#ReclaimTheFaith

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Thanks? 😂 You’re better than that. 

Your opening line says. 

Yes there is. - Good start. 

Then you go to talk about the PTB, it’s aims, it’s effect and how it needs to keep going. Cool story.  However they don’t own the club. . . my question was about the owner not a fans pressure group. 

Your last line says.

It’s a long way back. - Er yeah. . 

Unless your intelligence is so superior to mine, and your able to cryptically say what you mean when talking about something completely different. I’m struggling for your answer. 

Thanks. 😉

Don’t worry about it. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, League one forever said:

I know what the PTB are for. 

That doesn’t answer the question though. I’m asking what specifically would bring people back. I get the sense for some that he could unmask himself as a secret billionaire and it wouldn’t change their position. 

Just do things properly.

-A squad of no more than 25.

-A proper strategy to recruiting players maximising resources. Id base it around young hungry players with a sprinkling of experience.

-Appropriate support to the head coach/first team manager. Its a results driven business but they have to be given abit of leeway the current hire and fire approach is failing miserably.

- Retire Barry Owen knowone needs me to explain that one.

- Mo to be either phased out or moved to a symbolic role where he can't do any damage. Again we have been there with this one.

- No off the pitch shitstorms no late payment of wages or random sackings of staff these people are human beings treat them properly and they will be productive for the club.

- Try and work with the FLG to improve boundary park and maximise its revenue for the club.

Im not expecting us to get back to the premier league but if we do the above then league 1 is achievable and then with abit of momentum and luck we could one day get back in the championship.

All of these are things that most rational fans will support.

18 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Eh? I’m not. 

More cryptic nonsense. 

He's ex trust. They don't answer questions and they sit behind an excuse of being too busy with other things to get notes out sooner than about 6 months while applying zero relevant pressure, not acting in a way the fans they represent want and generally dodging doing much classes as useful. Old habits die hard eh

15 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just do things properly.

-A proper strategy to recruiting players maximising resources. Id base it round young hungry players with a sprinkling of experience.

-Appropriate support to the head coach/first team manager. Its a results driven business but they have to be given abit of leeway the current hire and fire approach is failing miserably.

- Mo to be either phased out or moved to a symbolic role where he can't do any damage. Again we have been there with this one.

- No off the pitch shitstorms no late payment of wages or random firings of staff these people are human beings treat them properly and they will be productive for the club.

- Try and work with the FLG to improve boundary park and maximise its revenue.

Im not expecting us to get back to the premier league but if we do the above then league 1 is achievable and then with abit of momentum and luck we could one day get back in the championship.

All of these things are achievable and things that most rational fans will support.

For me those are great points. Mo could stay in the position he is in for me though but the manager should have full say over everything. I'm all for recommendations but his signings have been majority shite!

21 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

He's ex trust. They don't answer questions and they sit behind an excuse of being too busy with other things to get notes out sooner than about 6 months while applying zero relevant pressure, not acting in a way the fans they represent want and generally dodging doing much classes as useful. Old habits die hard eh

Blimey I have upset you haven’t I. 

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Just do things properly.

-A proper strategy to recruiting players maximising resources. Id base it round young hungry players with a sprinkling of experience.

- No off the pitch shitstorms no late payment of wages or random firings of staff these people are human beings treat them properly and they will be productive for the club.

- Try and work with the FLG to improve boundary park and maximise its revenue.

All of these things are achievable and things that most rational fans will support.

Good post. 

I really want to imagine a place where we can achieve the above, or at the very least some of them. I suppose the question is does a leopard change its spots? 

I hope he can. 

3 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Good post. 

I really want to imagine a place where we can achieve the above, or at the very least some of them. I suppose the question is does a leopard change its spots? 

I hope he can. 

It is, and despite the fact we appear to have had a goodish week we've made a good signing and the club has responded to a meeting with PTB Im not sure hes going to change enough.

We’ve counted up and are pleased to announce that we raised a total of £133.89 on Saturday at the @avrofc game. Thanks to everyone who donated. You’re money is going to a great cause @KershawsHospice #oafc #ReclaimTheFaith

If you would like to donate towards our chosen charity for the season, chosen by the supporters, the link is below;

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/pushtheboundary

18 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

We’ve counted up and are pleased to announce that we raised a total of £133.89 on Saturday at the @avrofc game. Thanks to everyone who donated. You’re money is going to a great cause @KershawsHospice #oafc #ReclaimTheFaith

If you would like to donate towards our chosen charity for the season, chosen by the supporters, the link is below;

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/pushtheboundary

When will the full notes from the meeting be out ? Not pressing just intrigued. 

35 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

When will the full notes from the meeting be out ? Not pressing just intrigued. 

This paragraph makes it quite clear apparently.

On 1/19/2020 at 5:49 PM, adamoafc said:

Thought this paragraph made this quite clear! 

Due to time restraints not all questions have been answered, these will be sent to the club for answers. When the answers have been returned, we will release the notes over the coming days and provide a comprehensive and thorough report from the meeting.’ 

On 1/17/2020 at 8:21 PM, League one forever said:

Is there a way back for AL? 

If he changed his transfer policy long term,  kept a good dialogue with PTB and perhaps implemented some of their ideas.  Would anyone consider coming back?

If not, is there anything that AL could do to bring you back? Or are things unredeemable under his ownership? Personally whilst all the off field politics is important, if he got the team right I think a lot (me included) would turn a blind eye. 

My gut reaction to this is "No"

My view is that it's not a single individual that has ruined things but more of a collective responsibility amongst "the few" who constitute "the inner sanctum". I don't profess to have knowledge of who "the few" actually are but I can hazard a guess.

