this is it how it feels to be small

this is it how feels when your team

Never wins anything at all

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

What is this sorry ? 

Annoying people who don't take their glasses back to the bar trying to be cryptic and clever. 

If this is anything to do with the FLG, and it looks likely it will be, I'd have expected better from people who work in hospitality. 

45 minutes ago, Brisbaneblue said:

I think a better latics version is:

this is is it how feels to be oldham

Never wins anything at all

Doesn't scan

1 hour ago, Brisbaneblue said:

I think a better latics version is:

this is is it how feels to be oldham

Never wins anything nothing at all

17 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Doesn't scan

Does now.

50 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Annoying people who don't take their glasses back to the bar trying to be cryptic and clever. 

If this is anything to do with the FLG, and it looks likely it will be, I'd have expected better from people who work in hospitality. 

What? 😆

4 hours ago, ShireBlue said:

What was the protest and march from the civic centre we did about 12-15 years ago?

That was to get OMBC to change their mind about giving TTA planning permission to redevelop BP by firstly, knocking down the Lookers.

I guess I’m not the only one a little embarrassed these days about my involvement in that event.  As they say though, hindsight is 20/20 ☺️☺️☺️

16 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

That was to get OMBC to change their mind about giving TTA planning permission to redevelop BP by firstly, knocking down the Lookers.

I guess I’m not the only one a little embarrassed these days about my involvement in that event.  As they say though, hindsight is 20/20 ☺️☺️☺️

This is very much memory rather than knowledge but I have a feeling that if the redevelopment had gone straight through it may have been done before the financial crash which would have given it a chance of being successful.  When the Lookers eventually came down it was just about at the worst possible time. 

1 minute ago, Dave_Og said:

This is very much memory rather than knowledge but I have a feeling that if the redevelopment had gone straight through it may have been done before the financial crash which would have given it a chance of being successful.  When the Lookers eventually came down it was just about at the worst possible time. 

Correct, it would have stood us in good stead at a time when there was some positivity around and the owners still seemed to have footballing ambitions (if we'd timed it really well maybe we'd have got a Leicester style freebie).

42 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It was only around one month between the original rejection in late 2007 and subsequent approval.  

The 2008 crash was a massive part in the funding issues for the development (caused a lot of replanning after the Lookers was knocked down, including the Hilton Group withdrawing the hotel deal) but ultimately, I don’t think the timing of the Council’s about face was instrumental.

1 hour ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

To be honest, the whole redevelopment project wasn't a bad idea - it just didn't get the brains/investment/determination to see it through to the projected end.

Ended up half-assed as usual.

17 minutes ago, Inspiral_Carpet said:

It was only around one month between the original rejection in late 2007 and subsequent approval.  

The 2008 crash was a massive part in the funding issues for the development (caused a lot of replanning after the Lookers was knocked down, including the Hilton Group withdrawing the hotel deal) but ultimately, I don’t think the timing of the Council’s about face was instrumental.

Just checked some emails which brought back a lot of memories 🤣🤣🤣

Initial Application rejected 14/11/2007

Protest March held two days* later - 16/11/2007

Council approved plans on 11/12/2007.

* Shows what can be done given the inclination and, as acknowledged by the Club at the time, the power of OWTB.

Archived