#ReclaimTheFaith

On 10/11/2019 at 1:59 PM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Not so sure I’d have included Moore era images no matter how enjoyable it was at the time 

Why not? Its exactly what I kind of wished for with AL. Someone to come and spunk a load of money on an excellent team and then hope it works out. Unfrotunately, AL has ocme in and spunked a load of money on a wank team, and probably wont leave.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, youngen said:

Why not? Its exactly what I kind of wished for with AL. Someone to come and spunk a load of money on an excellent team and then hope it works out. Unfrotunately, AL has ocme in and spunked a load of money on a wank team, and probably wont leave.

I'd prefer it if it was somebody who actually had the money... 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:39 AM, PushTheBoundary said:

Morning OWTB,

As you will have realised, Push the Boundary is a small group of fans looking to mobilise a coordinated series of protests and associated activities.

We don’t need to go into detail as to what the issues are. The bottom line is we have lost our football club. Few would argue with that.

We have spent a number of weeks getting our house in order, connecting with external groups and individuals that can support and raise awareness. That is ongoing over the next couple of weeks in advance of going public on 31st.

For the record we are entirely independent of any other body - the trust, the club the FLG.

If a protest movement is to have effect, it needs support. Fans can’t just vent their frustrations invidually on messageboards and twitter. That is wasted energy.

Push the Boundary is, we hope, an opportunity for Latics fans to come together and express our dissatisfaction through a single louder voice. 

We need your ideas and suggestions but whatever we do we will be more powerful if we act as one. 

Thanks for reading 

If the ultimate aim is to attract a buyer and, by inference, to remove the Lemsagam brothers then you could argue that the club needs to be marketed more effectively.

What do we have going for us at the moment that will make the club more attractive to prospective buyers?

A small but loyal fan base. (Dwindling rapidly)

A longevity and tradition- the club has been around since 1895.

A half decent ground (but a ground which would need substantial investment if the new owner has the money to buy the four stands...)

A proximity to Manchester.

So, to put it plainly, not a huge amount. 

Whether you are currently in the ‘Boycott’ camp or the ‘Support the team not the regime’ camp or even ‘in denial’, what doesn’t help with the club’s image is the small number who post obscene and profane comments on twitter and on the wider social media platforms.

The fans are the lifeblood of the club and the vitriol reflects badly on the image of the club and can only do harm to us achieving the end goal that the majority want for the club.

32 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Depends. If the current position is "not for sale", then most action in the name of converting that to "for sale" is a means to an end.

Agree that ‘most’ action is a means to an end - but let’s do it with a bit of class. 

40 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If the ultimate aim is to attract a buyer and, by inference, to remove the Lemsagam brothers then you could argue that the club needs to be marketed more effectively.

What do we have going for us at the moment that will make the club more attractive to prospective buyers?

A half decent ground (but a ground which would need substantial investment if the new owner has the money to buy the four stands...)

We also, if run properly, can make big money through success in the league, success in the cup, sponsorship and transfer fees..

Just now, JoeP said:

We also, if run properly, can make big money through success in the league, success in the cup, sponsorship and transfer fees..

"big money"?  How clubs make big money in the bottom 2, or even 3, divisions?

The combined net loss from the bottom three league clubs last year was £388million.

I don't want someone owning our club wanting to, or thinking they can, make money from it. 

9 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The combined net loss from the bottom three league clubs last year was £388million.

I don't want someone owning our club wanting to, or thinking they can, make money from it. 

If an owner was making money from Latics he would be doing something right.

That in itself would be a welcome change.

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

The prospective owner would obviously have to have the ambition for us not to be a bottom 2 division club. As I say - run properly.

I think the factors I mentioned are likely to be more attractive than a small loyal fan base, being in existence since 1895 and a half-decent ground..

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

So, to put it plainly, not a huge amount. 

Whether you are currently in the ‘Boycott’ camp or the ‘Support the team not the regime’ camp or even ‘in denial’, what doesn’t help with the club’s image is the small number who post obscene and profane comments on twitter and on the wider social media platforms.

The fans are the lifeblood of the club and the vitriol reflects badly on the image of the club and can only do harm to us achieving the end goal that the majority want for the club.

My journey reading this post......

