#ReclaimTheFaith

7 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

I would imagine that he could do that if the ground he moved us to met certain standards. There are one or two reasonable non league grounds (Mossley, Curzon Ashton) that I’m sure we could share. Both have capacities of around 4K so there should be no problem accommodating our dwindling fan base. 😉 

No, EFL rules don't allow moves out of the town if the Home ground is available 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

No, EFL rules don't allow moves out of the town if the Home ground is available 

The Ricoh was available to Coventry but they couldn’t reach an agreement with the ground owners Wasps RFC, about playing there.

Coventry then agreed a ground-share with Birmingham City, playing their 2019-20 home fixtures at St Andrews Stadium (a 38-mile round-trip from Coventry).

So it seems it’s allowed if you don’t own the ground 🤔

1 hour ago, 100milesaway said:

I think that a move for Latics to play their home games outside the town would be the final insult, and the end of the club.

If that is their intention then we must fight tooth & nail to prevent it happening. If the fans don’t support the move then surely it can’t happen!

18 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

If that is their intention then we must fight tooth & nail to prevent it happening. If the fans don’t support the move then surely it can’t happen!

Unless fans boycott in full then this current leasership will keep treatimg them with the contempt shown so far. 

AL can do what he wants in my eyes, he has no feeling for the fans whatsoever.

He appears to have some money of his own (at the moment) so the world is his oyster, I'm sorry to say.
Living 130 miles away from Oldham as I do is a pain but I feel for all the fans still going to the games especially the ones that have been moved from the North stand.
This goes to show the boards contempt for us, the fans.

55 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

The boycott the other week was a virtual blowout, only people turning up now are happy clappers, staunch season ticket holders and a few who don't know what else to do with themselves.

13 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

It's all just a bizarre power game. 

I bet Blitz & the FLG are as bemused as they are pissed off with the lengths they're going to and the money they're willing to piss away just to "win". 

Fully agree with you, Harry.

People should never underestimate certain "cultural elements" here. And before anyone starts silly assumptions, I simply mean the issue of "losing face". It's a massive thing in various cultures - if ever you've done business in certain countries abroad, you will appreciate the issue.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

The boycott the other week was a virtual blowout, only people turning up now are happy clappers, staunch season ticket holders and a few who don't know what else to do with themselves.

Season Ticket 'promotions' will need to be absolutely amazing to attract anything like decent numbers

This money, or lack of it, helps us get through the close season and dictates our strengthening up of the playing squad for the new season

Just can't see even a glimmer of hope of us escaping our continuous decline  :jailed:

The sooner Blitz pulls the trigger the sooner this nightmare will be over. 

I am resigned now to the fact that nothing will improve under AL. The issue of the North Stand,  the matter of who owns what, who owes who what is academic as is the issue of saving face. OAFC 2004 isn't long for this world under AL's stewardship. 

Whilst I don't think anybody is squeaky clean in this whole sorry affair  the owners attitude towards the fans says it all for me and the sooner he is gone the better. 

We need somebody willing to come in, start again and work with Blitz, AL owns nothing other than a few non league players, despite what Transfermarkt may indicate., Blitz has the bricks and mortar. 

What is Oldham Athletic to me? It isn't Mohamed Maouch and Alex Iacovitti thats for sure. it's Boundary Park, the fans, our fantastic away followings and the little victories which  premier league fans can only dream of. 

Fold, start again. We still have our heart but we have certainly lost our soul. 

46 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

**SEASON TICKET SURVEY**

Following recent events and the upcoming release of Season Tickets, we want to hear from you on a range of different areas. We want as many people to complete this to get a cross section of opinions #oafc

http://PushTheBoundary.co.uk/season-ticket-survey-20-02-2020

When will the survey results be published?

5 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

The Ricoh was available to Coventry but they couldn’t reach an agreement with the ground owners Wasps RFC, about playing there.

Coventry then agreed a ground-share with Birmingham City, playing their 2019-20 home fixtures at St Andrews Stadium (a 38-mile round-trip from Coventry).

