#ReclaimTheFaith

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A golden opportunity is coming up in - Orient away. There are dozens of disaffected fans heading down, many attending for the first time this season. A very receptive audience if a protest were to be planned - something like the tennis balls/pigs on the pitch that others have done.

By the looks of season ticket renewal time will be the most vulnerable.

The Board try & blame PTB, but most will see they tried, and that's why gradual protest is important. 

Look we tried to make you see sense but you were not listening. 

Just now, singe said:

By the looks of season ticket renewal time will be the most vulnerable.

The Board try & blame PTB, but most will see they tried, and that's why gradual protest is important. 

Look we tried to make you see sense but you were not listening. 

Here's how it looks with nearly 90 votes so far. 

43% Not renewing. 

9% maybe. 

10% definitely are. 

19 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Not really sure this will give an accurate true reflection 

I make no claim it is, as thee only accurate figure will be the actual number at the time. The situation may change, but it underscores the depth of frustration and be foolish to ignore. It's not a stretch to say that as season ticket renewal may be only 10 weeks away, there may be a massive drop. There has been a 25% drop in attendances already.

49 minutes ago, singe said:

I make no claim it is, as thee only accurate figure will be the actual number at the time. The situation may change, but it underscores the depth of frustration and be foolish to ignore. It's not a stretch to say that as season ticket renewal may be only 10 weeks away, there may be a massive drop. There has been a 25% drop in attendances already.

Curious to know your view singe and that of the PtB lads on the crowd yesterday

A very decent 5,278 turnout, split 4,505 Home fans and 773 Away fans

Much improved on recent games at Boundary Park

Appreciate those numbers are expected to dramatically fall back after a 1-4 Home defeat, but folk did turn out despite the high profile split amongst our supporter base and the PtB protests 

9 minutes ago, tGWB said:

Appreciate those numbers are expected to dramatically fall back after a 1-4 Home defeat, but folk did turn out despite the high profile split amongst our supporter base and the PtB protests 

But of minimal, if any, significance to potential season ticket numbers.  Nobody could construct a sensible budget on the back of a somewhat freaky attendance figure for one game.

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

It showed support is there if they did things properly we could easily put 1-2000 on the gate people like that would turn up far more regularly. Those people will go away from today seeing how  poor this team is. That wasn't even worst performance this season.

A good January transfer window could see us finish the season strongly staying well clear of relegation and setting us up for next season and possibly a promotion push. However if the hapless Mohammed Lemsagam is left in charge of recruitment again this simply won't happen we will sign more former Nantes and Auxerre youth team players who have no interest in helping to take the club forward and are of piss poor ability.

Support for the football club is there everyone wants the club to succeed, however it requires competency at the helm this simply won't happen with the people running the football club at the moment.

I am neither Singe nor one of the PTB lads although i am related to one of them.

I was actually amazed at the level of our home crowd yesterday - 4500 home fans after around 2700 for the Crawley game the week before.

As far as I am aware, there was no special promotions (not an appropriate word for Latics really) yesterday whereas there was against Crawley.

There are a couple of reasons I can think of that might explain a bit of an increase - (1) The Christmas period fixtures generally attract a higher level of support than usual - possibly due to people wanting to leave the house and their other halves after a period of spending lots of time together (2) The Salford factor - no one really likes Salford City, a club on our  doorstep bankrolled by a billionaire and a number of ex-United players who are millionaires. Locals turning out to support OAFC because they are "their home team" but not necessarily the team that they support  as such (3) Man United and Man City not playing at same time. (4) An upturn in results, two successive wins in the previous week which might have enticed a few back.  

I expected a crowd of maybe 3500 home fans yesterday and around 800 Salford so was not far off on predicting the away support.

The PTB lads certainly are not protesting against the team nor encouraging anyone to boycott games. Their protests are much more strategic in nature - against the regime as such rather than the team and merely wanting the owners and leaders to be transparent about how they are operating the club when lots of things just don't stack up (recruitment and Board level decisions etc).