UUPCmmK.gif

On 10/20/2019 at 9:39 AM, PushTheBoundary said:

Morning OWTB,

As you will have realised, Push the Boundary is a small group of fans looking to mobilise a coordinated series of protests and associated activities.

We don’t need to go into detail as to what the issues are. The bottom line is we have lost our football club. Few would argue with that.

We have spent a number of weeks getting our house in order, connecting with external groups and individuals that can support and raise awareness. That is ongoing over the next couple of weeks in advance of going public on 31st.

For the record we are entirely independent of any other body - the trust, the club the FLG.

If a protest movement is to have effect, it needs support. Fans can’t just vent their frustrations invidually on messageboards and twitter. That is wasted energy.

Push the Boundary is, we hope, an opportunity for Latics fans to come together and express our dissatisfaction through a single louder voice. 

We need your ideas and suggestions but whatever we do we will be more powerful if we act as one. 

Thanks for reading 

I think this is a great initiative but I think we have to recognise that the vast majority of Oldham supporters are resistant to change as it seems to many to be unloyal, against the club and so draws a negative response. I was one of the 27 and could feel people who I have known for many years  being contemptuous at my protest, even though they have known for me for nigh on 50 years as a positive, vocal supporter of OAFC. I think to harness the support of the older generation (many of whom are boycotting or making noises that they aren't coming again until the owner goes), it will need a lot of careful handling.

I think many need convincing that protest of any kind can lead to a positive outcome - I know there are a few success stories out there (Blackpool, Orient, Newport etc), I think its about convincing Oldham supporters that the future can be brighter and positive protests can help lead to that.  I have never seen our support base so demotivated and disillusioned in 50 years of watching.....I can't see anything changing for the better under Lemsagams, its just getting worse and worse....there's got to be a better future without them as I am not convinced that we are any less at risk off the pitch as we are on it at the moment.

Good luck        

1 hour ago, unsworth blue said:

I think this is a great initiative but I think we have to recognise that the vast majority of Oldham supporters are resistant to change as it seems to many to be unloyal, against the club and so draws a negative response. I was one of the 27 and could feel people who I have known for many years  being contemptuous at my protest, even though they have known for me for nigh on 50 years as a positive, vocal supporter of OAFC. I think to harness the support of the older generation (many of whom are boycotting or making noises that they aren't coming again until the owner goes), it will need a lot of careful handling.

I think many need convincing that protest of any kind can lead to a positive outcome - I know there are a few success stories out there (Blackpool, Orient, Newport etc), I think its about convincing Oldham supporters that the future can be brighter and positive protests can help lead to that.  I have never seen our support base so demotivated and disillusioned in 50 years of watching.....I can't see anything changing for the better under Lemsagams, its just getting worse and worse....there's got to be a better future without them as I am not convinced that we are any less at risk off the pitch as we are on it at the moment.

Good luck        

If the Lemmy's go, someone needs to be found to take over who isn't worse. And there are worse out there. However in our case, any new owner doesn't get the land unless they buy that to.

13 minutes ago, al_bro said:

If the Lemmy's go, someone needs to be found to take over who isn't worse. And there are worse out there. However in our case, any new owner doesn't get the land unless they buy that to.

Who is worse Al bro? Dale at Bury just nailed the coffin lid on after Stuart Day went haywire and ran club into ground. That guy at Bolton is no more. Maybe fella at Charlton is as bad as Lemmies/ possibly Sisu…...that leaves 87+ who are probably better.

AL's solicitor said plenty of people interested in buying clubs - got to be someone better out there than Lemmies who may work with Blitz or whoever owns the ground. At rate of decline under Lemmies, may not be a football club at any rate to sell on    

6 minutes ago, unsworth blue said:

Who is worse Al bro? Dale at Bury just nailed the coffin lid on after Stuart Day went haywire and ran club into ground. That guy at Bolton is no more. Maybe fella at Charlton is as bad as Lemmies/ possibly Sisu…...that leaves 87+ who are probably better.

AL's solicitor said plenty of people interested in buying clubs - got to be someone better out there than Lemmies who may work with Blitz or whoever owns the ground. At rate of decline under Lemmies, may not be a football club at any rate to sell on    

There are worse I am sure.

But you really don’t stick in our situation.

Archived