So it seems it’s allowed if you don’t own the ground 🤔

Their argument was that the terms that were demanded were completely unsustainable. Our beloved owner only agree the terms of the lease two yearso

1 hour ago, Haribo_man said:

The sooner Blitz pulls the trigger the sooner this nightmare will be over. 

I am resigned now to the fact that nothing will improve under AL. The issue of the North Stand,  the matter of who owns what, who owes who what is academic as is the issue of saving face. OAFC 2004 isn't long for this world under AL's stewardship. 

Whilst I don't think anybody is squeaky clean in this whole sorry affair  the owners attitude towards the fans says it all for me and the sooner he is gone the better. 

We need somebody willing to come in, start again and work with Blitz, AL owns nothing other than a few non league players, despite what Transfermarkt may indicate., Blitz has the bricks and mortar. 

What is Oldham Athletic to me? It isn't Mohamed Maouch and Alex Iacovitti thats for sure. it's Boundary Park, the fans, our fantastic away followings and the little victories which  premier league fans can only dream of. 

Fold, start again. We still have our heart but we have certainly lost our soul. 

What like Bury are doing ? 

1 minute ago, Frankies6 said:

What like Bury are doing ? 

Not really, Bury are a different example altogether as some parties are trying to keep the current legal entity alive (or refusing for it to die) but Steve Dale has recently defaulted on CVA which casts further doubt of it as a going concern. 

If Blitz calls in his debts against AL I can't see there being any agreement to repay debts and the business which AL owns will be wound up. It appears other creditors to OAFC 2004 Ltd would be minor and likely the Director loans of AL. 

Have a read up on the Bury situation and you will see how it differs. 

Can anyone tell me why the owners of the North Stand (Blitz and FLG?) haven't yet done the necessary compliance works as required by the H&S inspection. They don't need meetings with the tenant (AL?) to do the works and confirm publicly it now has been a green light and is compliant. As ST holders in that stand I can then know who to take to task.

The silence form the owners of the stand is deafening!

4 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

Can anyone tell me why the owners of the North Stand (Blitz and FLG?) haven't yet done the necessary compliance works as required by the H&S inspection. They don't need meetings with the tenant (AL?) to do the works and confirm publicly it now has been a green light and is compliant. As ST holders in that stand I can then know who to take to task.

I'd be looking to the club for an update in the first instance, as such I would say that their silence is more telling. 

Also how willing as a landlord would you be to do such works  for a tenant if they owe you significant sums of money? 

12 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

Appears they won't do it until the alleged rent is paid.

If this continues it will never open, what a farcical situation.

Needs someone or a consortium to buy both these out asap IMO.

10 minutes ago, Haribo_man said:

I'd be looking to the club for an update in the first instance, as such I would say that their silence is more telling. 

Also how willing as a landlord would you be to do such works  for a tenant if they owe you significant sums of money? 

Easy one that. As a landlord I'd the work required for H&S and fire safety for the 98% use of the whole stand (non-match time) and then would have a better chance of chasing the rent. No tenant is going to pay rent or back rent if the property is  currently (fact) and probably has been unsafe (reasonable assumption) for some time, according to an independent compliance notice.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Appears they won't do it until the alleged rent is paid.

If this continues it will never open, what a farcical situation.

Needs someone or a consortium to buy both these out asap IMO.

Easy one that. As a landlord I'd the work required for H&S and fire safety for the 98% use of the whole stand (non-match time) and then would have a better chance of chasing the rent. No tenant is going to pay rent or back rent if the property is  currently (fact) and probably has been unsafe (reasonable assumption) for some time, according to an independent compliance notice.

2 minutes ago, Chaddy14 said:

Yeah, actually why didn't they think of getting those few bits sorted to sort out the non payment issue going back to the beginning of the season. It probably would have stopped them initiating a Police investigation also 🙄

48 minutes ago, Haribo_man said:

Yeah, actually why didn't they think of getting those few bits sorted to sort out the non payment issue going back to the beginning of the season. It probably would have stopped them initiating a Police investigation also 🙄

Maybe because neither wants the other involved in the club. 

Archived