting the team they've watched all their life.  People will have different reasons, but whilst I think the best course of action to prompt change is for people to stay away, I wont criticise anyone still wanting to watch their team, despite how shit they are.

Excellent post.

33 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I suppose I mean are either neutral or pro-AL rather than just pro-AL however I still feel these are the majority rather than those who are now firmly anti-AL.  .

I am very anti-AL but many of those who I know tend to be in the "If he leaves, who pays the wages?" camp.

There is a danger here that you are starting to believe you speak/protest for ALL Latics fans and not just the PTB followers. You don't.

15 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Excellent post.

There is a danger here that you are starting to believe you speak/protest for ALL Latics fans and not just the PTB followers. You don't.

Unless I have read your post wrong ‘whittles left foot’ - Just to clarify unsworth blue isn’t one of the PTB lads to avoid confusion., (it has been a long day in work already). 😂

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

I still feel that the majority of our remaining home support is still pro-Abdallah.

I don't think many fans other than the handful of cranks that we know about are literally "pro" Abdallah.

A lot, rightly or wrongly, still don't want to stop going to matches though. 

Hope you're not confusing these two things. 

58 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Just confirming what Adam has said, Unsworth Blue isn’t one of the 4 PTB founder members. 

As far as I am aware, the PTB founder members who frequent this board have changed their logo to the PTB logo in order for it to be made clear who we are (think this was requested a while back when we first launched)

I would guess 95% of our supporters could be classed as ‘dissatisfied’

You could also say the dissatisfied tag has been apparent for the last 25 years at least.

There will be a fair wedge of fans who don’t frequent social media and it’s probably going to take a while longer for them to be ready to back any sort of protest. 

Perhaps PTB could conduct a simple survey from a cross section of our supporters entering the 3 home ends at the game on Saturday.

I think the level of anger amongst our fan base  is greatly underestimated. Just about everyone I’ve spoke to is of the same opinion!

I’m willing to bet at least 75% of our supporters would not be too bothered if the 🤡🤡 walked away tomorrow!!

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

I would guess 95% of our supporters could be classed as ‘dissatisfied’

You could also say the dissatisfied tag has been apparent for the last 25 years at least.

There will be a fair wedge of fans who don’t frequent social media and it’s probably going to take a while longer for them to be ready to back any sort of protest. 

Perhaps PTB could conduct a simple survey from a cross section of our supporters entering the 3 home ends at the game on Saturday.

I think the level of anger amongst our fan base  is greatly underestimated. Just about everyone I’ve spoke to is of the same opinion!

I’m willing to bet at least 75% of our supporters would not be too bothered if the 🤡🤡 walked away tomorrow!!

I agree with all of that but the club would cease to exist the very moment they walked

unless you know someone who'd take their place at a  minutes notice?

2 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

But I think the rest just cannot bring themselves to stop supporting the team they've watched all their life.  

I, like many who go to the games, fall into the ‘Support the Team not the Regime’ camp. And I guess that the sentence above to a certain extent captures how I feel.

However... I would add the word ‘yet’ to that sentence as I can see a day in the future when a mass boycott may be the only way. But that approach will come with consequences which could well lead to the club unable to pay its bills and ultimately going into administration if no suitable buyer is found.

That is an outcome that no one wants. 

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Excellent post.

What are you on about Whittles? 

I have never tried to speak on behalf of everyone, particularly people like yourself.

I support the team and club 100%. I cannot stomach the current leadership and the regime at all. I know many fans who feel the same but many would not support any action that may damage the club and many choose to believe that there is no credible alternative if AL upsticks and goes. I never purported to be one of the founder members of the PTB, however I am one of the 27 who chose to protest against Colchester and  live for the day we get our club back from these wastrels.

These are my opinions, maybe shared by no one else but I don't much care if I represent the views of others or not      

42 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I, like many who go to the games, fall into the ‘Support the Team not the Regime’ camp. And I guess that the sentence above to a certain extent captures how I feel.

However... I would add the word ‘yet’ to that sentence as I can see a day in the future when a mass boycott may be the only way. But that approach will come with consequences which could well lead to the club unable to pay its bills and ultimately going into administration if no suitable buyer is found.

That is an outcome that no one wants. 

What fans need to do at the moment is raise the profile of the clubs issues. PTB have made a great start in bringing fans together in greater numbers to make those voices heard as one loud noise rather than individual mutterings. 

So far so good with the 300 or so who made their feelings known with local press coverage. This will gain momentum and I am sure that a mass boycott would be seen as very much last resort and that there are other ways to make feelings known in the meantime. I am sure the 300 was comprised of a cross section of those who still attend and those who feel they are unable to put money into these owners and that's absolutely fine. 

The gathering noise is also a great advert to anyone potentially interested in purchasing a football club that there is a fan base willing to mobilise and show the passion they have for their team. If things don't change the numbers will grow and as it is the club is only going in one direction regardless. 

Hopefully matters will improve before the total boycott stage however I fear that it won't, I do hold the hope though that our plight will have become much better publicised through peoples efforts by then and there may just be someone waiting in the wings to take us on. 

11 minutes ago, Haribo_man said:

What fans need to do at the moment is raise the profile of the clubs issues. PTB have made a great start in bringing fans together in greater numbers to make those voices heard as one loud noise rather than individual mutterings. 

So far so good with the 300 or so who made their feelings known with local press coverage. This will gain momentum and I am sure that a mass boycott would be seen as very much last resort and that there are other ways to make feelings known in the meantime. I am sure the 300 was comprised of a cross section of those who still attend and those who feel they are unable to put money into these owners and that's absolutely fine. 

The gathering noise is also a great advert to anyone potentially interested in purchasing a football club that there is a fan base willing to mobilise and show the passion they have for their team. If things don't change the numbers will grow and as it is the club is only going in one direction regardless. 

Hopefully matters will improve before the total boycott stage however I fear that it won't, I do hold the hope though that our plight will have become much better publicised through peoples efforts by then and there may just be someone waiting in the wings to take us on. 

agree 100% Haribo - if fans just choose to stay away (and I do understand why), it may look like they are not passionate about their club (I am sure they are).

Archived