For me, it needs a sweeping brush through the place. For example, if I won tens of millions of pounds, I would buy Latics and the whole regime would be gone; lock, stock and barrel. The place would then be efficiently run like a well-oiled machine, with first class "people managers" dotted around, complete transparency and full engagement with fans and local businesses. All kids would get in, all the time, for £1 with an eye to building the fanbase for the future. There would be family events, events for the kids, fans' beer tents and bars, such that BP became the place of choice for Saturday entertainment from 12 noon onwards.

Some of this would undoubtedly cost at first but it's called sensible investment for the future.

The manager would, by and large, be allowed to get on with his job of running the football side of things (including recruitment). That's what he would be paid for. Stability would be the key and there would be no constant chopping and changing of personnel.

My immediate reaction to this account of the meeting is that both sides deserve credit for apparently conducting it in a manner that was constructive. Regardless of anyone’s position it’s unlikely that everyone will ever be satisfied with the way this (or any ) club is run but I’m sensing that there’s a basis to build on. 
For some , nothing less than a change of ownership will do, for others that isn’t necessary . I’m in the latter but hope that the acceptance on the owner’s part that some things haven’t been done well will deliver a stronger and more united club . 

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

That wouldn't be necessary if we were good. 99.9% of fans wouldn't give a fuck about knowing anything and local businesses would be coming to us. 

The chances of us being good while he continues to surround himself with the calibre of people he does (I’ve read that somewhere) is very slim to none, though. 

Well done on getting the meeting and feeding this back so quickly.  Some thoughts...

When asked what they thought the reasons were for a potential reduction in season ticket sales the answer was:
1. Team performance
2. Minority of fans with the Abdallah out campaign, and this filtering through to other fans.

When PTB offered their opinion about ex players and staff, they were told this happens at every club.  Which clubs are these that have this number of ex employees saying this sort of stuff?  Also, those still employed by the club are happy to say how great it is, but are there any ex-staff willing to say that too?

So in summary, no responsibility taken by those running the club.  The blame appears to lie with the manager/players and a small section of fans.

RB stated that Barry Owen is not involved regarding recruitment.  Is this a new development?  Because in June last year on this board, when Lags relayed what positives Barry Owen offered, these were a couple of the points that came from Barry himself:

5. Assist the ownership with recruitment of management team and players when requested.
6. Maintain relations with numerous agents and football clubs known over long periods resulting in signings such as Lang last season.

Also Lags stated in another post that Barry Owen signed Zak Mills.

I also find it a little bit amusing that AL and the board trust BO and his invaluable experience so implicitly that he's been taken off club statements and fans forums.

AL also states that he trusts those that run the club on a daily basis, namely NA, ML, BO and Shaheed.  However, we're at our lowest point in 50 years on the pitch, and off it fans feel the need to boycott and protest, and attendances are dwindling fast.  AL may have the very best intentions, and I don't know him so can't say one way or another.  But he's putting his trust in incompetent people who are costing him money.  Billy's letter sums up brilliantly what could be done for the club and fans to move forward together, but I can't see any of it happening.

16 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Well done on getting the meeting and feeding this back so quickly.  Some thoughts...

When asked what they thought the reasons were for a potential reduction in season ticket sales the answer was:
1. Team performance
2. Minority of fans with the Abdallah out campaign, and this filtering through to other fans.

When PTB offered their opinion about ex players and staff, they were told this happens at every club.  Which clubs are these that have this number of ex employees saying this sort of stuff?  Also, those still employed by the club are happy to say how great it is, but are there any ex-staff willing to say that too?

So in summary, no responsibility taken by those running the club.  The blame appears to lie with the manager/players and a small section of fans.

RB stated that Barry Owen is not involved regarding recruitment.  Is this a new development?  Because in June last year on this board, when Lags relayed what positives Barry Owen offered, these were a couple of the points that came from Barry himself:

5. Assist the ownership with recruitment of management team and players when requested.
6. Maintain relations with numerous agents and football clubs known over long periods resulting in signings such as Lang last season.

I also find it a little bit amusing that AL and the board trust BO and his invaluable experience so implicitly that he's been taken off club statements and fans forums.

AL also states that he trusts those that run the club on a daily basis, namely NA, ML, BO and Shaheed.  However, we're at our lowest point in 50 years on the pitch, and off it fans feel the need to boycott and protest, and attendances are dwindling fast.  AL may have the very best intentions, and I don't know him so can't say one way or another.  But he's putting his trust in incompetent people who are costing him money.  Billy's letter sums up brilliantly what could be done for the club and fans to move forward together, but I can't see any of it happening.

^This. Sums it all up so well.

PTB have done brilliantly to get this done and posted so quickly. The points made by @nzlatic are spot on and I got the impression, reading the responses from AL, NA and co, that they were not entirely truthful and wriggling their way out of some very awkward questions.

I'm not convinced in the slightest that AL and his cohorts fully appreciate the damage they have done, and are continuing to do, to this club. They're in denial about so much and I'm not convinced they will ever fully learn.

Their comments about BO just don't hold water, neither can they honestly believe that Mo is capable of looking after the club when AL isn't around. History tells them it just ain't so.

This is, without doubt, a step in the right direction, but more honesty and openness is still required. Keep pushing, PTB, and keep chipping away until they see sense.

23 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

1. Team performance

ah, Lags 😂

can't say l didnt try image.jpeg.7e47259256eafd68b7beda510fd1b32c.jpeg

Archived