I suspect the crowd for Scunthorpe will be much more on the scale of 3000 home fans and maybe 400 away which is much more a realistic guide to how fans are feeling in general about the OAFC regime   

14 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

But of minimal, if any, significance to potential season ticket numbers.  Nobody could construct a sensible budget on the back of a somewhat freaky attendance figure for one game.

So don't have a view on the crowd yesterday then Dave

10 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

It showed support is there if they did things properly we could easily put 1-2000 on the gate people like that would turn up far more regularly. Those people will go away from today seeing how  poor this team is. That wasn't even worst performance this season.

A good January transfer window could see us finish the season strongly staying well clear of relegation and setting us up for next season and possibly a promotion push. However if the hapless Mohammed Lemsagam is left in charge of recruitment again this simply won't happen we will sign more former Nantes and Auxerre youth team players who have no interest in helping to take the club forward and are of piss poor ability.

Support for the football is there everyone wants the club to succeed it, however it requires competency at the helm this simply won't happen with the people running the football club

If people are staying away and next years season ticket sales are as bad as many are predicting in protest against the owners, then even if he leaves all the recruitment to Dino (or whoever the manager is),  nothing much will be coming in as there will be fuck all in the pot.

8 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

I was actually amazed at the level of our home crowd yesterday - 4500 home fans after around 2700 for the Crawley game the week before.

There are a couple of reasons I can think of that might explain a bit of an increase - (1) The Christmas period fixtures generally attract a higher level of support than usual - possibly due to people wanting to leave the house and their other halves after a period of spending lots of time together (2) The Salford factor - no one really likes Salford City, a club on our  doorstep bankrolled by a billionaire and a number of ex-United players who are millionaires. Locals turning out to support OAFC because they are "their home team" but not necessarily the team that they support  as such (3) Man United and Man City not playing at same time. (4) An upturn in results, two successive wins in the previous week which might have enticed a few back.  

I expected a crowd of maybe 3500 home fans yesterday and around 800 Salford so was not far off on predicting the away support.

That's a reasonable explanation

Does demonstrate there is still interest around the area in the Club which is encouraging

I wonder how many would have tried a few more games though if we had won 4-1

36 minutes ago, tGWB said:

I'm not part of PTB, just to be clear.

It surprised me, as can be seen by my attendance prediction.

My own view was that some was the normal Christmas increase coupled with the novelty value of the first game v Salford, some attended with the possibility of seeing Beckham ( I jest) but United didn't play, some rumours of comps. 
It will be a one off, it always would have been, but the result guarantees that.

24 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I'm not sure if this was an organised promotion but I'm a season ticket holder and received a main stand complimentary for yesterday's match in the post.

12 minutes ago, singe said:

It surprised me, as can be seen by my attendance prediction.

My own view was that some was the normal Christmas increase coupled with the novelty value of the first game v Salford, some attended with the possibility of seeing Beckham ( I jest) but United didn't play, some rumours of comps. 

Interesting point about the complimentary tickets which I assume would have been counted in the attendance figure but highly unlikely they made a big difference overall

Could be as simple then as a good number of fans wanting to get to a match after Christmas and maybe encouraged by the two wins on the bounce

11 hours ago, Steve_R said:

If people are staying away and next years season ticket sales are as bad as many are predicting in protest against the owners, then even if he leaves all the recruitment to Dino (or whoever the manager is),  nothing much will be coming in as there will be fuck all in the pot.

The owner only has himself to blame if season tickets are down and the budget is reduced the way hes run the club has driven people away.

Blame the stayaways if you want let me know how that works out. Knowone is under any obligation to buy a season ticket. If people don't feel that it is value for money they won't go.

5 hours ago, kowenicki said:

Twitter polls.. 😂

Labour landslide. 

Yeah, they're comparable. :rolleyes:
Of course, when it comes to it some will decide to renew.

But it would not be surprising if we're another 25% down and we are down to approaching 2,500 not that we may be ever know now Billy is not there.

So how many are you confidently prodicting?

Archived